* Nov. 1, 2:09 p.m.: Robin Heineman, 53, Reelsville, was southbound on Manhattan Road in a 1993 Pontiac Grand Am. She said the front end had been going out on the car. She said the car suddenly went off the road and into the ditch on the west side.
Heineman complained of chest pain and was transported to Putnam County Hospital by Operation Life.
Towed by Jerry's. Damage $2,501-$5,000.
* Nov. 1, 9 p.m.: Kathleen King, 61, Greencastle, was westbound on CR 25N in a 2007 Chevrolet Trailblazer when a deer ran into the passenger door area.
* Nov. 3, 1:22 p.m.: Andrew Sweitzer, 29, Marshall, Ill., was westbound on I-70 in a 2007 Chevrolet HHR. He said a truck hauling a trailer was in front of him in the fast lane. When he saw the traffic in front of him was slowing, Sweitzer swerved to the right to avoid the trailer, causing him to lose control and strike a guardrail.
Towed by Steele's. Damage $5,001-$10,000.
Putnam County Jail
Christopher Pat Barnes, 23, Plainfield: Theft, Nov. 3, 8:54 p.m.
Thomas Jefferson, 36, Greencastle: Nonsupport of a dependent, Nov. 3, 1:30 p.m.
* Oct. 29, 5:21 p.m.: Kevin Walpole, 31, Indianapolis, was driving a 2003 Dodge Durango approaching the intersection of Indianapolis Road and Veteran's Memorial Highway. Walpole said he was not paying attention and ran into the back of the 2006 Chrysler driven by Jacquelyn A. Eitel, 54, Greencastle. This, in turn, pushed Eitel's vehicle into the back of a 1993 BMW driven by Andrew Tesmer, 23, Greencastle.
Walpole was cited for driving while suspended.
* Oct. 30, 5 a.m.: Richard Evans, 43, Greencastle, driving a 2000 Ford Explorer on SR 240E near Calbert Way, was stopped on a traffic stop after an accident was called in by a witness who stated the subject was driving on a flat tire with heavy damage to the front left. Evans' vehicle collided with a curb and signpost and continued on.
Evans said he was just driving home westbound on SR 240E when his tire blew out. He was unaware he hit anything.
Evans was cited for operating while intoxicated.
* Oct. 31, 12:28 p.m.: David Smotherman, 44, Greencastle, was eastbound on Washington Street, stopped in traffic at Locust Street, in a 2007 Chevrolet Silverado. He said he looked over at his son and rolled into the 1993 Chevrolet Lumina driven by Kimberly Steadmon, 44, Louisville, Ky. Steadmon said she was stopped at the intersection when she was struck by Smotherman's vehicle, which pushed her into another vehicle stopped at the intersection. The driver of the third vehicle fled the scene soon after the accident.
* Nov. 1, 11:53 a.m.: Michael Lawson, 18, Greencastle, was traveling north on Jackson Street in a 1999 Ford F250 when he was struck by a 2004 Dodge Dakota driven by Robert W. Clampitt, 60, Roachdale, as it was turning off Earp Street. Clampitt advised he saw no traffic coming from the south.
* Nov. 2, 12:52 p.m.: Rebecca L. Bond, 57, Greencastle, was pulling through the lot at McClure's in a 2003 Pontiac Grand Am. As she was passing the middle gas pumps, she was struck in the side on the driver's side by Samantha L. Kuchler, 19, Greencastle, in a 2002 Chevrolet Cavalier. Kuchler advised she was pulling out after getting fuel at the middle gas pumps and did not see any oncoming vehicle and pulled out into the lot. She then saw the Bond vehicle and could not stop in time to avoid the collision.
The following tickets have been issued:
Oct. 30, 1:10 a.m., S. Jackson Street: Justin York, 18, Greencastle, false or fictitious registration.
Oct. 31, 8:37 p.m., Veteran's Memorial Highway: Alice Huffaker, 62, Greencastle, expired license plate.
Information included in the Putnam Scanner is taken from reports provided to the Banner Graphic by the Putnam County Sheriff's Department, Greencastle Police Department and Greencastle Fire Department.
Individuals listed in the blotter have been arrested on probable cause and have not been formally charged. Charging information may change after an initial arrest.
Questions about listed charging information should be directed to the arresting agency.