[Nameplate] Fair ~ 61°F  
High: 70°F ~ Low: 46°F
Sunday, May 1, 2016

INDOT awards county for 2 bridge projects

Friday, May 14, 2010

GREENCASTLE -- The Indiana Department of Transportation (INDOT) has chosen Putnam County to receive $688,000 in federal monies for two bridge projects. The two awards were among eight Crawfordsville District projects selected for Local Public Agency (LPA) Bridge Program funding targeted for 2013 construction.

In mid-April, an INDOT review panel at Crawfordsville heard fifteen LPA presentations. The district was allocated $5.9 million. A Project Selections Committee in Indianapolis composed of seven members from across the state confirmed the Crawfordsville District's recommendations.

Funding for the LPA Local Bridge Program is provided by the Federal Highway Administration and administered by INDOT. Federal dollars provide 80 percent of the approved project cost. Local communities must fund the remaining 20 percent.

An LPA bridge award of $423,000 will be used for bridge replacement of the bridge on County Road 1050 North over Big Raccoon Creek. The second award for $265,000 will be used for the rehabilitation of the bridge on County Road 650 East over Big Walnut Creek.


Comments
Note: The nature of the Internet makes it impractical for our staff to review every comment. If you feel that a comment is offensive, please Login or Create an account first, and then you will be able to flag a comment as objectionable. Please also note that those who post comments on bannergraphic.com may do so using a screen name, which may or may not reflect a website user's actual name. Readers should be careful not to assign comments to real people who may have names similar to screen names. Refrain from obscenity in your comments, and to keep discussions civil, don't say anything in a way your grandmother would be ashamed to read.

What about all the roads that are tore up past Crowes bridge that are being ingnored?

-- Posted by 1stamendrights on Sun, May 16, 2010, at 4:16 PM


Respond to this story

Posting a comment requires free registration: