* Sept. 27, 11:25 a.m.: Maria Powell, 84, Cloverdale, was traveling in a 1995 Ford at U.S. 231 and Market Street in Cloverdale. She said she got far over to the right and sideswiped a parked 2004 Kia Sedona.
* Sept. 27, 12:35 p.m.: Carly J. Crites, 26, Spencer, driving a 2009 Dodge on U.S. 231 South, saw the hazard lights of the 2007 Toyota of Janet S. Brant, 58, South Bend, and attempted to pass. However, Brant turned left into Crites' vehicle. Crites said she never saw a turn signal. Brant said she had her hazards on, but also signaled before turning.
* Sept. 27, 3:29 p.m.: Shawn Pingleton, 30, Greencastle, was turning on CR 275S from CR 525W in a 2002 Ford F150. He lost control while rounding the curve due to loose gravel. The truck traveled into a ditch on the north side, overturning on the driver's side.
Vehicle towed by Jerry Butts. Damage $1,001-$2,500.
Kathy Albright, 38, Cloverdale: Contempt of court, Sept. 27, 11:22 a.m.
Jared Brentlinger, 34, no city: Operating while intoxicated, public intoxication, Sept. 24, 11:08 p.m.
Ryan Mathew Inman, 37, Martinsville: Contempt of court, Sept. 28, 2:16 p.m.
Steve Law Jr., 35, Fresno, Calif.: Money laundering, identity deception, Sept. 25, 5:55 a.m.
James Patrick McCoy, 40, Greencastle: Operating while intoxicated, Sept. 26, 12:46 a.m.
Chase Martin Myers, 20, Spencer: Operating while intoxicated, minor consumption, Sept. 26, 4:25 a.m.
Christopher A. Snow, 19, no city: Conspiracy to commit theft, assisting a criminal, burglary, Sept. 23, 4:30 p.m.
Sept. 23, 9:52 p.m.: Detector activated at 208 Olive St. because of a curling iron left on. No fire was found. Cleared 10 p.m.
Sept. 24, 8:12 a.m.: Detector at 106 Spring St. due to cooking. Alarm reset. Cleared 8:28 a.m.
Sept. 24, 1:07 p.m.: Alarm at 505 Oakleaf Drive. No problem found. Alarm reset. Cleared 1:32 p.m.
Sept. 24, 8:36 p.m.: Unauthorized burn at 314 Sycamore St. The owner had extinguished the fire before the crew arrived. Cleared 9:20 p.m.
Sept. 25, 6:23 a.m.: Medic assist at 80 Kingswood Drive. Cleared 6:49 a.m.
Sept. 25, 10:50 p.m.: Alarm pulled at 905 S. College Ave. Disregarded en route at 10:55 p.m.
Sept. 26, 12:41 p.m.: Gas smell at 9 S. Locust St. No problem found, but the resident was cooking at the time. Cleared 1 p.m.
Sept. 26, 5:48 p.m.: Lift assist at 139 Woodhaven Drive. Cleared 6:06 p.m.
Sept. 27, 12:24 a.m.: Alarm due to cooking at 208 Olive St. Alarm reset. Cleared 12:35 a.m.
Sept. 27, 2:15 p.m.: Shorted electrical box caused small fire at 905 S. Indiana St. Patient transported to hospital. Power company cut the power and pulled the box. Cleared 2:52 p.m.
Sept. 28, 9:20 a.m. Motor vehicle accident at 410 Maple St. Cleared 9:45 a.m.
* Sept. 24, 3:53 p.m.: Emma Hendrickson, 69, Greencastle, was driving a 1993 Chrysler Town & Country westbound on Walnut St. Adam Cohen, 49, Greencastle, was driving a 2002 Suzuki Grand Vitara southbound on Indiana Street. Hendrickson came to the stop sign at Walnut and Indiana and then pulled out in front of Cohen's vehicle without seeing it. Cohen said he tried to swerve to avoid a collision, but it was too late and he struck the van. Once he struck the van, his vehicle spun around, coming to a rest facing north.
Cohen was transported to Putnam County Hospital for evaluation. Damage $2,501-$5,000.
* Sept. 26, 12:12 p.m.: Fredrick Hurt, 59, Greencastle, was operating a 2006 Honda 4S eastbound on Washington Street when he slowed to turn north on Durham Street. Carol J. Koenig, 76, Greencastle, operating a 2002 Dodge Stratus eastbound, struck Hurt's vehicle in the rear.
* Sept. 27, 11:10 a.m.: Fay J. McKamey, 77, Cloverdale, was in a parking lot at 1003 Mill Pond Lane in a 2009 Chevrolet Impala and observed an open parking space. She said she turned her wheel and must have applied pressure to the accelerator instead of the brake, causing her to lose control and struck an unoccupied 1998 Oldsmobile Silhouette registered to Larry Snider.
* Sept. 27, 8:27 p.m.: Steven McKinney, 48, Reelsville, was turning left out of the Gas America parking lot onto Indianapolis Road in a 1999 Ford F150. He was carrying a heavy load of gravel and advised he did not see the 2003 Chevrolet Cavalier driven by Evan R. Scott, 16, Greencastle. Scott was preparing to turn left onto Road Barn Road when his vehicle was struck.
* Sept. 28, 9:20 a.m.: Robert Bell Jr., 63, Greencastle, was driving a 2001 Dodge Durango southbound on Maple Avenue and apparently blacked out, striking a parked 1998 Ford Ranger and a utility pole. The officer advised Bell was incoherent still behind the wheel with his SUV in gear. The Ranger was registered to Clay Vogt.
Bell was transported to Putnam County Hospital.
Bell's vehicle towed by Jerry's. Damage $5,001-$10,000.
The following tickets have been issued recently:
Sept. 25, 9 p.m., S. Bloomington Street: Donald Evans, 28, Greencastle, driving while suspended.
Sept. 25, 9:28 p.m., E. Washington Street: David Keil, 18, Greencastle, learner's permit violation.
Information included in the Putnam Scanner is taken from reports provided to the Banner Graphic by the Putnam County Sheriff's Department, Greencastle Police Department and Greencastle Fire Department.
Individuals listed in the blotter have been arrested on probable cause and have not been formally charged. Charging information may change after an initial arrest.
Questions about listed charging information should be directed to the arresting agency.