After soliciting the county for applications last month, the Putnam County Commissioners made several appointments to county and regional boards at their Tuesday, Jan. 3 meeting.
With the Putnam County Hospital Board expanding from five to seven board members, the commissioners have three appointments to make -- one to a full term and two new members to shortened, staggered terms.
Fred Mann was re-appointed to a four-year term, and Dr. Robert Heavin was appointed to a three-year term.
The Hospital Board had also recommended the appointment of Judge Matt Headley to the board, but Commissioner Nancy Fogle had second thoughts.
"I have a problem putting Judge Headley the Hospital Board," Fogle said. "I feel it's a conflict of interest for him to be on the Hospital Board because if the hospital is sued he'd have to recuse himself."
With Headley unable to hear cases relating to the hospital, she said it would be added cost to the county to appoint a special judge.
Fogle added that her misgivings were not based on Headley's performance as circuit court judge.
"I do believe Matt's done a good job as judge," she said.
The commissioners will revisit the appointment at their Tuesday, Jan. 17 meeting.
Other board appointments included:
* Board of Health (four years): Steve Thomas, Gary Salsman.
* Emergency 911 (annual): Roy Haddon, Doug Nally, Todd Shedron, Jerry Ensor, David Nelson.
* West Central Solid Waste (two years): Bryan Allen.
* Cemetery Board (three years): Steve Fenwick, Sharon Baldwin.
* ABC Board (annual): Kevin Scobee.
* Aviation Board (four years): Perry Wainman.
* Convention and Visitors Bureau (two years): David Jackman, Eric Hayman, Donna Houser, Mike Hanlon.
* Walnut Creek Fire Protection (four years): Jim Hilburn.