[Nameplate] A Few Clouds ~ 68°F  
High: 86°F ~ Low: 73°F
Thursday, Aug. 21, 2014

Early morning fire destroys inside of Los Tres Caminos

Saturday, October 29, 2011

(Photo)
An early morning fire Thursday burned through the interior of the Los Tres Caminos restaurant in Cloverdale. The fire is believed to have been started by a light fixture, which created an estimated $30,000 damage.
CLOVERDALE-- An apparent electrical fire completely gutted the inside of the Los Tres Caminos Mexican restaurant located at 1002 N. Main St. in Cloverdale early Friday morning.

The blaze was started in the ceiling most likely due to a light fixture. The fire began around 4 a.m. and was reported from a cell phone by a passer-by. The fire department arrived on the scene around 4:30 and worked till around 8 a.m.

"The guys made a pretty quick knock down," said Kerry Shepherd, chief of Cloverdale Township Volunteer Fire Department. "Most of the damage was in the kitchen, roof, and ceiling areas."

Cloverdale Fire Department had four trucks on the scene with one from Greencastle as well as one from Bainbridge. Operation Life ambulance services also assisted at the scene.

"We had the fire out fairly quickly," said Shepherd. "It can be repaired pretty easy."

There is an estimated $30,000 damage to the structure. As of now owner Herb Bains is making plans of rebuilding the structure in the coming months.

"We are working on it. We lost everything," said Bains. "The ceiling smoke goes everywhere."

Bains has owned the restaurant for the past three years. This is the first incident the owner has had at this establishment. He estimates that the restaurant will be closed anywhere from two to three months.


Comments
Note: The nature of the Internet makes it impractical for our staff to review every comment. If you feel that a comment is offensive, please Login or Create an account first, and then you will be able to flag a comment as objectionable. Please also note that those who post comments on bannergraphic.com may do so using a screen name, which may or may not reflect a website user's actual name. Readers should be careful not to assign comments to real people who may have names similar to screen names. Refrain from obscenity in your comments, and to keep discussions civil, don't say anything in a way your grandmother would be ashamed to read.

"Electrical" fire.

-- Posted by Keyboard_hero on Sat, Oct 29, 2011, at 1:33 AM

How sad, we have been noticing how packed they have been lately. It is (was) our favorite restaraunt around here.

Good luck remodeling it.

-- Posted by Xgamer on Sat, Oct 29, 2011, at 6:23 AM

Yes it was a electrial fire.......

-- Posted by Rescueme on Sun, Oct 30, 2011, at 12:01 AM

Lo siento, Tres Caminos

-- Posted by GRNT on Sun, Oct 30, 2011, at 8:57 AM

Keyboard hero....Name may say it all...it is little comments like that that starts rumors which Cloverdale does not need anymore help in that dept....to the owner I am sorry hope that you can reopen soon.

-- Posted by doseofwhatmatters on Sun, Oct 30, 2011, at 7:29 PM


Respond to this story

Posting a comment requires free registration. If you already have an account on this site, enter your username and password below. Otherwise, click here to register.

Username:

Password:  (Forgot your password?)

Your comments:
Please be respectful of others and try to stay on topic.