ROACHDALE -- An apparent electrical fire completely destroyed a newly rented Roachdale home early Tuesday morning.
Shortly after midnight, the Roachdale Fire Department was called to a structure fire at 204 West St.
A neighbor first noted the fire, alerted the home's occupants and got them out safely.
The family, whose name was not provided by fire officials, had just moved into the house on Monday.
Roachdale Fire Chief Mike Poole said the fire was likely electrical in nature, as it started around the electrical box and service had just been re-established to the structure for the new renters.
The structure, which was not insured, is a total loss. Poole said a few of the contents were saved.
Bainbridge and Russellville fire departments, along with PMH and Operation Life ambulance services, assisted at the scene. Greencastle Fire personnel also assisted with Tuesday's investigation.
Personnel were on the scene for more than six hours.