Several people have been housed at the Putnam County Jail recently.
* On Friday, Dec. 30 at 2:25 p.m. Ronald Otto, 29, no city listed, was booked in for nonsupport of a dependent.
At 4 p.m. Mark Wade Eageny, 45, Stilesville, was held for operating while intoxicated.
* On Saturday, Dec. 31 at 12:46 a.m. Matthew Lynn Hill, 30, Poland, was arrested for operating while intoxicated.
* On Sunday, Jan. 1 at 1:55 a.m. Cassy Lee Finley, 24, Greencastle, was housed at the jail for violation of home detention.
* On Monday, Jan. 2 at 8 a.m. Andrew Michael Northrup, 20, Cloverdale, was booked for being a minor in consumption of alcohol.
* On Tuesday, Jan. 3 at 8:50 a.m. Joshua Scott Spencer, 29, Avon, was held for probation violation.
At 5:44 p.m. Zachary Adam Poole, 28, Greencastle, was arrested for probation violation.
* On Tuesday, Dec. 27 at 8:37 a.m. Lori L. Alexander, 41, Greencastle, was on County Road 125 North in a 2008 Ford F150 when she lost control on snow and ice.
She slid off the right side of the road and hit a tree with the right side of the truck.
* On Wednesday, Dec. 28 at 8:55 p.m. Nathan A. Ward, 28, Frankfort, was northbound on County Road 250 East in a 2000 Chevrolet Cavalier. When he tried to make a right turn onto County Road 1400 North he went off the road and entered a ditch.
Ward said the road was too slick to make the turn.
* On Saturday, Dec. 31 at 4:05 p.m. Misha K. Romandine, 51, Greencastle, was northbound on Manhattan Road in a 2002 Ford Taurus. She drove off the right side of the road after rounding a curve.
The car went through two fences and hit some small trees.
* On Monday, Jan. 2 at 8:24 a.m. Joan Ryan, 75, Forest Park, Ill., was southbound on U.S. 231 in a 1989 Chevrolet Caprice when she lost control due to ice and hit an embankment.
* At 2:06 p.m. Makenzie M. Kessler, 17, Greencastle, was northbound on County Road 275 East in a 1999 Pontiac Grand Am when she lost control due to the ice. She left the road and hit a tree.
Rachel A. Billings, 23, Fillmore, was behind Kessler on County Road 275 East in a 2003 Pontiac Grand Prix when she lost control due to ice. After Kessler hit the tree, Billings pulled around her and stopped in a yard.
* At 2:48 p.m. Jackie M. Bunting, 22, Clarksville, was eastbound on County Road 350 North in a 2005 Dodge Grand Caravan. As she approached U.S. 231, she noticed two vehicles stopped in front of her at the intersection.
Bunting could not get her vehicle stopped, so she went around the other vehicles, across U.S. 231 and hit a garage.
* At 3:15 p.m. Jordyn C. Pitts, 18, Greencastle, was southbound on County Road 500 East in a 1999 Chevrolet Lumina. The road was slick, causing her to lose control and leave the road.
The car went into a ditch and then into a group of trees.
* At 4 p.m. Kandice P. Travelstead Neeley, 40, Fillmore, was eastbound on County Road 50 South in a 2002 Nissan Xterra when she crested a hill and lost control.
The slide sent Neeley's vehicle into the ditch on the north side of the road. The right front corner went in first, causing the vehicle to spin counter-clockwise, re-entering the same ditch and rolling onto the driver's side.
* At 5:02 p.m. Byron C. Hobbs, 56, Cloverdale, was southbound on U.S. 231 in a 2008 Toyota.
As he crossed the intersection at the stoplight just north of Interstate 70, Hobbs' car was hit in the left rear quarter panel by Doris J. Thompson, 59, Sullivan, driving a 2001 Lincoln Navigator.
Thompson had been stopped northbound at the light, waiting to turn onto the westbound entrance ramp. She said she got the green light and proceeded into the intersection, not noticing Hobbs' car.
Ice-covered pavement played a part in a one-vehicle accident investigated Monday afternoon by Greencastle City Police.
Dalton Guyer, 19, Greencastle, was southbound on North Jackson Street, driving a 1988 Ford pickup when he came through the underpass on the north side of town at 3:04 p.m.
As he approached Depot Street, the truck hit a patch of ice in the roadway and began to fishtail. As Guyer tried to regain control, the pickup swerved into a guardrail and came to a stop, police said.
Officer Ed Wilson estimated total damage in the accident at $2,500-$5,000.
The Greencastle Fire Department responded to two dispatches on Tuesday, Jan. 3.
At 1:25 a.m. personnel performed a hazardous materials investigation at 602 S. College Ave. No leak was found. Cleared 1:50 a.m.
At 1:28 p.m. GFD assisted the Fillmore Fire Department with at structure fire at 488 N. CR 850 North. Cleared 4:40 p.m.
Information included in the Putnam Scanner is taken from reports provided to the Banner Graphic by the Greencastle Police, the Greencastle Fire and the Putnam County Sheriff's departments.
Individuals listed in the blotter have been arrested on probable cause and have not been formally charged. Charging information may change after an initial arrest.
Questions about listed charging information should be directed to the arresting agency.