Putnam Count Sheriff's Department
* Jan. 6, 3:06 p.m.: Steve H. Buchanan, 53, Rockville, was eastbound on U.S. 36 in a 2004 Buick Rainier when he lost control in a left turn, going into a yard and flipping several times and coming to ruse upside down.
Buchanan was ejected and suffered possible internal injuries to the abdomen and pelvis area and was transported by Operation Life.
Towed by Kenny's. Damage $5,001-$10,000.
* Jan. 7, 12:10 p.m.: Dillard A. Crabtree, 60, Indianapolis, was eastbound on I-70 when his 2002 Ford F150 and trailer began to slide on the snow, causing him to lose control and run off the road. Michael R. Eakins, 55, Flat Rock, Ill., was following Crabtree in a 1988 Buick Reatta and observed him lose traction on the snow. Eakins tried to slow and also began sliding, losing control and going off the road.
Both vehicles towed by Steele's. Damage $10,001-$25,000.
* Jan. 7, 12:22 p.m.: Sharon K. Carney, 55, Cloverdale was making a right turn off U.S. 231 and onto SR 42 in a 2000 Chevrolet Malibu. She lost control due to ice and snow, causing her to hit the curb.
Towed by Steele's. Damage $1,001-$2,500.
* Jan. 7, 12:53 p.m.: Jennifer L. Nash, 46, Cloverdale, was northbound on Lazy River Rd. in a 1999 Oldsmobile Alero. She approached a curve and lost control, striking the 2002 Chevrolet Cavalier driven southbound by Chidy L. Fisher, 57, Cloverdale.
Nash complained of chest pain. Fisher complain of lower leg pain.
Both vehicles towed by Belle Union Towing. Damage $10,001-$25,000.
* Jan. 7, 4:28 p.m.: Alicia Brankel, 42, Greencastle, was westbound on CR 550S in a 2000 Ford Taurus when she slid off the road while rounding a corner.
* Jan. 7, 6:46 p.m.: Claude J. Jackson, 69, Brownsburg, was eastbound on U.S. 36 in a 2000 Chrysler 300M when he hit a deer.
* Jan. 7, 7:59 p.m.: Jeremy R. Maynor, 38, Cloverdale, was on CR 300N in a 2009 Toyota Camry when he lost control rounding a corner in slick road conditions. The car slid off the roadway and struck a tree in a yard.
Towed by Seniour's. Damage $5,001-$10,000.
* Jan. 8, 10:04 a.m.: Glen W. Oney, 69, Greencastle, was on Rangeline Rd. in a 2005 Toyota Sienna when he lost control due to snwo and hit a mailbox and phone junction box.
Towed by Seniour's. Damage $2,501-$5,000.
* Jan. 8, 6:37 p.m.: Charles C. Cooksey, 43, Greencastle, was westbound on U.S. 36 in a 2002 Chevrolet Malibu when a deer ran from a field on the south side and hit the driver's side front fender. Cooksey was unable to open his door.
Putnam County Jail
William Russell Knapp, 29, Greencastle: Operating while intoxicated, Jan. 9, 4:14 a.m.
Max Morphew, 39, no city listed: Assault, Jan. 8, 6:35 p.m.
Greencastle Fire Department
Jan. 7, 5:11 p.m.: Alarm at 18 E. Hanna St. Malfunctioning pressure switch was found. Cleared 5:37 p.m.
Jan. 7, 10:14 p.m.: Investigated possible chimney collapse at 437 Anderson St. There was no collapse; subject had put out a fire with a dry chemical extinguisher and didn't tell roommate. Cleared 10:32 p.m.
Jan. 7, 11:33 p.m.: Smoke scare at Washington St. and Stadium Dr. Outside wood burner was the problem. Cleared 11:43 p.m.
Jan. 8, 11:27 a.m.: Lift assist at 139 Woodhaven Dr. Cleared 11:41 a.m.
Jan. 8, 3:04 p.m.: Alarm at 110 E. Larabee St. caused by burning incense. Cleared 3:14 p.m.
Jan. 9, 1:59 am.: Medical assist at 1157 Avenue D. Cleared 2:23 a.m.
Jan. 9, 6:59 a.m.: Vehicle fire at SR 240 and Percy Julian Dr. Already out upon arrival. Cleared 7:11 a.m.
Jan. 9, 1:14 p.m.: Carbon monoxide investigation 928 Evensview. Cleared 1:45 p.m.
Jan. 9, 3:33 p.m.: Motor vehicle accident at Washington St. and 10th St., cleaning up fluids. Cleared 3:52 p.m.
Jan. 9, 7:11 p.m.: Alarm due to cooking at 109 W. Hanna St. Cleared 7:16 p.m.
Jan. 9, 9:42 p.m.: Carbon monoxide investigation at 809 Sherwood Dr.
Jan. 10, 2:27 a.m.: Alarm at to 2200 East SR 240 due to technical difficulty. Cleared 2:56 a.m.
Jan. 10, 12:47 p.m.: Medical assist at 300 S. Warren St. Cleared 1:15 p.m.
Jan. 10, 8:46 p.m.: Smoke investigation at 5 East St. Occupant was cleaning stove. Cleared 9:03 p.m.
Jan. 11, 11:27 a.m.: Mutual aid with Floyd Township for structure fire on CR 600N. Cleared 1:11 p.m.
Jan. 11, 12:55 p.m.: Alarm at 413 S. Locust St. Disregarded en route 1:03 p.m.
Greencastle Police Department
* Dec. 7, 4:29 p.m.: A 2010 Dodge Charger owned by the Putnam County Sheriff's Department was parked in the driveway of 101 Autumn Glen Dr. facing north on an incline. The deputy said the vehicle was in park with the emergency brake on, but it began sliding down the driveway and across Autumn Glenn Dr. It struck a 2006 Chevrolet Silverado owned by Kevin Drongacs as well as a brick trash container.
* Dec. 9, 3:30 p.m.: Brian A. Frye, 45, Bainbridge, was stopped in traffic at the intersection of Indianapolis Rd. and Round Barn Rd. in a 1996 Ford F150 when he was rear-ended by Jeffrey A. Sweet, 44, Greencastle, in a 1988 Ford Bronco II. Sweet said all he remembered about the accident was that he misjudged the stopping distance, which resulted in the collision.
Sweet was advised of the charge of inhaling a toxic vapor being sent to the prosecutor's office.
Sweet's vehicle towed by Jerry's. Damage $1,001-$2,500.
The following tickets have been issued:
Jan. 6, 8:45 p.m., Fillmore Rd.: Mark A. French, 55, Greencastle, 55 in a 30.
Jan. 6, 8:45 p.m., Filllmore Rd.: Crystal Lockaby, 29, Greencastle, driving while suspended.
Information included in the Putnam Scanner is taken from reports provided to the Banner Graphic by the Putnam County Sheriff's Department, Greencastle Police Department and Greencastle Fire Department.
Individuals listed in the blotter have been arrested on probable cause and have not been formally charged. Charging information may change after an initial arrest.
Questions about listed charging information should be directed to the arresting agency.