Three property-damage accidents were investigated recently by Greencastle City Police officers.
-- At 7:40 a.m. Friday, a two-vehicle mishap occurred at State Road 240 and Warren Drive, Officer Albert Epple reported.
Melissa Stanton, 30, Greencastle, was southbound on Warren Drive, driving a 2005 Dodge Caravan, while Leesa Beaman, 39, Greencastle, was eastbound on 240, turning left when a collision occurred.
Total damage was estimated at $1,000-$2,500.
-- At 6:08 p.m. Thursday, a minor mishap was reported on the parking lot of Buffalo Wild Wings, 1310 Indianapolis Rd.
Officer Darrel Bunten reported that Jeffery Snider, 50, Greencastle, was backing a 1995 Jeep from a parking space when it collided with an unoccupied 2006 Ford Mustang, owned by Cody Heller, Fillmore.
The Heller car was parked two deep behind another vehicle where there was no legal parking space, Bunten noted. As Snider backed his Jeep, it struck the passenger's side door and quarterpanel of the car.
Total damage was listed at $1,000-$2,500.
-- At 3:43 p.m. Thursday, a two-vehicle accident was reported at East Washington and Locust streets.
Officer Bunten reported that Claude Jackson, 49, Greencastle, was westbound on Washington Street, driving a 2004 Ford F150 truck when he was forced to stop because of traffic in front of him just west of Locust.
Also westbound was Bruce A. Mendenhall, 47, Greencastle, driving a 2007 Mitsubishi Outlander, owned by Wayne and Linda Meyer, Arizona. When the Jackson vehicle stopped, Mendenhall swerved but was unable to avoid a collision.
Total damage was estimated at $2,500-$5,000.
* Aug. 24, 7:49 a.m.: Valerie S. Combs, 32, Brazil, was eastbound on U.S. 40 near CR 700 West in a 2006 Chevrolet when she hit a deer.
* Aug. 24, 10:28 p.m.: Yelena Priest, 52, Terre Haute, was westbound on U.S. 40 approaching CR 200 West in a 2001 Toyota Camry. She observed David B. Fulp, 45, Westfield, entering the road from the Putnamville Correctional Facility entrance in a 2008 Chevrolet Suburban.
Priest tried to avoid the collision and left the road on the north side, losing control and hitting a ditch and embankment.
Fulp said he was leaving the prison and crossing U.S. 40 and did not see Priest's car.
* Aug. 25, 1:58 a.m.: Hamad A. Fairouz, 19, Flagstaff, Ariz., was westbound on U.S. 40 in a 2003 Subaru Impreza. He advised he thought something happened to his vehicle. He then lost control and left the road on the north side, hitting a guardrail.
* Aug. 25, 7:35 a.m.: William B. Moore, 41, Cloverdale, was northbound on CR 825 East in a 2004 Honda Element when he hit a deer.
* Aug. 25, 2:11 p.m.: Albert Belcher, 60, Greencastle, was southbound on U.S. 231 in a 1993 Mitsubishi when he fell asleep. He woke up when the vehicle hit a guardrail, causing extensive damage.
Belcher was cited for operating without financial responsibility.
Jacob Thomas Eagan, 19, Indianapolis: Operating while intoxicated, minor in consumption, Aug. 26, 5:10 a.m.
David Andrew Johnson, 42, Greencastle: Probation violation (2 counts), Aug. 24, 9:15 a.m.
Timothy Love, 41, no city listed: Failure to appear, Aug. 25, 9:19 a.m.
Richard James Thomas, 35, Coatesville: Violation of home detention, Aug. 25, 2:29 p.m.
Aug. 24, 10:03 p.m.: Detector activation at 503 S. Jackson St. Cleared 10:16 p.m.
Aug. 26, 9:09 a.m.: Alarm at Humbert Hall, 208 E. Olive St. Cleared 9:24 a.m.
Aug. 26, 11:46 a.m.: Possible gas leak at 1226 Bloomington St. Cleared 12:13 p.m.
Information included in the Putnam Scanner is taken from reports provided to the Banner Graphic by the Greencastle Police, the Greencastle Fire and the Putnam County Sheriff's departments.
Individuals listed in the blotter have been arrested on probable cause and have not been formally charged. Charging information may change after an initial arrest.
Questions about listed charging information should be directed to the arresting agency.