GREENCASTLE -- The deadline to file is now past, and 17 people have declared their candidacies for county offices for the May 4 primary election.
Candidates for Putnam County offices will be:
* For Circuit Court judge, Republican Matthew L. Headley (incumbent).
* For prosecuting attorney, Republican Timothy Bookwalter (incumbent)
* For Circuit Court clerk, Republican Marty G. Watts (incumbent)
* For county recorder, Republicans Jeanette M. Summit (incumbent) and Opal Sutherlin
* For sheriff, Republicans Steve Fenwick (incumbent) and Noble W. New and Democrats Garry A. Clark and Frank A. Gardner
* For county surveyor, Republican David E. Penturf (incumbent)
* For county assessor, Republicans Nancy R. Dennis and Lorie L. Hallett
* For county commissioner District 2, Republicans Nancy E. Fogle and Larry Parker
* There are no candidates for County Council District 1.
* For County Council District 2, Roger L. Deck (incumbent)
* For County Council District 3, Republican H. Keith Berry (incumbent)
* For County Council District 4, Republican Darrel L. Thomas (incumbent)
Winners in the primary election will be on the ballot for the Nov. 2 general election.