The Greencastle School Board honored 10 retiring staff members at Monday's monthly meeting.
Each retiree was presented with a plaque and a gold card good for admission to any Greencastle school event for life.
Those honored were Mike Van Rensselaer, 35 years; Anne Graham, 33 years; Carolyn Ruark, 29 years; Kathy Custis, 28 years; Anna Robins, 26 years; Bob Hedge, 19 years; Dan TeGrotenhuis, 16 years; Deb Fenoglio, 16 years; Bob Green, nine years; and Jill Green, nine years.
With the departure of Bob Green as superintendent on June 30 and new superintendent Lori Richmond's unavailability until July 10, the board appointed Dawn Puckett interim superintendent for the 10-day period.
The board also approved a job-sharing plan for two Deer Meadow kindergarten teachers. Lacy Newlin and Melissa Ames will teach a single class next year, working alternating days.
The move will not cost the school extra money, with each teacher earning only half pay and having only half her benefits paid.
Some questions arose regarding seniority and years of service for teachers working only part time.
The motioned passed 3-2, with Kelly Lewis and Todd Sutherlin voting against it.
The board approved 69 other personnel items:
* Retirement: Nancy Marlow as corporation treasurer.
* Resignations: Jessica "Shelly" Smith as elementary media specialist, Abby Wolfe as eighth-grade language arts teachers, Virginia Green as Tzouanakis RTI instructional assistant, Pam Sidebottom at Ridpath RTI instructional assistant, Shirley Clark as McAnally head custodian, Bethany Ford as Deer Meadow cafeteria assistant, Christy Williams as instructional assistant for summer KIDS program.
* Hirings: John Strube as Tzouanakis principal, Molly Warren as GMS special education teacher, Nicole Smith as Tzouanakis special education teacher, Beth Anderson as instructional assistant for summer KIDS program, Brittany Labhart as GMS computer education teacher, Cecil Perkins and Lucas Moore as custodians, Kyla Scheuermann as Tzouanakis RTI instructional assistant, Ben Wells as GMS social studies teacher, Lindsey McAdams as pre-school/Title I teacher.
* Termination: Amanda Woods as Deer Meadow instructional assistant.
* Transfers: Kari Schimpf to full-time developmental pre-school teacher at Deer Meadow, Polly Shuee from elementary nurse to secondary school nurse, Emily Johnson from grade 3 to grade 4, Cami Hopper from grade 2 at Deer Meadow to grade 3 at Tzouanakis
* Appointments: Sharon Hoskins as Tzouanakis website developer, Jenny Owens Cripe as Ridpath website developer, Patricia Lowe as supervisor of elementary intramural activities and Saturday basketball, Janice Heavin as Deer Meadow website developer.
* Extra-curriculars: Terri Collins resignation as GHS Pep Club sponsor; Jenny Owens Cripe resignation as Ridpath student council sponsor; Troy Greenlee appointed GHS boys' varsity basketball coach; Brad Key appointed GHS girls' varsity basketball coach; Doug Hudson appointed as GHS boys' assistant coach; Matt Welker hired as GHS girls' basketball assistant lay coach; Jason Fox hired as GHS boys' basketball freshman lay coach; Bryan Gerard approved as GHS boys' basketball volunteer; Craig Callahan appointed GHS boys' cross country coach and girls' basketball volunteer; Bruce Cook and Mike Chadd approved as GHS girls' basketball volunteers.
Other extra-curriculars: Travis Nicholson and John Perkins hired as GHS football assistant lay coaches; Christine Klinger hired as GHS diving lay coach; Brad Kingma appointed GHS girls' golf coach; Matt McComish appointed GHS and GMS wrestling coach and resignation as strength coach; Logan Kuhne appointed GHS and GMS assistant wrestling coach and GHS boys' cross country volunteer; Chris Hudson approved as GHS wrestling volunteer and GHS volleyball volunteer.
Other extra-curriculars: Laura McMaster approved as GHS girls' track volunteer; Elizabeth Spencer appointed GHS varsity volleyball coach; Sarah Harbison and Millie Brabham hired as volleyball assistant lay coaches; Mark Lewis hired as eighth-grade boys' basketball coach; Jana Boggess appointed girls' eighth-grade basketball coach; Ali Anderson appointed girls' seventh-grade basketball coach; Scott Wilkerson and Rob York approved as eighth-grade boys' basketball volunteer.
Other extra-curriculars: Denis Meyer and Jane Roberson appointed GMS volleyball coaches; Art Dwigans hired as GMS cross country lay coach; Miranda Patterson approved as GMS cheerleading volunteer; Jared Duff, resignation as GMS football coach; Kyle Gibbons, Arlie Mitchell and Brian Bridgewater hired as freshman football lay coaches; David Brooks approved as GHS boys' cross country volunteer; Ben Wells appointed GMS football coach.