* Oct. 13, 4:04 p.m.: Ian E. Nelson, 30, Greencastle, was westbound on CR 350N near CR 50E, approaching a down slope in a 2000 Mazda Protégé LX. He advised that when going around a corner, his car would not turn, causing it to go off the road and hit a tree.
Vehicle towed by Jerry's. Damage $2,501-$5,000.
* Oct. 13, 8:49 p.m.: Donald Ross, 51, San Marcos, Calif., was attempting to back up a 2011 International semi on CR 400W near CR 125S. While backing up, he struck a mailbox and then backed into a guide wire, causing a power line to break.
* Oct. 15, 1:22 p.m.: Lisa A. Perry, 46, Poland, driving a 2003 Dodge Intrepid, and Chass L. Brinkley, 34, Fort Worth, Texas, driving a 2009 International semi, were both eastbound on I-70 at the 36.5-mile marker. Both drivers claimed the other driver merged into their lane.
Perry's vehicle towed by Steele's. Damage $2,501-$5,000.
* Oct. 15, 6:03 p.m.: John Howard, 60, Greencastle, was northbound on U.S. 231 in a 2006 Chrysler. He said he saw James Woody, 57, Greencastle, pull off at Snowy Pines Nursery in a 2009 Ford Fusion. Howard said Woody then pulled into traffic, and he could not avoid the collision. Woody said he pulled off at Snowy Pines to turn around and did not see Howard's vehicle.
Woody's vehicle towed by Seniour's. Damage $5,001-$10,000.
* Oct. 17, 5:21 p.m.: William Price, 20, Clayton, was eastbound on U.S. 40 in a 1993 Jeep Cherokee when he hit a bump in the road and his steering locked up. He said he went off the road into the median, then back across both lanes, causing him to hit the guardrail.
* Oct. 17, 9:52 p.m.: Sarah L. Robbins, 23, Lafayette, was northbound on U.S. 231 at CR 25S in a 2004 Ford Explorer when a deer jumped from the east side of the road. The animal hit her vehicle in the front passenger side.
Michael Ray Butler, 41, Fillmore: Operating while intoxicated, Oct. 16, 10:21 p.m.
Edward O'Brian Carter, 21 Indianapolis: Failure to comply, Oct. 19, 6:36 p.m.
Joshua Hickman, 23, Coatesville: Probation violation, Oct. 17, 7 a.m.
Amber June Mangus, 27, Russellville: Failure to appear, Oct. 16, 10:36 p.m.
Randy Aaron Sawyer, 40, Cloverdale: Violation of home detention, Oct. 19, 11:11 a.m.
Oct. 15, 6:13 p.m.: Motor vehicle accident on U.S. 231 N in front of Snowy Pines. Assisted with fluid cleanup. Cleared 6:34 p.m.
Oct. 15, 11:11 p.m.: Hazmat investigation on SR 240 E between F.B. Distro at Fillmore Road. The odor investigation revealed no hazardous materials. Cleared 11:54 p.m.
Oct. 17, 12:32 a.m.: Alarm due to smoking at 212 W. Franklin St. Reset upon arrival. Cleared 12:41 a.m.
Oct. 17, 11:02 a.m.: Alarm at 506 S. Jackson St. Disregarded en route 11:05 a.m.
Oct. 17, 8:50 p.m.: Alarm due to maintenance work on pumps at 3333 S. 10th St. Cleared 9:11 p.m.
Oct. 18, 11:55 a.m.: Blown power lines due to a squirrel at 716 Terrace Lane. Incident caused a power outage. Cleared 12:07 p.m.
Oct. 19, 2:46 p.m.: Medic assist at 846 E. Washington St. Cleared 3:10 p.m.
* Oct. 8, 3:28 p.m.: Ronald J. Dargel, 63, Aurora, Miss., was stopped westbound on Veteran's Memorial Highway waiting to turn south on Bloomington Street, in a 2001 International. Mildred Duggins, 63, Greencastle, was westbound approaching the intersection in a 1993 Suzuki, when she stated her brakes failed, causing her to rear-end Dargel's stopped tractor-trailer.
Duggins' vehicle towed by Seniour's. Damage $1,001-$2,500.
* Oct. 9, 2:37 p.m.: Sandra Turner, 62, Plainfield, driving a 2001 Buick, advised he was traveling south from Fawn View Lane, proceeding across Indianapolis Road to continue south on Percy Julian Drive, when a 2004 Mercury driven by Rosemarie Shaw, 55, Greencastle, pulled into her path of travel. Shaw said she was traveling north on Percy Julian Drive, signaling to turn west onto Indianapolis Road. She said she had the green light and proceeded to complete her turn, but the Turner vehicle came from nowhere and the collision was unavoidable.
A witness in the westbound turn lane witnessed the collision, but could not corroborate either story.
A passenger in Turner's vehicle complained of chest pain and was taken to Putnam County Hospital. She was later treated and released. Turner was later admitted to the hospital with complaints of pain to her neck, left leg and left arm.
Vehicles towed by Seniour's. Damages $2,501-$5,000.
* Oct. 15, 1:35 p.m.: John L. Wallace, 56, Greencastle, driving a 1997 Chevrolet S14, came to a stop on Vine Street at Washington Street facing south and turned his left turn signal on. He noticed the 2007 Chevrolet Malibu of Cynthia Dewes, 77, Greencastle, waiting northbound at the intersection with no turn signal. Wallace said he was watching westbound traffic and thought he had enough time to turn left in front of a westbound vehicle. However, as he pulled into the intersection, he saw Dewes' vehicle proceeding straight through the intersection. Dewes advised as she pulled into the intersection, Wallace pulled out to turn left. The drivers noticed before impact, but neither was able to avoid the collision.
Dewes' vehicle towed by Jerry's. Damage $2,501-$5,000.
* Oct. 16, 5:58 a.m.: Rodger Maiden, 63, Amelia, Ohio, driving a 2008 Peterbilt semi tractor, was turning around in the parking lot of the Dollar General store, 507 N. Jackson St., when the trailer caught the corner of the awning on the building and tore it off.
* Oct. 18, 4:13 p.m.: Sasha Query, 18, Greencastle, was westbound on Washington Street preparing to turn left onto Hammond Drive in a 1989 Ford Mustang and did not see any oncoming traffic. Madonna Hayden, 47, Greencastle, was eastbound in a 2003 Lexus. She said she saw Query's vehicle, which turned directly into her path. Query advised that just before turning, she looked down at her radio and when she looked up and saw Hammond's vehicle, it was too late.
A witness waiting at the stop sign on Hammond Drive advised Query did not yield right of way.
Hayden's vehicle towed by Belle Union Towing. Damages $2,501-$5,000.
* Oct. 18, 4:46 p.m.: Antoinette Hassler, 21, Greencastle, was traveling west on Martinsville Street, stopped at the stop sign at Bloomington Street in a 1993 Buick. She was en route to McClure's gas station, and was motioned through traffic by a motorist stopped in traffic. She proceeded through the intersection and was struck by the southbound 2007 Toyota driven by Kathleen Priest, 62, Greencastle. Priest advised she was heading south when Hassler entered her path of travel.
Hassler was ticketed for operating without financial responsibility and false or fictitious registration.
* Oct. 18, 5:08 p.m.: Benn Johnson-Tatelbaum, 21, Greencastle, was northbound on Bloomington Street in a 2004 Infinity. As he approached Hanna Street, he signaled for a left turn and did not see an oncoming vehicle. John Stanley, 37, Cloverdale, was southbound on Bloomington Street in a 1982 Chevrolet registered to Ricky Davis, Cloverdale. When Johnson-Tatelbaum pulled into his path, he was unable to avoid the collision.
Stanley was ticketed for operating without financial responsibility and false or fictitious registration.
Johnson-Tatelbaum's vehicle towed by Seniour's. Damage $2,501-$5,000.
* Oct. 18: Stephen McMains, 61, Greencastle, was stationary at the red light at the intersection of Bloomington and Washington streets in a 2005 Chrysler when he was struck from behind by Heather Barany, 31, Greencastle, driving a 2001 Mitsubishi. Barany said as she approached the intersection, he accelerator struck, which caused her to strike the rear end of McMains' vehicle.
The following tickets have been issued recently by GPD:
Oct. 7, 9:25 p.m., Tennessee Street: Kathryn Williams, 20, Plainfield, driving while suspended with prior.
Oct. 7, 11:20 p.m., Locust and Hanna streets: Hyun Woo Oh, 19, Irvina, Calif., illegal U-turn.
Oct. 10, 4:27 a.m., Bloomington Street: Nathan Manning, 19, Wentzville, Mo., 54 in a 30.
Oct. 10, 4:55 a.m., Bloomington Street: Brittany Mason, 21, Terre Haute, 50 in a 30.
Oct. 14, 8:35 p.m., Indianapolis Road: Michael Brennan, 25, Coatesville, driving while suspended with prior.
Oct. 16, 12:20 a.m., Bloomington Street: Tim Wallace II, 25, Brazil, driving while suspended, false or fictitious registration.
Oct. 17, 9:25 p.m., SR 240E: Bonnie Jamerson, 60, Poland, driving while suspended.
Information included in the Putnam Scanner is taken from reports provided to the Banner Graphic by the Putnam County Sheriff's Department, Greencastle Police Department and Greencastle Fire Department.
Individuals listed in the blotter have been arrested on probable cause and have not been formally charged. Charging information may change after an initial arrest.
Questions about listed charging information should be directed to the arresting agency.