On Saturday, DePauw University freshman Marshall Mathew, 19, Paradise Valley, Ariz., was found dead in Fenwick Park, near the Putnam County Jail. Officers from the Putnam County Sheriff's Department and Greencastle Police Department responded to the call.
Mathew had apparently taken his own life. No further details have been released.
* May 6, 8:30 a.m.: Betty J. Allee, 75, Reelsville, was westbound on U.S. 40 in a 1995 Buick Century. She said she did not see the eastbound 2006 Jeep Liberty driven by Jessica N. Saucerman, 28, Reelsville, and crossed the median. Saucerman tried to avoid Allee's vehicle, but the two vehicles hit head on.
* May 6, 9:30 a.m.: Rachel M. Fulton, 21, Greencastle, was northbound on CR 100E in a 2002 Ford Mustang and hit potholes in the road, losing control and hitting a fence.
* May 14, 4;42 p.m.: Courtney N. McDonald, 19, Cloverdale, was southbound on CR 800 E in a 1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse and could not stop for a right turn. She slid into a 2006 Chevrolet Trailblazer driven by Michael Garver, 26, Coatesville. Garver's vehicle went off the road and into a ditch.
* May 15, 2:34 a.m.: Tyler L. Allen, 19, Carlisle, was westbound on I-70 in a 1999 Ford F250 when he tried to use his cell phone. The truck veered right and struck a guardrail end head on.
Allen tried to move the truck and got stuck in the ditch facing northbound.
He said he had not been wearing a seatbelt but refused medical treatment.
Allen tested .13 blood alcohol content on the portable breath teast and then .16 on the certified test. He was booked in the Putnam County Jail at 3:55 a.m. on charges of operating while intoxicated, minor consumption, possession of marijuana and possession of paraphernalia.
* May 15, 1:10 p.m.: Brittany N. Kammerer, 21, Brazil, was eastbound on CR 75S in a 2002 Saturn LS1 and didn't know the road well. She came over a hillcrest approaching a curve and lost control, hitting an embankment and rolling several times.
Colton Thomas Croan, 21, Fillmore: Operating while intoxicated, May 14, 12:01 a.m.
Mark Anthony Dailey, 28, Bainbridge: Public intoxication, disorderly conduct disturbing the peace, domestic battery, battery with bodily waste, May 15, 5:30 a.m.
Joshua Lee Doane, 28, Poland: Probation violation, May 13, 11:08 p.m.
Tim James Donnelly, 29, Crawfordsville: Failure to appear, May 14, 9:38 p.m.
Michael Kent Hanlon, 49, Greencastle: Habitual traffic violator, operating while intoxicated, public intoxication, May 13, 5:57 p.m.
Kristopher B. Hardy, 28, Greencastle: Probation violation, May 13, 4:04 p.m.
Jerry Lynn McKinney, 30, Linton: Habitual traffic violator, May 14, 5:30 a.m.
Michael O'Conner, 32, Greencastle: Battery, sexual battery, criminal recklessness with a deadly weapon, intimidation, resisting law enforcement, possession of a controlled substance, May 14, 6:29 p.m.
Bridget Marie Schouest, 30, Bainbridge: Public intoxication, disorderly conduct, May 15, 8:58 p.m.
William Carl Winsemann, 37, Greencastle: Operating while intoxicated, driving with a suspended license, May 14, 3:30 a.m.
Information included in the Putnam Scanner is taken from reports provided to the Banner Graphic by the Greencastle Police, the Greencastle Fire and the Putnam County Sheriff's departments.
Individuals listed in the blotter have been arrested on probable cause and have not been formally charged. Charging information may change after an initial arrest.
Questions about listed charging information should be directed to the arresting agency.