Three people were booked into the Putnam County Jail on Wednesday, Nov. 16.
* At 2:28 p.m. Michael David Critchfield, 40, Indianapolis, was arrested for burglary and theft.
* At 3:25 p.m. Daniel Chris Shaw, 22, Brownsburg, was housed at the jail for probation violation.
* At 5:35 p.m. Brooks Robert Weidman, 21, Carmel, was charged with probation violation.
* At Wednesday, Nov. 16 at 4:30 p.m. Danny J. Lehr, 42, Poland, was southbound on County Road 25 West in a 1996 Chevrolet Cavalier.
Lehr said he apparently passed out, as he does not remember leaving work or driving the vehicle. He said he had been suffering dizziness and being light-headed the past few days.
The car left the road on the east side and struck three fence posts as it entered a farm field. It continued southbound for about 75 feet before hitting a post for a stop sign, against which it came to rest.
Operation Life took Lehr to Putnam County Hospital with head pain.
* On Wednesday, Nov. 9 at 3:01 p.m. the Greencastle Fire Department performed a medical assist at 1 Washington St. Cleared 3:35 p.m.
At 4:24 p.m. GFD responded to an alarm at 202 E. Hanna St. Nothing was found. Cleared 4:46 p.m.
* On Thursday, Nov. 10 at 2:43 p.m. GFD crews were dispatched to a hit and run at 802 E. Washington St. The driver hit a guide wire for a light pole as well as a gas line marker. No damage was done to the light pole or the gas line. Vectren was contacted for the damage to the marker. Cleared 2:54 p.m.
At 11:55 p.m. GFD was dispatched to 1 Taylor Place but was disregarded at 11:58 p.m.
* On Friday, Nov. 11 at 12:26 p.m. personnel responded to a semi-tractor fire at 1360 Indianapolis Rd. The fire had been under the dash but was out on arrival. The blaze had originated in the fuse box area and damage was contained to the left side of the dash. Cleared 12:58 p.m.
At 4:21 p.m. GFD performed a medical assist at 1170 Bay Ct. Cleared 4:45 p.m.
* On Sunday, Nov. 13 at 11:16 a.m. GFD responded to an alarm at 330 Greenwood Ave. A detector on the second floor was activated but no problem was found. Cleared 11:33 a.m.
At 2:59 p.m. they were dispatched to an arcing power line on Northwood Blvd. Duke was called to the scene. Cleared 3:44 p.m.
At 5:08 p.m. the wind blew a large tree down across Avenue E just west of 5th Street, taking down cable and phone lines. GFD crews cut the tree with the assistance of a nearby homeowner to open one lane of traffic. The Greencastle Street Department placed hazard cones around the problem area. Duke checked power lines to make sure no damage was done to them. The phone company did not indicate when their lines would be repaired. Cleared 6:13 p.m.
At 6:25 p.m. GFD responded to a call of a hot/burning smell at 821 Indianapolis Rd. Upon arrival, crews found no smell and advised the manager if they smelled it again to call to check again. Cleared 6:59 p.m.
At 10:40 p.m. personnel responded to a possible structure fire at 204 E. Berry St. Upon arrival they found smoke coming from the basement. Using a thermal camera, they located a smoldering fire under a shelving unit. After extinguishing the fire, crews set up a fan to air out the structure. Investigation revealed an aerosol can had exploded and caught a rag on fire. Cleared 11:56 p.m.
* On Monday, Nov. 14 at 1:17 a.m. GFD provided mutual aid to Reelsville firefighters on a structure fire at 6487 W. CR 725 South. Cleared 4:07 a.m.
At 11:38 a.m. GFD responded to an alarm due to cooking at 6531 S. CR 100 East. Cleared 11:47 a.m.
* On Wednesday, Nov. 16 at 4:33 p.m. GFD was dispatched to a one-vehicle accident at Jones Road and Cemetery Road. Personnel assisted Operation Life with removing the individual from the car to be transported. Cleared 5:07 p.m.
At 10:54 p.m. they responded to an alarm at 415 S. Locust St. A detector was activated by smoke from a candle. Cleared 11:08 p.m.
Information included in the Putnam Scanner is taken from reports provided to the Banner Graphic by the Greencastle Police, the Greencastle Fire and the Putnam County Sheriff's departments.
Individuals listed in the blotter have been arrested on probable cause and have not been formally charged. Charging information may change after an initial arrest.
Questions about listed charging information should be directed to the arresting agency.