Several people have been booked into the Putnam County Jail recently.
* On Friday, Oct. 7 at 4:30 p.m. Rufus A. Gaston, 24, Greencastle, was housed at the jail for failure to appear.
* On Sunday, Oct. 9 at 12:30 a.m. Jason Lee Sevier, 34, Cloverdale, was housed at the jail for violation of home detention and violating a restraining order.
* At 8:50 p.m. Shirley Rose Bates, 47, Indianapolis, was lodged in the jail for operating while intoxicated.
* On Monday, Oct. 10 at 1:45 a.m. Phillip Bradley Elmore, 52, Quincy, was arrested for operating while intoxicated with a prior conviction.
* At 10:45 a.m. Erica Elaine Hughley, 34, Indianapolis, was booked for failure to appear.
* At 7:46 p.m. Russell Michael Estep, 23, Cloverdale, was arrested for resisting law enforcement.
* At 7:46 p.m. John Paul Maybaum, 23, Cloverdale, was housed at the jail for assisting a criminal.
* At 8:22 p.m. Christopher Lee Dover, 31, Cloverdale, was booked for assisting a criminal.
* At 9:57 p.m. Richard Allen Meneely Jr., 34, Terre Haute, was arrested for battery.
* On Tuesday, Oct. 11 at 6:10 a.m. Joshua Ryan Manning, 25, Cloverdale, was booked in for contempt of court.
Three recent arrests were reported by Greencastle City Police officers.
-- At 2:55 a.m. Sunday, Cody Stallone Sims, 25, Fillmore, was arrested for public intoxication on the Clark gas station lot on East Washington Street.
Arrested by Capt. Charles Inman, Sims was lodged in the Putnam County Jail. No blood-alcohol content information was available.
-- At 10:52 p.m. Saturday, Jeffrey C. Voege, 27, Greencastle, was arrested at Berry and Main streets in the city's South End on a Putnam County warrant for contempt of court/failure to appear.
Arrested by Capt. Inman, Voege was lodged in the Putnam County Jail.
-- At 1:09 a.m. Saturday, Donald L. Dixie, 31, Greencastle, was arrested on Maple Street on a battery charge.
Arrested by Capt. Inman and Officer Eric Vaughan, Dixie was lodged in the Putnam County Jail.
Three recent traffic accidents were investigated by GPD officers.
-- At 8:50 a.m. Monday, Officer Albert Epple investigated a two-vehicle accident at Jackson and Seminary streets.
Susan Wingard, 44, Greencastle, was southbound on Jackson Street, driving a 2002 Mercury Sable, when a 2011 Chevrolet Equinox, driven by Judith Purvis, 63, Greencastle, reportedly pulled into her path from Seminary Street.
Total damage was estimated at $1,000-$2,500.
-- At 8:11 p.m. Sunday, a two-vehicle accident at Percy Julian Drive and Indianapolis Road sent both drivers to Putnam County Hospital with minor injuries.
Officer Jeff Modlin reported that Courtney Miller, 33, Greencastle, was southbound on Percy Julian Drive in a 2008 Volkswagen when Hayden Parrish, 16, Roachdale, reportedly turned a 2000 Ram 1500 pickup in front of her car.
Total damage was estimated at $5,000-$10,000.
Miller suffered minor bleeding and elbow/arm pain, while Parrish sustained minor facial bleeding in the accident.
Parrish was ticketed for having no insurance.
-- At 12:24 p.m. Saturday, a two-vehicle mishap occurred on the parking lot of the Walmart store on Indianapolis Road.
Larry Hall, 38, Cloverdale, was eastbound in a 1999 Chrysler Sebring when Lewis Thomas, 75, Coatesville, reportedly turned left and struck the Hall car with his 2005 Chevrolet Colorado pickup, Sgt. Terry Eastham reported.
Total damage was listed at $2,500-$5,000.
* On Saturday, Oct. 8 at 6:40 a.m. Beth S. Downey, 43, New Richmond, was northbound on U.S. 231 just north of CR 200 North in a 2007 Jeep Commander when she hit a deer.
The animal caused minor damage to the left front of the vehicle and kept running.
* On Tuesday, Oct. 11 at 1:02 a.m. Dustin R. Cox, 28, Greencastle, was eastbound on CR 75 South just east of CR 825 West in a 2001 Dodge when he hit a deer.
* On Monday, Oct. 10 at 5:34 p.m. a passerby on South Jackson Street saw smoke coming from the old Oxford plant and called dispatch.
The Greencastle Fire Department responded to find the crews remodeling the building for Phoenix Closures had been cutting beams and caught some insulation on fire. Cleared 6 p.m.
At 5:55 p.m., GFD responded to an alarm due to cooking at 330 Greenwood Ave. Cleared 6:20 p.m.
At 9:56 p.m. fire personnel investigated a natural gas leak at 301 Longcastle Dr. A vehicle at the residence had backed into a gas line. Cleared 10:40 p.m.
* On Tuesday, Oct. 11 at 3:22 p.m. GFD responded to a lift assist at 1128 Avenue D. Cleared 3:54 p.m.
At 8:41 a.m. personnel responded to an alarm due to cooking at 107 W. Hanna St. Disregarded 8:45 a.m.
Information included in the Putnam Scanner is taken from reports provided to the Banner Graphic by the Greencastle Police, the Greencastle Fire and the Putnam County Sheriff's departments.
Individuals listed in the blotter have been arrested on probable cause and have not been formally charged. Charging information may change after an initial arrest.
Questions about listed charging information should be directed to the arresting agency.