Police scanner for June 15
Four recent alcohol-related arrests were reported by Greencastle City Police.
-- At 2:42 a.m. Sunday, Zachary Hayman, 46, Cloverdale, was arrested on South Jackson Street by Capt. Charles Inman.
Hayman, who was lodged in the Putnam County Jail, faces charges of operating a motor vehicle while intoxicated, public intoxication, possession of marijuana, possession of paraphernalia and possession of a syringe. No blood-alcohol information was available.
-- At midnight Sunday, Cody S. Sims, 25, Fillmore, was arrested by Reserve Officer Heath Smiley for public intoxication in the parking lot at Wal-Mart. Sims was lodged in the Putnam County Jail. No blood-alcohol information was available.
-- At 9:49 pm. Sunday, Monice Buis, 46, Greencastle, was stopped in the 400 block of East Hanna Street and charged with operating a motor vehicle while intoxicated. She was taken to Putnam County Hospital, Officer Eric Vaughan reported. Buis registered a blood-alcohol content of .151 percent.
-- At 2:17 a.m. Saturday, Caleb Trinkle, 27, Cloverdale, was arrested for public intoxication on South Jackson Street by Reserve Officer Smiley. No blood-alcohol information was available.
Two recent traffic citations were issued by city officers.
-- At 8:45 p.m. Sunday, Matthew King, 27, Greencastle, was cited at Tennessee Street and State Road 240 by Officer Vaughan for having no registration plate.
-- At 11 a.m. June 9, Rachel Winters, 18, Greencastle, was ticketed by Officer Darrel Bunten for disregarding a stopsign at Fifth Street and Avenue B.
* June 7, 2:50 p.m.: William L. Hislop, 83, Coatesville, was northbound on Heritage Drive in Patriots Landing in a 2000 Mercedes Benz. His car crossed the center line and continued to the west side of the road, coming to rest in a ditch.
Hyslop said he must have fallen asleep. The car was still in drive and running when the officer arrived.
* June 10, 11:30 p.m.: Jesse W. Hinshaw, 18, Paragon, was eastbound on CR 325 South in a 1994 Mitsubishi Eclipse when he missed a curve and struck a tree. There were 152 feet of skid marks leading to the vehicle.
Hinshaw said he was driving the vehicle but could not remember what happened.
He was taken to Putnam County Hospital by Operation Life.
* June 11, 12:45 a.m.: Thomas P. Hamilton, 32, Greencastle, was southbound on U.S. 231 in a 2001 Dodge Ram. A rain storm with strong winds blew down several trees in front of the truck, so Hamilton hit the brakes and came to a stop as a tree landed across the front end of the truck.
The fallen tree caused extensive front end damage.
The two adults and three children were assisted by medical personnel but refused to transport to the hospital.
* June 11, 1:34 p.m.: Joann Balyeat, 77, Cloverdale, was northbound on U.S. 231 going through the intersection at CR 900 South in a 2003 Jeep. Kay Olry, 49, Cloverdale, was northbound and attempting to turn east onto 900 South in a 2003 Saturn Vue. Olry turned in front of Balyeat and was struck in the passenger side.
* June 11, 2:53 p.m.: John M. Drake, 54, Terre Haute, was eastbound on U.S. 40 at CR 325 West on a 2010 Harley Davidson motorcycle. For an unknown reason, he lost control of the cycle and skidded in the driving lane. Drake came to rest in the ditch south of the road, and the cycle remained in the road.
A westbound witness said there were no other vehicles around at the time of the accident.
Drake was transported to the hospital by Operation Life with severe head bleeding.
Dylan Lowell Brown, 33, Indianapolis: Public intoxication, disorderly conduct disturbing the peace, June 11, 5:02 a.m.
Christopher Allen Catlett, 40, Indianapolis: Failure to appear, June 12, 10:30 a.m.
Shawn Eberwein, 35, Indianapolis: Public intoxication, disorderly conduct disturbing the peace, June 11, 4:32 a.m.
Laura L. Feltner, 56, Fillmore: Public intoxication, disorderly conduct disturbing the peace, June 11, 4:09 a.m.
Ryan Paul Minor, 25, Greencastle: Operating while intoxicated, public intoxication, June 11, 1:40 a.m.
June 11, 1:45 a.m.: Responded to a limb on power lines at 404 Columbia St. Cleared 2:24 a.m.
June 11, 6:24 p.m.: Motor vehicle accident with injury at Walnut and Arlington streets. Cleared 7 p.m.
June 12, 12:09 p.m.: Small brush fire at 1436 Willow Bend Dr. Cleared 12:20 p.m.
June 12, 1:43 p.m.: Medical assist at 29 Putnam Plaza. Cleared 1:51 p.m.
June 13, 11:59 a.m.: Medical assist at 318 S. Madison St. Cleared 12:35 p.m.
June 13, 8:41 p.m.; Medical assist at Veterans Highway and Bloomington St. Cleared 8:54 p.m.
June 14, 3:15 p.m.: Fluid cleanup at 1019 Indianapolis Rd. Cleared 3:49 p.m.
Information included in the Putnam Scanner is taken from reports provided to the Banner Graphic by the Greencastle Police, the Greencastle Fire and the Putnam County Sheriff's departments.
Individuals listed in the blotter have been arrested on probable cause and have not been formally charged. Charging information may change after an initial arrest.
Questions about listed charging information should be directed to the arresting agency.