* On Thursday, Oct. 13 at 5:05 a.m. William J. Bauman, 51, Roachdale, was eastbound on County Road 900 North in a 1996 Jeep Grand Cherokee. Bauman lost control of his vehicle and tried to drive off in a field. Instead, he crossed the center line and struck a westbound 1995 Ford Ranger driven by Trevor E. Perrault, 26, Roachdale.
Deputy T.J. Smith said it appeared Bauman was driving too fast for road conditions.
* On Oct. 13 at 9:10 p.m. Karla K. Sergo, 49, Greenwood, was westbound on Old Right-of-Way Road in a 2001 Ford Mustang when her wheels drifted off the road and she was sucked into the ditch and into a fence.
* On Oct. 13 at 11:32 p.m. Timonty W. Ferguson, 50, Roachdale, was eastbound on State Road 236 in a 2006 Buick Rendezvous when he fell asleep at the wheel. The vehicle left the road on the south side striking a tree in a deep, earthen embankment.
The vehicle continued off the road, through a fence and rolled over before coming to rest on its tires, partially in a drainage pond.
Ferguson was taken to the hospital by his wife. There was just a scratch or two visible on his forearm but he said his muscles were sore.
* On Friday, Oct. 14 at 12:15 a.m. Kyle A. Carrico, 22, Greencastle, was northbound on County Road 775 East in a 2000 Ford F250. He said he hit a sinkhole , making him lose control and slide across the southbound lane and into the ditch. The vehicle then flipped onto its side, coming to rest in the road.
Four people were booked into the Putnam County Jail recently.
* On Thursday, Oct. 13 at 5:45 p.m. Jana Ann Smith, 19, Cloverdale, was housed at the jail for disorderly conduct.
* On Friday, Oct. 14 at 11:05 a.m. Ty Feightner, 20, no city listed, was booked in for minor in consumption.
At 11:50 a.m. Joshua Cody Stock, 23, Danville, was arrested for theft and being a habitual felony offender.
Information included in the Putnam Scanner is taken from reports provided to the Banner Graphic by the Greencastle Police, the Greencastle Fire and the Putnam County Sheriff's departments.
Individuals listed in the blotter have been arrested on probable cause and have not been formally charged. Charging information may change after an initial arrest.
Questions about listed charging information should be directed to the arresting agency.