[Nameplate] Mostly Cloudy ~ 52°F  
High: 62°F ~ Low: 56°F
Saturday, Apr. 30, 2016

Tuesday morning fire destroys newly rented Roachdale home

Wednesday, August 3, 2011

ROACHDALE -- An apparent electrical fire completely destroyed a newly rented Roachdale home early Tuesday morning.

Shortly after midnight, the Roachdale Fire Department was called to a structure fire at 204 West St.

A neighbor first noted the fire, alerted the home's occupants and got them out safely.

The family, whose name was not provided by fire officials, had just moved into the house on Monday.

Roachdale Fire Chief Mike Poole said the fire was likely electrical in nature, as it started around the electrical box and service had just been re-established to the structure for the new renters.

The structure, which was not insured, is a total loss. Poole said a few of the contents were saved.

Bainbridge and Russellville fire departments, along with PMH and Operation Life ambulance services, assisted at the scene. Greencastle Fire personnel also assisted with Tuesday's investigation.

Personnel were on the scene for more than six hours.


Comments
Note: The nature of the Internet makes it impractical for our staff to review every comment. If you feel that a comment is offensive, please Login or Create an account first, and then you will be able to flag a comment as objectionable. Please also note that those who post comments on bannergraphic.com may do so using a screen name, which may or may not reflect a website user's actual name. Readers should be careful not to assign comments to real people who may have names similar to screen names. Refrain from obscenity in your comments, and to keep discussions civil, don't say anything in a way your grandmother would be ashamed to read.

Residents of Roachdale feel for this family & would like to help if information could be provided for donations. Many thanks to our outstanding VOLUNTEER Fire Department. Your efforts too often go unnoticed & underappreciated! Bless those of you who spent a sleepless night putting forth your best effort for the community AGAIN!

-- Posted by Rdale Resident on Wed, Aug 3, 2011, at 7:26 PM

the family in this fire can be reached at 765-366-4077 ask for Kristina Curran. Any donations are appricated for this family that are in need of everything. There is 2 children and 2 adults in this family. I would be so grateful for anyone to help my step-daughter and her family. Thank You.

-- Posted by kassey_anders on Thu, Aug 4, 2011, at 4:27 PM


Respond to this story

Posting a comment requires free registration: