Putnam County Sheriff's Department
* Jan. 4, 6:30 p.m.: Byran R. Gough, 71, Roachdale, was eastbound on CR 800N in a 2011 Buick Lucerne when he hit a deer.
* Jan. 4, 6:36 p.m.: Melvin K. Keyt, 74, Greencastle, westbound on U.S. 36 in a 2004 GMC Envoy when he hit a deer.
* Jan. 4, 7 p.m.: Jason Chambers, 28, Cloverdale, was northbound on CR 550E just south of U.S. 40 in a 2005 Ford Explorer and a deer struck the rear driver's side.
* Jan. 5, 3:25 p.m.: Clifford Anderson, 52, Brazil, was stopped at the intersection of CR 200W and U.S. 40 in a 1988 Mazda 626. He was behind Christina King, 38, Indianapolis, in a 1999 Chevrolet Silverado. King advised that she started to go, but saw a westbound vehicle and stopped. Anderson advised after King stopped, he attempted to go around on the right, but struck the right rear bumper of King's truck.
* Jan. 6, 6:51 a.m.: Shirley J. Young, 58, Cloverdale, was on SR 243N in a 2002 Honda Accord when she hit a deer.
Putnam County Jail
Randy Bailey Arnold, 20, Martinsville: False informing, possession of marijuana, Jan. 5, 3:30 a.m.
David Dale Little, 44, Clayton: Operating while intoxicated, possession of marijuana, possession of paraphernalia, Jan. 5, 10:51 p.m.
Rodney Milton Moore, 18, Quincy: Robbery, Jan. 5, 3:30 a.m.
Steven Wayne Owen, 59, Quincy: Operating while intoxicated with prior, Jan. 4, 3 p.m.
David James Wells, 19, Greencastle: Domestic battery, Jan. 5, 7:37 p.m.
Greencastle Fire Department
Jan. 4, 6:16 p.m.: Carbon monoxide at 3993 S. CR 300N. Nothing found. Cleared 7:05 p.m.
Jan. 4, 7:55 p.m.: Unintentional alarm at 1658 E. CR 225S. Cleared 8:07 p.m.
Jan. 4, 11:08 p.m.: Dispatched to Johnson-Nichols Health Clinic. Disregarded 11:11 p.m.
Jan. 5, 6:10 p.m.: Detector activation at 925 Evensvie. Cleared 6:17 p.m.
Greencastle Police Department
* Dec. 23, 2:39 p.m.: Larry Williamson, 71, Cloverdale was driving a 2010 Dodge Dakota on Washington St. about 100 feet east of Wood St. Amanda Branson, 34, Greencastle, was driving a 1997 Chevrolet Cavalier and rear-ended Williamson's truck. Williamson said he was trying to turn into the Greencastle Veterinary Clinic when Branson hit him. Branson said Williamson stopped abruptly in front of her, causing her to collide with him.
Branson complained of pain to her right hand, but refused medical treatment. She later went to the hospital on her own, where she learned her wrist was broken.
* Dec. 29, 11:09 a.m.: Julia Sweeney, 62, Terre Haute, was northbound on Indiana St. at the intersection of Walnut St. in a 2002 Ford Taurus when she was struck in the side by Jo Reel, 79, Reelsville, in a 2006 Dodge Caravan. Reel said she was stopped at the stop sign on Walnut St. and did not see Sweeney's vehicle due to vehicles parked along the west side of Indiana St. and entered the intersection.
Sweeney vehicle towed by JD Towing. Damage $2,501-$5,000.
* Jan. 4, 3:10 p.m.: Luke Smith, 29, Greencastle, was on Indianapolis Rd. in a 2005 Toyota when he attempted to turn into Wendy's and was rear-ended by Jessica Hagan, 29, Greencastle, in a 1998 Oldsmobile. Hagan said she attempted to pick something up off the floorboard. When she looked up, Smith's vehicle was stopped in front of her. She swerved to avoid the collision, but was unable. She said she did not see any turn signals on Smith's vehicle.
* Jan. 5, 12:56 p.m.: Tony Cox Jr., 70, Greencastle, was stopped at the stop light of Indianapolis Rd. and Veteran's Highway in a 1998 Jeep when he was struck in the rear by the 1993 Honda driven by James Ball, 59, Rockville. Ball said he was looking up at the light and it was green, so he continued going straight in traffic. He then struck Cox's vehicle.
The following tickets have been issued by GPD:
Dec. 31, 3:05 a.m., Indianapolis Rd.: Joshua Weller, 28, Greencastle, 44 in a 30.
Jan. 1, 8:35 p.m., SR 240E: Jordan Nichols, 22, Coatesville, driving while suspended.
Jan. 3, 8:35 p.m., Jackson St.: Jon Becker, 51, Greencastle, expired trailer plate.
Jan. 4, 12:10 a.m., Indianapolis Rd.: Clinton Rivers, 20, Bloomington, disregarding automatic signal.
Information included in the Putnam Scanner is taken from reports provided to the Banner Graphic by the Putnam County Sheriff's Department, Greencastle Police Department and Greencastle Fire Department.
Individuals listed in the blotter have been arrested on probable cause and have not been formally charged. Charging information may change after an initial arrest.
Questions about listed charging information should be directed to the arresting agency.