[Nameplate] Overcast ~ 50°F  
High: 63°F ~ Low: 41°F
Tuesday, May 3, 2016

Putnam Scanner for May 1, 2009

Friday, May 1, 2009

Putnam County Sheriff's Department

Steve Weldon Jr., Coatesville, was traveling on CR 900W at 6:08 a.m. Thursday when he attempted to replace the cigarette lighter back in the ashtray. The left-side tires left the roadway, causing him to lose control of his vehicle and strike a utility pole. The pole then fell to the ground and Park County REMC was called to the scene for removal of the lines from the roadway. No injuries were reported. There was an estimated $1,001 to $2,500 in damages.

Richard Sweet, Litchfield, Maine, was traveling east on CR 950S at 11:11 a.m. Wednesday when he attempted a left turn onto US 231 with a green light. As Sweet entered the intersection, a vehicle driven by Larry Ralls of Noble, Okla. struck his vehicle. Ralls stated his brakes locked up when he attempted to stop for the intersection. There was an estimated $5,001 to $10,000 in damages.

Jennifer Brewer, Coatesville, was backing out of her driveway at 11:15 a.m. Wednesday when she struck a vehicle driven by Darren Kleiner, Whiteland, as he rounded a corner. There was an estimated $2,501 to $5,000 in damages.

Putnam County Jail

Jerry Kiger, 59, Indianapolis, was booked into the Putnam County Jail at 7:10 p.m. Wednesday for public intoxication, failure to stop after damage to property other than a vehicle, operating a vehicle while intoxicated and operating per se.

Enrique Ramirez Pichardo, 35, Greencastle, was booked at 2:27 a.m. Thursday for operating a vehicle while intoxicated, operating a vehicle and never receiving a license, public intoxication and operating per se.

Jennifer Runnells, 22, Greencastle, was booked at 12:01 p.m. Thursday for probation violation.

Paul Page, 50, Ladoga, was booked at 3:13 p.m. Thursday for failure to appear.

Greencastle Fire Department

Crews were dispatched to 330 Greenwood Drive at 11:47 p.m. Wednesday for an active alarm. The alarm was found to be malfunctioning and was reset. They were back in service at 12:56 a.m. Thursday.