Several people have been booked into the Putnam County Jail recently.
* On Friday, Jan. 6 at 3 p.m. Julie Ann King, 43, Indianapolis, was arrested for failure to appear.
At 10:15 p.m. Nicholas Paul Owens, 21, Bainbridge, was housed at the jail for public intoxication.
At 10:20 p.m. Eric Tyler Huber, 21, Bainbridge, was booked for public intoxication, driving with a suspended license, possession of a controlled substance and trafficking contraband with an inmate.
* On Saturday, Jan. 7 at 2:34 a.m. Charles Martin DeFrance Sr., 59, Green Bay, Wis., was held for operating while intoxicated.
At noon Stephen Carl Snodgrass, 30, Brazil, was arrested for receiving stolen property.
At 7:52 p.m. Bryon Duane Smith, 51, Ottawa, Kan., was housed at the jail for operating while intoxicated.
* On Sunday, Jan. 8 at 3:07 a.m. Josh Braden White, 19, Lafayette, was booked in for public intoxication and minor in consumption.
At 4:10 a.m. Aaron Christopher Woodard, 19, West Lafayette, was held at the jail for resisting law enforcement, minor in consumption and public intoxication.
* On Monday, Jan. 9 at 2:20 p.m. Jerramy Joe Bushong, 24, Fillmore, arrested for possession of a syringe and possession of paraphernalia.
At 2:42 p.m. Bradley W. Allen, 28, no city listed, was housed at the jail for violation of home detention and possession of a Schedule 4 drug.
At 4:13 p.m. Charles Shadowens, 34, no city listed, was booked in for probation violation.
* On Tuesday, Jan. 10 at 12:03 a.m. Vernon Randy Stahl, 55, Cloverdale, held at the jail for battery.
At 9 a.m. Elijah Dean Isenhower, 20, Greencastle, was arrested for probation violation.
At 9:15 a.m. Bradley Allen Boone, 35, Indianapolis, was housed at the jail for nonsupport of a dependent.
At 9:45 a.m. Brandy R. Pine, 29, Terre Haute, was booked in for nonsupport of a dependent.
* On Monday, Jan. 9 at 7:29 a.m. Curtis D. Simpson, 51, Brazil, was stopped on Manhattan Road in a 2003 GMC Envoy, waiting to turn onto U.S. 40. JoAnn G. Johnson, 60, Chrisman, Ill., in a 2007 Dodge Caliber, could not stop in time and ran into the rear of Simpson's SUV.
* At 3:44 p.m. a line of northbound traffic on U.S. 231 South had slowed for a vehicle in front to make a right turn. As traffic began to move again, another vehicle slowed to turn left, causing traffic to slow and stop again.
As traffic slowed, Mary C. Stockwell, 36, Cloverdale, driving a 2008 Dodge Caravan, could not avoid hitting the 2003 Dodge Durango driven by Joseph R. Pilkin, 17, Greencastle.
Both drivers said the did not see a turn signal from the vehicle that started the chain reaction.
* On Tuesday, Jan. 10 at 7:07 a.m. Eva M. Corder, 47, Poland, was northbound on U.S. 231 in a 1996 Buick Park Avenue when she hit a deer.
* At 1:50 p.m. Richard A. Burrows, 42, Kingsford Heights, was westbound on State Road 240 in a 2001 International semi tractor trailer when he approached a 2012 International Dura Star bucket truck owned by Miller Construction parked in the road.
The utility truck was attempting to raise the bucket for a worker to service the power lines.
Burrows' semi tractor passed the utility truck, but his trailer struck the vehicle's hydraulic arm. A witness said the semi was going too fast to avoid the collision on the narrow road.
Signs warning of the construction zone and "flagman ahead" had been placed east and west of the construction zone.
The Greencastle Fire Department has responded to a number of recent dispatches.
* Between Friday, Jan. 6 and Sunday, Jan. 8, GFD was dispatched to alarm at Humbert Hall, 208 E. Olive St., on three different occasions. Twice they were disregarded en route and another time they found nothing at the scene.
* On Saturday, Jan. 7 at 3:25 a.m. the department responded to an alarm at 109 W. Hanna St. Nothing was found. Cleared 3:37 a.m.
At 6:26 p.m. personnel performed a medical assist with Operation Life at 1014 Millpond Ln. Cleared 6:46 p.m.
* On Monday, Jan. 9 at 8:03 a.m. GFD responded to an alarm at 106 S. Spring St. Nothing was found. Cleared 8:14 a.m.
At 9:59 a.m. crews responded to a carbon monoxide alarm at 1149 Avenue E. The detector was found to be malfunctioning. Cleared 10:13 a.m.
* On Tuesday, Jan. 10 at 12:25 p.m. GFD responded to 225 S. Bloomington St. but was disregarded at 12:30 p.m.
At 5:17 p.m. crews responded to an unauthorized burn at 407 W. Columbia St. Cleared 5:22 p.m.
* On Wednesday, Jan. 11 at 1:25 a.m. firefighters performed a lift assist at 1001 S. Fillmore Rd. Cleared 1:49 a.m.
Information included in the Putnam Scanner is taken from reports provided to the Banner Graphic by the Greencastle Police, the Greencastle Fire and the Putnam County Sheriff's departments.
Individuals listed in the blotter have been arrested on probable cause and have not been formally charged. Charging information may change after an initial arrest.
Questions about listed charging information should be directed to the arresting agency.