Putnam County Sheriff's Department
* Sept. 28, 8:09 a.m.: Faril A. Ward, 61, Greencastle, driving a 2005 Chrysler Town and Country on US 231, did not notice traffic slowing down for a stopped school bus. He was too late to avoid a collision with Gayla A. Guignard, 46, Greencastle, in a 2003 Toyota Highlander.
Ward's vehicle was towed by UNK. Damage $10,001-$25,000.
* Sept. 29, 9:30 a.m.: Katherine S. Hess, 38, Indianapolis, was westbound in the left lane of US 40 in a 2008 Saturn Aura when a deer ran into her left front fender and bumper. The animal was thrown in the air and struck and cracked her windshield. Hiss did not see the deer until it struck her vehicle.
The deer ran off to the north.
Vehicle towed by Seniour's. Damage $5,001-$10,000.
* Sept. 30, 7:01 p.m.: Travis R. Lambermont, 35, Greencastle, was driving on CR 350N when he observed a 2010 Chevrolet stopped in the roadway. Lambermont said the vehicle's driver, Tara J. Campbell, 24, Greencastle, appeared to be having a medical problem. Once Lambermont exited his vehicle, he said Campbell, apparently having a seizure, hit her accelerator and struck Lambermont's 2003 Chevrolet head on. Upon striking Lambermont's vehicle, Campbell popped into reverse, struck a road sign and came to rest in a ditch.
Campbell's vehicle was towed by Jerry's. Damage $5,001-$10,000.
* Oct. 1, 10:15 a.m.: Jeffrey A. Coffing, 53, Crawfordsville, was following a slow moving farm vehicle on US 36E in a 1997 Chevrolet Venture. He pulled out to pass the vehicle, not noticing that Rachel A. Hix, 32, Danville, had already pulled out in a 2001 Toyota Tacoma to pass the farm vehicle and Coffing. The front left tire of Coffing's vehicle struck the right rear tire of Hix's vehicle. The only damage appeared to be black rubber marks on fenders.
Damage less than $1,000.
* Oct. 1, 8:20 p.m.: Laconda J. Clodfelter, 54, Coatesville, was eastbound on CR 300N in a 2008 Toyota Previa when a dog struck her right front bumper. The dog got up and ran to its residence.
* Oct. 1, 10:45 p.m.: Malinda A. Autrey, 43, Camby, was northbound on CR 525W in a 1996 Ford Windstar. A deer ran into her path, and she swerved to the right, losing control of the vehicle. The van bounced off two trees before sliding off into the ditch.
Vehicle towed by Jerry's. Damage $2,501-$5,000.
* Oct. 2, 11:06 a.m.: Llona D. Skadra, 41, Poland, was driving a 1997 Ford Explorer east on CR 700S. As she entered the curve at about 2300 East 700S, the back end of her SUV lost traction and slid sideways. At the same time, Norman E. Feltner, 53, Crawfordsville, was entering the curve heading west in a 2007 Dodge Dakota. Feltner's truck was hit on the front left fender and door by Skadra's left rear fender and bumper.
Feltner's vehicle was towed by Steele's. Damage $5,001-$10,000.
* Oct. 2, 2:22 p.m.: Janice K. Davis, 58, Carmel, was southbound on CR 800E in a 2001 Nissan Altima. She came to the 90-degree turn at CR 525N and slid into the 2008 Ford Explorer of Jason D. Hausz, 36, Floyds Knobs.
Hausz' vehicle was towed by Minks. Damage $1,001-$2,500.
Putnam County Jail
Shanda J. Blankenship, 31, Indianapolis: Operating while intoxicated, operating while intoxicated with a prior, disorderly conduct affray, Oct. 2, 2:04 a.m.
Robert Aden Brown, 37, Greencastle: Probation violations (2 counts), Oct. 4, 1:55 p.m.
Chris Paul Forsti, 38, Greencastle: Disorderly conduct disturbing the peace, Oct. 2, 5:35 a.m.
Michael DeWayne Grimes, 26, Greencastle: Battery with bodily injury, Oct. 2, 3:50 a.m.
Dale Kortesmaki, 43, Coatesville: Public intoxication, disorderly conduct disturbing the peace, Oct. 4, 9:33 p.m.
Donald Smith Marcum, 22, Greencastle: Operating while intoxicated, public intoxication, Oct. 2, 12:27 a.m.
James William Webb, 47, Cloverdale: Probation violation, Oct. 4, 5:46 p.m.
Greencastle Fire Department
Sept. 30, 6:05 p.m.: Assist Operation Life on pedestrian struck at Big Walnut Sports Park, Capital Avenue and SR 240. Cleared 7:31 p.m.
Oct. 1, 11:24 a.m.: Mulch fire along sidewalk at 498 Glenview Drive. Cleared 12:07 p.m.
Information included in the Putnam Scanner is taken from reports provided to the Banner Graphic by the Putnam County Sheriff's Department, Greencastle Police Department and Greencastle Fire Department.
Individuals listed in the blotter have been arrested on probable cause and have not been formally charged. Charging information may change after an initial arrest.
Questions about listed charging information should be directed to the arresting agency.