Putnam County Sheriff's Department
* Feb. 7, 10:50 a.m.: Mathew Nickle, 30, Rockville, was southbound on U.S. 231 in the area of Edgelea Dr. in a 2003 Ford Taurus. Nickle said he was behind several vehicles when the lead vehicle suddenly stopped to turn onto Edgelea Dr. He veered to the right to avoid a collision, traveling off the road and striking a mailbox.
* Feb. 7, 1:35 p.m.: Jonathan Good, 16, Greencastle, was northbound on U.S. 231 in the area of Edgelea Dr. in a 1999 Nissan Sentra. Good was trying to pass three cars on the left, unaware that the lead vehicle, a 2005 Chevrolet Trailblazer driven by Dorothy Wells, 55, Greencastle, was turning left into Bouslog Insurance Company. Good's vehicle struck Wells' vehicle in the driver's side rear tire area.
* Feb. 8, 6:15 a.m.: Richard Langdon, 38, Reelsville, was westbound on U.S. 40 just west of CR 525W in a 2007 Kia Spectra when he hit a deer.
* Feb. 9, 4:15 a.m.: John Chybowski, 57, Cloverdale, was eastbound on CR 1000S just west of Stardust Way in a 2003 Ford Ranger when he lost control of the truck for unknown reasons. He left the north side of the road, striking a fence.
* Feb. 9, 6:50 a.m.: Carlos Shrewsberry, 61, Greencastle, was northbound on U.S. 231 just south of U.S. 36 in a 2006 Ford Firestar when he hit a deer.
* Feb. 9, 7:35 a.m.: Monica Smoot, 41, Reelsville, was northbound on CR 300W just south of CR 1075S in a 1997 Pontiac Grand Prix when she lost control on ice and traveled into a ditch on the west side. Tyler Williams, 18, Reelsville, was following Smoot in a 2000 Chevrolet Silverado. He braked and veered into the east ditch to avoid the collision, but was unable.
* Feb. 10, 10:31 p.m.: Kevin W. Brickert, 30, Greencastle, was northbound on CR 300E in a 2003 Chevrolet Impala when he began sliding on ice. The vehicle hit a mailbox and went down an embankment before coming to rest facing south.
Towed by Seniour's. Damage $1,001-$2,500.
Putnam County Jail
Andrew Albertson, 37, Greenwood: Driving while suspended, Feb. 10, 3:10 p.m.
Robert Ray Campbell, 32, Indianapolis: Nonsupport of a dependent, probation violation, Feb. 10, 12:58 p.m.
Jeffrey Hill, 53, Indianapolis: Failure to appear: Feb. 10, 1:30 p.m.
Andrew Allen O'Neal, 33, Fillmore: Public intoxication, probation violation, Feb. 10, 4:17 p.m.
Bryan Matthew White, 35, Mooresville: Probation violation, Feb. 10, 3:40 p.m.
Information included in the Putnam Scanner is taken from reports provided to the Banner Graphic by the Putnam County Sheriff's Department, Greencastle Police Department and Greencastle Fire Department.
Individuals listed in the blotter have been arrested on probable cause and have not been formally charged. Charging information may change after an initial arrest.
Questions about listed charging information should be directed to the arresting agency.