Putnam County Fair Queen Contest is not affiliated with the Purdue Cooperative Extension Service or the 4-H Program. The contest will take place July 17 at 7 p.m. at the Putnam County Fair Grounds.
1. Each contestant must be at least 16 years of age and cannot have had her 21st birthday as of Aug. 22, 2010.
2. Contestants must be unmarried and must never have been married.
3. A contestant must be a Putnam County resident, and represent Putnam County in the State Fair Queen Pageant. The only exception: she may reside in an adjoining County if she is a 4-H member in Putnam County.
4. Each contestant must be an active member of at least one worthwhile organization in her community, i.e. church group, girl scouts, 4-H etc. and MUST have completed five years of 4-H.
5. Contestants cannot have had a child or be knowingly pregnant at the time of the county fair queen pageant or the state fair pageant.
6. Contestants cannot have any visible tattoos or piercings other than ears during the competition or while at the Putnam County Fair.
7. No professional model is eligible for the state fair contest.
8. The night of the contest, there will be two categories that each contestant will appear in, the first being professional wear and the second being formal wear.
9. Each contestant must attend and participate in the personal interview portion of the contest and dinner with the judges.
10. Contestants must participate in pre-contest training sessions in June and July. The first meeting will be held in the basement of the First National Bank building on June 9 at 7 p.m. Parents may attend the first practice and are invited to do so; all other practices are closed. Practices are mandatory. Missed meetings must be approved by the committee.
11. The fair queen will be selected from all contestants on the basis of beauty, poise and personality with will be determined in both the preliminary personal judging and the evening of the public contest. Miss Congeniality will be voted on by the contestants.
12. The winner must represent Putnam County in the contest of Miss Indiana State Fair or forfeit her title and prizes to the first runner up.
Applications are available at the Putnam County Extension Office and must be submitted by June 1.
Mail or drop off applications to Renee Marsteller at the Putnam County Juvenile Probation Department, 3rd Floor Courthouse, Greencastle, IN 46135.
For more information, call 653-8411.