On Wednesday, Nov. 9 at 9:50 a.m. James Vincent Wright, 40, Greencastle, was booked into the Putnam County Jail for probation violation.
One warrant arrest was reported by Greencastle City Police.
At 10:43 p.m. Wednesday, Bradley Gordon Leonard, 41, Greencastle, was arrested at 1036 Avenue D on a Parke County warrant for failure to appear in court. Leonard was lodged in the Putnam County Jail.
A hit-and-run accident was reported at 5:28 p.m. Wednesday at Judson Drive and Ridgeland Road.
James P. Harris, 72, Greencastle, was eastbound on Ridgeland, driving a 2008 GMC truck, when an older model Buick, possibly 1964-67, was westbound and struck the driver's side of Harris's truck and did not stop.
Harris told Officer Jeff Modlin that the suspect car continued westbound, failed to stop at the stopsign and turned south onto Judson Drive before turning west into the Deer Field subdivision.
No damage estimate was available from GPD.
* On Monday, Nov. 7 at 6:22 a.m. Shane A. Stinson, 47, Reelsville, was northbound on U.S. 231 approaching County Road 500 North in a 1987 Chevrolet S10. Robert Hutcheson, 29, Greencastle, was behind Stinson in a 1994 Acura Integra.
As Stinson approached 500 North he said he applied his brakes and turned on his right turn signal. Hutcheson said he saw the brake lights but no signal. Hutcheson could not pass on the left due to oncoming traffic but attempted to go around on the right.
As Stinson tried to make his left turn onto the side of the road just past 500 North, Hutcheson car struck his truck in the front passenger side corner.
* At 9:42 a.m. Amanda J. Clark, 38, Greencastle, was westbound on State Road 240 in a 2005 Cadillac STS when she hit a deer.
* At 7:11 p.m. Alan C. Zerkel, 63, Coatesville, was eastbound on U.S. 36 in a 2003 Toyota Tacoma when he hit a deer.
* At 8:12 p.m. Miao Lin, 22, Washington, Ind., was southbound on U.S. 231 in a 2003 Toyota when he hit a deer.
* On Tuesday, Nov. 8 at 5:50 a.m. Sarah M. Wade, 25, Cloverdale, was northbound on County Road 150 West in a 2004 Pontiac Grand Prix when she hit a deer.
* At 5:55 p.m. Cameron B. Callan, 20, Indianapolis, was eastbound on U.S. 36 in a 1996 Chevrolet Blazer when he hit a deer.
* At 7:34 p.m. David Binger, 40, Delta, Ohio, was westbound on U.S. 40 near County Road 550 West in a 2004 Freightliner semi tractor when he hit a deer.
* At 8:42 p.m. Judy Clark, 53, Roachdale, was westbound on State Road 236 in a 2007 Chevrolet Uplander when she hit a deer.
* On Wednesday, Nov. 9 at 7 p.m. Chris L. Crafton, 55, Cloverdale, was westbound on U.S. 40 just west of County Road 200 East in a 1990 Ford Ranger when several deer entered the road. He braked to avoid the animals.
Alice J. Mann, 32, Cloverdale, was also westbound behind Crafton in a 2007 Kia Spectra. When Crafton stopped, Mann rear-ended his vehicle.
Mann's vehicle had plates that were false or fictitious and was traveling too fast for road conditions. She received two citations.
* At 8:25 p.m. Clinton W. Godby, 25, Clayton, was eastbound on West Walnut Street near County Road 400 West in a 2003 Chevrolet Trailblazer. He lost control while trying to negotiate a curve.
Godby said he was unable to regain control as the vehicle began to slid on wet pavement. The SUV left the road on the south side and hit a ditch, flipping on its side.
The Greencastle Fire Department responded to three calls on Tuesday, Nov. 8.
* At 3:23 p.m. GFD responded to a structure fire at 1001 Avenue F. The blaze started on the back porch due to charcoal from a grill. Personnel were able to contain the fire to the porch. Cleared 4:01 p.m.
* At 4:44 p.m. they were dispatched to an alarm at 1050 Deerfield Dr. but were disregarded en route at 4:46 p.m.
* At 6:57 p.m. crews responded to a small grass fire at 1134 Avenue E. Cleared 7:45 p.m.
Information included in the Putnam Scanner is taken from reports provided to the Banner Graphic by the Greencastle Police, the Greencastle Fire and the Putnam County Sheriff's departments.
Individuals listed in the blotter have been arrested on probable cause and have not been formally charged. Charging information may change after an initial arrest.
Questions about listed charging information should be directed to the arresting agency.