GREENCASTLE -- Area 30 Career Center inducted 31 new members into the National Technical Honor Society recently.
NTHS is the acknowledged leader in the recognition of outstanding student achievement in career and technical education. These students were identified as top performing students in academics, career and technical education, leadership and community service.
Each year, seniors who were inducted as juniors lead the ceremony. This year, Amber Harney, Greencastle High School, vet tech 2; Natasha Aring, GHS, vet tech 2; Jessica Powell, Cloverdale High School, nursing; Dylan Hayes, South Putnam High School, computer networking; and Dominick Jordan, Eminence High School, computer networking, were the returning leaders who led the ceremony.
Second-year members who were recognized but were not able to participate included Emily Baker, SPHS, allied health; Shelby Deal, Owen Valley High School, allied health; and Emily Dean, GHS, vet tech.
The following exceptional students were inducted into National Technical Honor Society during this year's ceremony:
* Allied Health -- Hannah Cline, SPHS; Dakota Miller, GHS; Hannah Pettit, GHS and Sarah Trader, OVHS
* Auto Services Technology -- Kyle Arnett, OVHS
* Building Trades -- Eric Nation, OVHS and Patrick Richardson, GHS
* Web Design -- Wesley Anderson, OVHS and Josh Bonebrake, GHS
* Computer Integrated Manufacturing -- Cody Watson, GHS
* Culinary Arts -- Heather Berens, SPHS; Courtney Deal, OVHS and Shannon Knoblett, NPHS
* Computer Systems Networking -- Adam Hilliard, EHS
* C.N.A./Nursing -- Kayla Ault, NPHS; Lauren Green, NPHS; Shelby Haley, EHS; Holly Jordan, SPHS; Chris Pierce, GHS; Skyanne White, GHS;
* Early Childhood Education -- Kristen Arms, OVHS and Bethany Eaglin, SPHS
* ICE (Interdisciplinary Cooperative Education) -- Kenda Christy, GHS Tessah Dahn, CHS and Tiffany Watson, GHS
* Teacher Education -- Chelsea Doan, GHS and Krystal Trimble, GHS
* Law Enforcement -- Heather Hughes, SPHS and Cord Watkins, EHS
* Veterinary Technology -- Brandon Fry, OVHS and Aleta Warren, GHS
"Congratulations to these outstanding students and good wishes for your continued success," said Heather Elkins, Area 30 guidance counselor and National Technical Honors Society coordinator.