Three people were arrested in Cloverdale Sunday, Nov. 6 by the Putnam Sheriff's Department facing preliminary charges of possession of methamphetamine and maintaining a common nuisance.
On Monday, probable cause affidavits were filed in Putnam Circuit Court, with all three subjects facing additional charges.
Daphne Leann Glendy, 22, Cloverdale, was booked into the Putnam County Jail at 1:20 a.m.
Joshua Tyler Ratliff, 20, Danville, was taken into custody at 1:40 a.m.
Glendy and Joshua Ratliff face charges of Class B felony dealing in methamphetamine, Class D felonies possession of methamphetamine and receiving stolen property and Class A misdemeanor possession of paraphernalia.
Sarah J. Ratliff, 21, Cloverdale, was housed at the jail at 2:10 a.m. She is charged with Class B felony dealing in methamphetamine Class D felonies possession of methamphetamine and neglect of a dependent.
A number of other people have been booked into the Putnam County Jail in recent days.
* On Sunday, Nov. 6 at 3 a.m. Samantha Sue Wise, 19, Clayton, was charged with minor in consumption and public intoxication.
At 4:11 p.m. Terry Bryan King, 24, Fillmore, was booked in for domestic battery and intimidation.
At 8:47 p.m. Christopher Scott Carpenter, 42, Iowa Falls, Iowa, was housed at the jail for operating while intoxicated with a prior.
* On Monday, Nov. 7 at 10:05 a.m. Torie Lynn Hayes, 34, Fillmore, was arrested for failure to appear.
Two weekend arrests were reported by Greencastle City Police officers.
-- At 1:05 a.m. Sunday, Jeffrey Scott Barnett, 47, Greencastle, was arrested by Officer Eric Vaughan at 719 E. Washington St. on charges of battery and domestic battery.
Barnett was lodged in the Putnam County Jail at 2 a.m. Sunday.
-- At 11:05 p.m. Saturday, Nathaniel C. Stevens, 52, Lafayette, was arrested on Shadowlawn Avenue by Officer Nick Eastham for operating a motor vehicle while intoxicated.
Stevens tested .16 percent blood-alcohol content after he was stopped for reportedly disregarding the stopsign at Shadowlawn and North College Avenue.
Stevens was lodged in the Putnam County Jail at 11:18 p.m.
Meanwhile, an unusual two-vehicle driverless accident occurred at 10:41 a.m. Saturday on the parking lot at the Putnam County Public Library, 103 E. Poplar St.
A 1991 Buick, owned by Mary McKannon, Princeton, Ind., was parked on the east side of the lot and apparently slipped out of gear and rolled into a parked 2011 Ford SUV, owned by Susan Crodian, Greencastle.
McKannon told Officer Jeff Modlin that her car had recent transmission work.
Total damage was estimated at $1,000-$2,500 in the mishap.
One weekend traffic citation was reported by Greencastle Police.
-- At 12:09 p.m. Sunday, Benjamin Hoffman, 20, Angola, was ticketed by Officer Modlin for disregarding an automatic signal at Percy Julian Drive and Indianapolis Road.
* On Friday, Nov. 4 at 6:50 a.m. Brenda K. Majors, 54, Roachdale, was eastbound on State Road 236 in a 2008 Chevrolet Trailblazer when five or six deer entered the road.
She could not stop in time and hit at least two of the animals.
* At 7:10 a.m. Kila B. Dallacosta, 71, Bainbridge, was eastbound on U.S. 36 in a 2000 AMT school bus registered to North Putnam School Corporation when she hit a deer.
* At 7:45 a.m. Jennie Baysinger, 44, Rockville, was eastbound on U.S. 36 in a 1998 Jeep Cherokee when she hit a deer.
* On Sunday, Nov. 6 at 6:15 a.m. Luke Lewellen, 32, Roachdale, was southbound on County Road 450 West just south of U.S. 40 in a 2007 Kia SXC.
He was unfamiliar with the road and did not know it curves east into County Road 750 South. He continued straight off the road and hit a tree.
* At 6:55 p.m. Michele L. Mehringer, 38, Martinsville, was westbound on State Road 42 just east of County Road 775 East in a 2002 Chevrolet Suburban when a deer entered the road.
She hit the deer and continued to the south side of the road where the vehicle went into a ditch and hit a utility pole.
* On Friday, Nov. 4 at 5:47 p.m. the Greencastle Fire Department responded to a medical assist at 1134 Avenue B. Cleared 6:18 p.m.
At 10 p.m. GFD was dispatched to an alarm at 1303 S. Bloomington St. but was disregarded.
* On Saturday, Nov. 5 at 11:30 a.m. crews responded to an unauthorized burn at 820 Tennessee St. They put out the fire and returned to the station at 11:43 a.m.
At 11:49 a.m. personnel responded to a motor vehicle accident at 3678 S. CR 200 West. On arrival, they found a car had struck a phone box but the driver had left the scene. Cleared 12:05 p.m.
At 2:37 p.m. GFD was called to assist Madison Township Fire Department at 8418 W. CR 175 South but was disregarded en route at 2:45 p.m.
At 3:07 p.m. GFD performed a medical assist at 1128 Avenue D. Cleared 3:21 p.m.
At 7:15 p.m. crews were dispatched to an alarm at 1202 Castlebury Dr. Painting in a common stairwell caused the issue. Cleared 7:38 p.m.
* On Sunday, Nov. 6 at 12:20 a.m. firefighters responded to an alarm at the Inn at DePauw, 2 E. Seminary St. The problem was caused by the accidental activation of a pull station. Cleared 1:17 p.m.
At 7:30 a.m. crews performed a medical assist at 81 Keightly Rd. Cleared 8:09 a.m.
At 9:15 a.m. GFD was dispatched to a medical assist at 1109 S. Indiana St. but was disregarded at 9:17 a.m.
At 11:54 a.m. firefighters investigated a carbon monoxide alarm at 29 Cottonwood Ct. Nothing was found. cleared 12:18 p.m.
At 5:54 p.m. GFD was dispatched to a brush fire at 2270 S. 150 West. Personnel found a small, controlled burn and no problem. Cleared 6:01 p.m.
* On Monday, Nov. 7 at 11:17 p.m. GFD responded to a smoke scare at 2535 S. CR 250 East. Nothing was found. Cleared 11:53 p.m.
Information included in the Putnam Scanner is taken from reports provided to the Banner Graphic by the Greencastle Police, the Greencastle Fire and the Putnam County Sheriff's departments.
Individuals listed in the blotter have been arrested on probable cause and have not been formally charged. Charging information may change after an initial arrest.
Questions about listed charging information should be directed to the arresting agency.