At 5:07 p.m. Nov. 11, the Greencastle Fire Department was dispatched to a call from 923 N. Madison St. for a neighbor burning leaves illegally. The resident was told to put the fire out. Cleared at 5:29 p.m.
Putnam County Jail
Kelly Marie Gustafson, 29, Terre Haute: Theft, Nov. 18, 7:45 p.m.
Elijah Dean Isenhower, 19, Danville: Public intoxication, minor consumption, Nov. 18, 10:10 p.m.
Greencastle Fire Department
Nov. 17, 8:37 p.m.: Motor vehicle accident at Jackson and Walnut streets. Disregarded en route by GPD, 8:38 p.m.
Nov. 18, 9:15 p.m.: Alarm due to cooking at 414 S. Indiana St. Disregarded en route by DePauw, 9:19 p.m.
Nov. 19, 4:20 a.m.: Assist Operation Life at 1134 Castlebury Dr. Cleared 5:04 a.m.
Greencastle Police Department
* Nov. 9, 2:23 p.m.: James Hendricks, 75, Spencer; Christopher Watson, 38, Greencastle; Patricia Clements, 62, Greencastle; and a fourth unknown driver were all northbound on Bloomington St. at the intersection of Washington St. Hendricks, driving a 1989 Chevrolet pick-up, said he struck a black Pontiac, possibly a Sunfire, which then took off and struck the other vehicles. Watson said he was sittings stationary at the stop light in a 2008 Pontiac when the black Pontiac struck him in the rear and then drove around his vehicle and struck Clements' 2008 Chevrolet. Clements advised the unknown vehicle was driven by a male who got out of his car and said, "I didn't hit you," He then got back into his car and took off westbound down an alley.
The black Pontiac was not located at the time of the report.
* Nov. 9, 6:54 p.m.: Madonna Foulke, 84, Greencastle, was westbound on Hanna St. just west of Illinois St. in a 2004 Oldsmobile when she met another vehicle that appeared to be over the center line. She got over too far to the right and struck a 1999 Ford F150 owned by Raymond Jordan, Greencastle.
* Nov. 11, 9:21 a.m.: Robert J. Popovich, 61, Carmel, driving a 2007 Chevrolet, was pulling out of a parking lot onto US 231 southbound through a break in traffic. He did not notice the northbound 1985 Ford pick-up driven by Jimmy R. Parrish, 68, Greencastle in the left turn lane. Parrish said he was northbound in the left turn lane when the other vehicle pulled out in front of him and he could not avoid the collision.
Parrish vehicle towed by Jerry's. Damage $2,501-$5,000.
* Nov. 12, 3:55 p.m.: Debra Poynter, 55, Greencastle, was in her parking space at 821 Indianapolis Rd. in a 2007 Ford Expedition. She pulled through a vacant spot, stopped before entering the travel lane and saw no traffic. She pulled out and struck a 2009 Acura driven by Carol Martin, 51, New Lenox, Ill. Martin said she backed out from her parking space, which was on the other side of the parking lot, drove around the perimeter for the parking lanes when she saw the SUV pull into her lane of travel. She turned her steering wheel to the left in an attempt to avoid a collision but could not.
* Nov. 12, 11:04 p.m.: Suzanne Masten, 37, Greencastle, driving a 2008 Chevrolet, drove onto a concrete curb before violently colliding with a utility pole. She failed to stay at the scene and was located moments later on E. Washington St.
She was arrested for OMVWI and leaving the scene of a property damage accident.
* Nov. 13, 2:22 p.m.: Zheto Zhao, 22, Greencastle, was attempting to turn left into Family Video when he was struck by the eastbound 2006 Pontiac driven by Kevin Whitis, 41, Greencastle. Whitis said he was traveling east when Zhao turned into his path. After Zhao's vehicle was struck, it slid into a concrete lane divider, breaking the rear driver's side wheel.
Zhao's vehicle towed by Jerry's.
* Nov. 17, 8:19 p.m.: Raymond Stinson, 16, Greencastle, was southbound on Jackson St. at the Walnut St. intersection in a 1995 Dodge Ram when Aisa Terry, 17, Cloverdale, in a 1995 Chevrolet S10, pulled into the intersection, directly into Stinson's path. Terry said she did not see Stinson's vehicle and pulled into his path.
Terry vehicle towed by Jerry's.
The following tickets have been issued by GPD:
Nov. 8, 3:47 a.m., Indianapolis Rd. and Gas America: Leroy Cummings, 59, Greencastle, passing on double yellow.
Nov. 10, 11:02 p.m., Washington St.: Michael Vanpelt, 55, Cloverdale, no registration plate.
Nov. 11, 8:37 p.m., Fillmore Rd.: Laurie Fowler, 31, Coatesville, driving while suspended.
Nov. 12, 7:25 a.m., Bloomington St.: Nancy Hardesty, 55, Spencer, 45 in a 30.
Nov.16, 9 a.m., Jackson St.: Chris Campbell, 34, Greencastle, driving while suspended.
Nov. 16, 9:02 p.m., Jackson St.: Austin Kirk, 30, Greencastle, driving while suspended.
Nov. 17, 8:20 a.m., Bloomington St.: Loutfi Jirari, 35, Royalton, Ill., 63 in a 40.
Nov. 17, 12:03 p.m., Jackson St.: Bernard Flynn, 20, Indianapolis, failure to yield right of way.
Nov. 17, 11:05 p.m., Bloomington St.: Vance Davis, 25, Cloverdale, false or fictitious registration.
Information included in the Putnam Scanner is taken from reports provided to the Banner Graphic by the Putnam County Sheriff's Department, Greencastle Police Department and Greencastle Fire Department.
Individuals listed in the blotter have been arrested on probable cause and have not been formally charged. Charging information may change after an initial arrest.
Questions about listed charging information should be directed to the arresting agency.