Putnam County Sheriff's Department
* Feb. 3, 4:46 p.m.: Lawrence M. Fox II, 30, Whitestown, was eastbound on I-70 in a 2000 Toyota Camry when he came over a hill crest and hit a patch of ice. His vehicle was hit by a white full-sized van that continued east and was not found. Fox was forced into the woods in the median.
Curtis Wrecker pulled the car back onto the highway. Damage $2,501-$5,000.
* Feb. 4, 12:20 p.m.: Samantha R. Kuchler, 20, Greencastle, was westbound on CR 100N in a 2010 Chevrolet Cobalt when she lost control on the ice and began to slide.
Towed by Seniour's. Damage $10,001-$25,000.
* Feb. 4, 4:46 p.m.: Jordan N. Nicholson, 20, Indianapolis, was eastbound on I-70 in a 1998 Plymouth Neon when she came over a hill crest and lost control on ice while trying to slow for a white box truck. The vehicle slid under a semi trailer and into the median.
Pulled back onto highway by Jerry's. Damage $1,001-$2,500.
* Feb. 5, 12:58 a.m.: Austin M. Mudd, 20, Mooresville, was driving up the head to Boone Hutcheson Cemetery in a 2008 Dodge Magnum. He made it up the hill and made the turn to come back down when his car began to slide out of control and came to rest facing the opposite direction against a fence.
* Feb. 5:55 a.m.: Terrance D. Reese, 22, Indianapolis, was eastbound on I-70 in a 1998 Lincoln LS when he lost control on ice, left the roaday and overturned into the embankment.
Towed by Steele's. Damage $5,001-$10,000.
* Feb. 5, 7:45 a.m.: Tomeeka Gross, 34, Bainbridge, was eastbound on U.S. 36 ina 2005 Suzuki XL7 when she hit a deer.
* Feb. 5, 8:11 a.m.: Leslie J. Neville, 52, Brazil, was westbound on U.S. 40 just past Reelsville in a 2003 Chevrolet Cavalier when she lost control on ice. The vehicle slid into the guardrail on the north side of the road, causing it to spin around and hit the guardrail with the back end, leaving it facing east in the westbound lane.
Towed by Seniour's. Damage $2,501-$5,000.
* Feb. 6, 7:27 a.m.: Kevin L. Kennedy, 52, Cayuga, was drivng on the parking lot of a fishing ramp at Van Bibber Lake to go fishing when his 2005 Chevrolet Silverado began sliding on ice and backed into a shelter pole.
Towed by Steele's. Damage $2,501-$5,000.
* Feb. 6, 12:22 p.m.: Dodie Scherb, 32, Fillmore, was eastbound on CR 50N just east of CR 300E ina 2007 Chevrolet Malibu when she lost control due to ice. The car left the north side of the road and struck an embankment, damaging the undercarriage.
Towed by Putnamville Collision. Damage $1,001-$2,500.
* Feb. 6, 6:25 p.m.: Bryan Pair, 35, Brazil, was westbound on U.S. 40 just east of CR 800W in a 2006 Pontiac when he hit a deer.
* Feb. 7, 9:22 a.m.: Kevin M. Crowley, 51, Cincinnati, was eastbound on I-70 in a 1998 Subaru Outback following a white semi with a cargo trailer. Crowley said he entered the left lane to pass the semi, and as he was alongside the trailer, it drove into the left lane and into the side of his vehicle. Crowley said he swerved left and honked, but could not avoid the collision. On impact, Crowley lost control, sliding across the median and both westbound lanes and off the north side of the road. The semi continued eastbound, failing to stop.
Indiana State Police received a report from an unknown witness describing the truck and trailer and giving the trailer plate number as 27386, with an unknown state and expiration date.
Crowley had cuts from broken glass, but refused medical treatment from Operation Life. Cloverdale Township Fire Department personnel assisted at the scene.
Towed by Steele's. Damage $5,001-$10,000.
* Feb. 7, 9:25 a.m.: Christy L. Schmeckbier, 32, Greencastle, was eastbound on CR 125S in a 2007 Honda Odyssey when she slowed for a curve. She lost control and slid into the westbound 1999 Dodge Ram driven by Shawn Pingleton, 30, Greencastle.
Both towed by Jerry's. Damage $2,501-$5,000.
* Feb. 7, 1:50 p.m.: Brian P. Stevens, 39, Cloverdale, was eastbound on CR 700S in a 2006 Ford Focus when he approached the westbound 1998 Buick driven by Rebecca Shank, 41, Camby. Steves lost control of his car on the icy road and struck Shank's car in the left rear wheel area.
CR 700S had not been treated and had 3- and 4-inch ruts which made the road only passable by one vehicle.
Shank complained of lower leg pain and was treated.
Shank's car towed by Belle Union Body Shop. Damage $2,501-$5,000.
* Feb. 7, 2:57 p.m.: Anderson S. Douglas, 67, Cloverdale, was stopped on U.S. 231 in Cloverdale in a 2003 Chevrolet Silverado attempting to turn left when Scott A. Mayhew Jr., 20, Quincy, driving a 1993 Buick, hit the right rear of his truck.
Both towed by Steele's. Damage $2,501-$5,000.
* Feb. 8, 6:50 a.m.: Stacy L. Bonita, 45, Quincy, was northbound on CR 500E in a 2007 Chevrolet Trailblazer when she lost control due to ruts in the ice. The SUV spun around and left the Westside of the road, where the right rear struck a pine tree.
Putnam County Jail
Lori Ann Archer, 46, Terre Haute: Probation violation, Feb. 8, 6:30 p.m.
Robert Allen VanSickle, 38, Greencastle: Contempt of court, Feb. 8, 3:32 p.m.
Greencastle Fire Department
Due to more than 100 runs in response to last week's winter storm. All storm-related runs are omitted due to their redundant nature. Any runs not related to the storm are reported, as well as those after storm response had passed.
Feb. 6, 9:25 a.m.: Alarm at 1110 S. College Ave. Disregarded en route by homeowner 9:28 a.m.
Feb. 6, 11:19 a.m.: Medical assist at 309 W. Jacob St. Cleared 11:45 a.m.
Feb. 6, 3 p.m.: Alarm due to cooking at Little Rock Apartments, 106 S. Spring St. Cleared 3:07 p.m.
Feb. 7, 11:26 a.m.: Medical assist at 332 N. Arlington St. Cleared 12:05 p.m.
Feb. 7, 5:32 p.m.: Kitchen fire at 304 N. Vine St. A pan on the stove caught fire, but was out on arrival. Cleared 5:51 p.m.
Feb. 8, 5:29 a.m.: Dispatched to assist Floyd Township on accident with entrapment at intersection of CR 200N and CR 825E. Disregarded en route 5:37 a.m.
Feb. 8, 9:43 a.m.: Dryer fire at Putnam County Hospital, 1542 S. Bloomington St. Fire extended into ductwork. Cleared 12:31 p.m.
Feb. 8, 11:58 a.m.: Medical assist at 511 Elmleaf. Cleared 12:31 p.m.
Feb. 8, 3:01 p.m.: Alarm at 301 E. Seminary St. Disregarded 3:02 p.m.
Greencastle Police Department
* Feb. 8, 1:57 p.m.: As Jared Bathwell, 20, Greencastle, pulled into the parking lot at 1285 S. Jackson St. in a 1997 Toyota Camry, he slid into a 1998 Ford Ranger owned by Jerry and Sharon Sheldon, Greencastle.
The following tickets were issued by GPD:
Feb. 4, 11 p.m., Bloomington and Hanna streets: Dakota Carpenter, 18, Greencastle, no operator's license.
Feb. 7, 10:55 p.m., Bloomington St.: Dustin Healey, 20, Clayton, no headlights when required.
Information included in the Putnam Scanner is taken from reports provided to the Banner Graphic by the Putnam County Sheriff's Department, Greencastle Police Department and Greencastle Fire Department.
Individuals listed in the blotter have been arrested on probable cause and have not been formally charged. Charging information may change after an initial arrest.
Questions about listed charging information should be directed to the arresting agency.