To the Editor:
The DePauw University participants in the Winter Term in Service course to San Diego would like to thank the many individuals and organizations who made the March 4 event "Home Sweet Home: Exploring the Facets of Homelessness" possible.
First, we'd like to thank the Putnam County Community Foundation, Kroger and Wal-Mart for their generous financial support. Special thanks to the following individuals for their guidance and support:
* Catering manager Julie Snider and the staff at DePauw Dining Services
* Hartman House high school intern Dakota Parent
* Hartman House staff members Brenda Reed, Jessica Weasner and Linda Ross
* Debbie Zigler, director of the Greencastle Housing Authority
* Mayor Sue Murray
We'd also like to thank all the individuals who spoke at the event and provided information about ways to get involved in addressing homelessness in Putnam County:
* Alyce West, director of the A-Way Home Shelter,
* Mary Mountz, organizer of the Saint Andrew's Non-Food Pantry
* Liz Bjordal, on behalf of the Empty Bowls Campaign
* Taiwo Ajumobi, on behalf of Outreach, Inc.
* Daryl Mowry, on behalf of Civic Fellows' food card donation project
Finally, thank you to the staff of the Banner Graphic and all those from the greater Putnam County community and DePauw University who attended the event and made it a success. We hope that continued awareness about the issues surrounding homelessness encourages everyone to find ways to become involved in both Putnam County and beyond.
Winter Term in Service course participatns