For many of us, it has been a long while since we looked at the dollhouse stored in the attic or dusted off the toy trucks in the storage bin in the basement, but for all of us, the play objects from our childhood hold a special meaning that is dear to our hearts.
The upcoming exhibit at the Putnam County Museum titled, "Red Rover, Red Rover, Send Everyone Over," will explore the objects of our fancy from youth, and it is sure to jog the memory of all as well as to bring delight to its viewers of all ages.
The exhibit will open April.
The museum is requesting the public's assistance with the exhibit. To complete it, they need the following items (all items would simply be on loan and would be returned, unless individuals wish to permanently donate them to the museum):
* 5 x 7 or 8 x 12 pictures of youth teams with the date and names on the back.
* Basketball pictures/news articles (from youth league).
* Key roller skates.
* Big Wheels.
* High wheel bike.
* Pictures of local children on bikes or in wagons.
* Early Radio Flyer wagon (pre WWII with or without sides).
* 1950s scooter.
* Nintendo, PlayStation and Sega consoles and games.
* G.I. Joe.
* Mr. Potato Head.
* Raggedy Ann and Andy.
* Rocking horse.
* Doctor's kit.
Questions can be directed to the museum at 653-8419.
The museum's hours of operation are Tuesday through Friday from 1 to 4 p.m. and Saturday 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.