Putnam County Sheriff's Department
* Dec. 12, 1:21 p.m.: Matthias J. Mitman II, 31, Indianapolis, was westbound on I-70 on an overpass in a 1998 Lexus GS3 when he lost control of his vehicle and struck a bridge.
Towed by Steele's. Damage $5,001-$10,000.
* Dec. 12, 4 p.m.: Byron A. Lacago, 33, Indianapolis, was eastbound on I-70 in a Ford Explorer when he lost control due to weather conditions. The vehicle slid across the median into the westbound lane, making contact with the left rear corner of a semi tractor. Stanley L. Crosby, 49, Paxico, Kan., driver of the 2009 Peterbilt semi tractor, said he was westbound when the Explorer slid into his lane of travel, damaging his left rear.
* Dec. 12, 9:08 p.m.: June E. Finney, 59, Quincy, was southbound on CR 750E in a 2003 Chevrolet Blazer when she lost control of her vehicle due to slick roadway and went into the ditch on the east side of the road and rolled onto her side.
Towed by Curtis. Damage $1,001-$2,500.
* Dec. 17, 2:35 p.m.: Jasmine K. Dwigans, 16, Greencastle, was on CR 550W in a 1997 Eagle Talon when she came around a corner, hit a patch of ice and was unable to stop or turn to avoid hitting the left front of the 1997 Dodge driven by James J. Mangus, 20, Bainbridge.
Magus' vehicle towed by Seniour's. Damge $2,501-$5,000.
* Dec. 20, 8:30 p.m.: Joshua S. Overstreet, 20, Greencastle, was on CR 775E in a 2004 Dodge. He said he was unfamiliar with the road and didn't have time to make the turn. He left the roadway, hitting a ditch.
* Dec. 21, 1 a.m.: Marina N. King, 18, Indianapolis, was eastbound on I-70 in a 2001 Honda Civic when her vehicle left the roadway and entered the snow-covered median for about 251 feet before reentering the roadway. As she reentered, her vehicle traveled across the left eastbound lane in a southeast direction. Michael W. Petty, 37, Tolono, Ill., was in the left lane in a 2000 Peterbilt T379 semi tractor. Petty said he could not move to the right lane due to a passenger vehicle in the lane. His semi struck King's Honda on the left side, sending it into a spin across the right lane. King's vehicle left the roadway and traveled approximately 75 feet on the snow-covered embankment before coming to rest facing northbound.
King was trapped in her vehicle and unresponsive, sustaining fatal injuries in the crash.
Also responding to the scene were the Cloverdale Township Volunteer Fire Department and Operation Life.
King's vehicle towed by Steele's. Petty's vehicle towed by Curtis. Damage $10,001-$25,000.
* Dec. 22, 5:38 a.m.: Perry D. Ward Jr., 28, Lafayette, was on CR 300W in a 2008 Chevrolet S10 when a deer entered the roadway. He avoided it and another one came into the roadway that he couldn't avoid.
* Dec. 22, 6:41 p.m.: Sharon L. Stamm, 67, Brazil, was westbound on U.S. 40 in a 2008 Chevrolet when she struck a deer.
* Dec. 22, 10:17 p.m.: Michael R. Curtis, 20, Greencastle, was southbound on CR 475E in a 2003 Chevrolet Silverado when he struck a deer.
Towed by Jerry's. Damage $2,501-$5,000.
* Dec. 23, 5 a.m.: Thomas L. Gorham III, 30, Greencastle, was on CR 100S in a 2008 Chevrolet Colorado when a deer entered the roadway. He served, got off the side of the road, over-steered and went off the other side, ultimately rolling his vehicle and going through a fence.
Towed by Jerry's. Damage $10,001-$25,000.
* Dec. 23, 7:40 a.m.: Casey A. Stevens, 30, Bainbridge, was eastbound on U.S. 36 in a 2008 Pontiac G6 when five deer ran across the road and she stuck one of them.
* Dec. 23, 6:33 p.m.: Alexander Arthur, 25, Eminence, was northbound on CR 500E in a 1996 Nissan Maxima when she struck a deer.
* Dec. 23, 10:34 p.m.: Christopher B. Smiley, 20, Reelsville, was westbound on U.S. for at CR 550E in a 2008 Chevrolet when he struck a deer.
* Dec. 24, 7:35 p.m.: Dean Knight, 19, Cloverdale, was eastbound on CR 50S in a 1995 Saturn when he slid off the road due to ice and struck a utility pole.
He said his wrist hurt and his parents took him to Putnam County Hospital.
Towed by Seniour's. Damage $2,501-$5,000.
* Dec. 25, 5:03 p.m.: Veronica F. Bryant, 60, Greencastle, was southbound on CR 525E in a 2002 Ford when she lost control on snow and ice and struck the 2001 Dodge driven by Robert A. Walter Sr., 45, Fillmore, who was northbound.
Bryant's vehicle towed by Seniour's. Walter's vehicle towed by Jerry's. Damage $10,001-$25,000.
* Dec. 25, 6:11 p.m.: Amanda Lytle, 30, Greencastle, was eastbound on CR 175N in a 2000 Pontiac when she lost control on ice and went off the road, into a creek bed.
Operation Life responded to the scene, and Lytle and her toddler were checked out, signing medical releases.
Towed by Jerry's. Damage $2,501-$5,000.
* Dec. 25, 9:17 p.m.: Colleen Summerlot, 23, Greencastle, was eastbound on CR 25S in a 2003 Nissan Xterra when she lost control on the icy road, spun 180 degrees and slid off the road, into a tree.
* Dec. 25, 11:40 p.m.: Alexis G. Perez, 32, Indianapolis, was eastbound on CR 525N and was turning north into a 90-degree turn at CR 825E in a 2005 Lexus RX330. He lost control due to ice and ran off the road, hitting a very large rock in the ditch.
Towed by Seniour's. Damage $10,001-$25,000.
* Dec. 26, 5:27 a.m.: John D. Finch Jr., 68, Greencastle, was southbound on U.S. 231 at CR 350N in a 2002 Chevrolet Venture when he struck a deer.
* Dec. 26, 2:44 p.m.: Jessica Stewart, 17, Bainbridge, was eastbound on CR 175N in a 1995 Oldsmobile when she lost control due to ice in a curve, causing her to slide off the road and into a tree.
Towed by Jerry's. Damage $2,501-$5,000.
* Dec. 26, 2:55 p.m.: Stephanie Berry, 20, Roachdale, lost control of her 2002 Jeep Liberty due to ice at the intersection of CR 675E and CR 800N and got struck in the ditch. Ila McCalment, 67, Roachdale, lost control of her 1997 Jeep Cherokee at the same location, causing her to rear-end Berry's vehicle.
* Dec. 26, 6:10 p.m.: Robert C. Childress, 22, Plainfield, was eastbound on U.S. 40 in a 1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee and struck a deer.
* Dec. 29, 1:28 a.m.: Aaron R. Dwinell, 34, Rockville, was eastbound on U.S. 36 one mile west of U.S. 231 when he struck a deer.
Towed by Seniour's. Damage $1,001-$2,500.
Putnam County Jail
Robert Wesley Albright, 20, Greencastle: Theft, minor possession, Dec. 28, 1:40 a.m.
Fletcher Steve Clark, 20, Indianapolis: Failure to appear, Dec. 21, 2:33 p.m.
Shannon M. Depew, 26, Coatesville: Probation violation, Dec. 28, 3:30 p.m.
Shawn Allen Fikes, 33, Coatesville: Failure to appear, Dec. 23, 9:40 a.m.
Richard Rhea Hassler, 55, Greencastle: Operating while intoxicated, Dec. 22, 8:55 p.m.
Steven Russell Hornbeck, 36, Lizton: Probation violation, Dec. 21, 2:18 p.m.
Paul Scott Lycos, 38, Parrish, Fla.: Nonsupport of a dependent, Dec. 22, 3:18 p.m.
Ryan Michael Meyer, 26, Greencastle: Auto theft, Dec. 21, 2:49 p.m.
Christopher Scott Moore, 32, Martinsville: Probation violation, Dec. 29, 2:08 p.m.
Adam J. Parks, 26, Greencastle: Domestic battery, Dec. 23, 12:47 a.m.
Jeffrey Lind Petty Jr., 30, Indianapolis: Failure to appear, Dec. 21, 1:58 p.m.
Tyler Brock Rominger, 19, Greencastle: Receiving stolen property, minor possession, possession of marijuana, Dec. 28, 1:27 a.m.
Kris Joseph Starks, 36, Greencastle: Operating while intoxicated, public intoxication, Dec. 24, 5:05 a.m.
Michael Dwayne Thacker, 22, Greencastle: Criminal mischief, Dec. 21, 3:03 p.m.
Greencastle Fire Department
Dec. 21, 7:07 p.m.: Lift assist at 511 Elm Leaf. Cleared 7:22 p.m.
Dec. 22, 3:04 p.m.: Smoke scare at 1379 South C.R. 275. Cleared 3:38 p.m.
Dec. 23, 3:20 a.m.: Medical assist at 705 E. Washington St. Cleared 3:45 p.m.
Dec. 23, 9:14 a.m.: Dispatched to 1014 Millpond Ln. Disregarded 9:16 a.m.
Dec. 23, 9:53 a.m.: Hazmat investigation at 16 S. Jackson St. Cleared 10 a.m.
Dec. 23, 1:09 p.m.: Motor vehicle accident with injury at intersection of Washington and Spring streets. Cleared 1:32 p.m.
Dec. 23, 3:29 p.m.: Vehicle fire at 203 S. Indiana St. Cleared 3:36 p.m.
Dec. 24, 5:47 p.m.: Motor vehicle accident at 1193 West C.R. 125S. Cleared 6:42 p.m.
Dec. 24, 7:35 p.m.: Dispatched to 3800 C.R. 50S. Disregarded 7:42 p.m.
Dec. 25, 6:15 p.m.: Dispatched to 1442 East C.R. 175S. Disregarded 6:52 p.m.
Dec. 25, 9:46 p.m.: Dispatched to 760 West U.S. 40. Disregarded 9:48 p.m.
Dec. 25, 11:04 p.m.: Lift assist at 805 Crescent Dr. Cleared 11:19 p.m.
Dec. 28, 1:51 p.m.: Structure fire at 5177 North C.R. 600W. Cleared 3:08 p.m.
Information included in the Putnam Scanner is taken from reports provided to the Banner Graphic by the Putnam County Sheriff's Department, Greencastle Police Department and Greencastle Fire Department.
Individuals listed in the blotter have been arrested on probable cause and have not been formally charged. Charging information may change after an initial arrest.
Questions about listed charging information should be directed to the arresting agency.