Several people have been booked into the Putnam County Jail recently.
* On Tuesday, Oct. 11 at 12:30 p.m. Larry Wayne Hook Jr., 43, Indianapolis, was arrested for probation violation.
* On Thursday, Oct. 13 at 12:30 a.m. Chalon E. Mackintosh, 30, Sheridan, was booked into the jail for disorderly conduct affray, public intoxication and resisting law enforcement.
At 1:04 a.m. Kimberly Sue Goddard, 23, Poland, was housed at the jail for failure to appear.
At 2:05 a.m., Aron J. Monnett, 27, Greencastle, was booked in for probation violation.
* On Wednesday, Sept. 28 at 4:25 p.m. Sharon King, 69, Greencastle, was backing out of a parking space in the lot at the Greencastle Presbyterian Church in a 1994 Saturn SL2. She backed into a 2004 Chevrolet Pacifica owned by Tricia N. Fulford that was parked behind her.
* On Thursday, Sept. 29 at 5:55 a.m. Thomas Robbins, 36, Spencer, was northbound on U.S. 231 just south of County Road 1200 South in a 2004 Hyundai Accent. He swerved to miss a dog that ran into the road, veering off the road and causing undercarriage damage.
* On Monday, Oct. 3 at 2:35 p.m. Sandra Wiggs, 52, Cloverdale, was stopped on Hospital Drive waiting to pull onto U.S. 231 in a 2004 Honda Accord. Wiggs was stopped behind Donald Wallace, 67, New Goshen, who was driving a 1997 Chevrolet Blazer.
Wiggs said she thought Wallace was pulling onto U.S. 231 and she pulled forward, rear-ending his vehicle.
* On Tuesday, Oct. 11 at 3:47 a.m. James A. Leonard, 34, Charleston, was westbound on U.S. 36 at County Road 775 West in a 2000 Chevrolet S10 when he hit a deer. Damage $2,501-$5,000.
* On Wednesday, Oct. 12 at 3:45 p.m. Nicholas A. Schlueter, 30, St. Louis, was westbound on I-70 near the 48-mile marker in a 2006 Pontiac Vibe. Brian L. Stayte, 38, Cloverdale, was behind Schlauter in a 2000 Chevrolet Venture. Ronald L. Blackburn Jr., 29, Indianapolis, was the third vehicle in line in a 1993 Ford Aero Max L9000 tractor-trailer.
Both Schlueter and Stayte said they were slowing to a stop due to the lane being restricted by construction. Blackburn then rear-ended Stayte's vehicle, forcing it into Schlueter's car.
One minor traffic accident was investigated recently by Greencastle City Police officers.
A two-vehicle mishap occurred at 6:43 p.m. Monday on Tennessee Street, just west of Wood Street, Officer Darrel Bunten reported.
Linda Wallace, 58, Coatesville, was eastbound on Tennessee Street, approaching Wood Street, driving a 2007 Chrysler Town and Country van. Marc Monnett, 60, Greencastle, was southbound on Wood Street and turned his 1999 Chrysler west onto Tennessee.
The vehicles sideswiped each other as they came together on Tennessee Street.
Total damage was estimated at $1,000-$2,500.
* On Tuesday, Oct. 11 at 4:06 p.m. the Greencastle Fire Department responded to a medical run at 1215 E. CR 235 South. Cleared 4:40 p.m.
* On Wednesday, Oct. 12 at 6:57 p.m. GFD personnel responded to an animal rescue call at 121 Frazier St.
A cat had one of its rear paws stuck in the drain of a kitchen sink. Fire personnel cut the drain around the paw to free the animal.
Cleared 7:12 p.m.
At 7:10 p.m. GFD was dispatched to an alarm at 420 Anderson St. but was disregarded en route at 7:13 p.m.
At 8:46 p.m. a crew responded to a lift assist at 139 Woodhaven Dr. Cleared 8:57 p.m.
At 9:04 p.m. GFD responded to an alarm at 107 W. Hanna St. Cleared 9:15 p.m.
* On Thursday, Oct. 13 at 8:54 a.m. GFD was dispatched to a lift assist at 805 Crescent Dr. Cleared 9:35 a.m.
Information included in the Putnam Scanner is taken from reports provided to the Banner Graphic by the Greencastle Police, the Greencastle Fire and the Putnam County Sheriff's departments.
Individuals listed in the blotter have been arrested on probable cause and have not been formally charged. Charging information may change after an initial arrest.
Questions about listed charging information should be directed to the arresting agency.