Several people have been booked into the Putnam County Jail recently.
* On Sunday, Jan. 8 at 12:32 a.m. Larry Gene Patterson, 55, Greencastle, was housed at the jail for operating while intoxicated.
* On Wednesday, Jan. 11 at 11:45 a.m. Nathan Wayne Turner, 30, Indianapolis, was booked for failure to appear.
At 11:45 a.m. Peter John Benedict IV, 39, Clinton, was held at the jail for three counts of failure to appear.
At 2:30 p.m. David Johnson Baysinger, 51, La Porte, was arrested for failure to appear.
* On Thursday, Jan. 12 at 2:35 a.m. John David Derbyshire, 22, Speedway, was housed at the jail for operating while intoxicated with a prior conviction and public intoxication.
* On Wednesday, Jan. 11 at 1:20 p.m. Daniel S. Higginbotham Jr., 17, Fillmore, was westbound on State Road 240 in a 1999 Chevrolet Suburban.
He looked down for a few seconds and when he looked back up he wasn't in time to see Tony Brackett, 46, Cloverdale, stopped to make a left turn onto County Road 500 East in a 2000 Dodge Dakota.
Higginbotham hit the rear end of Brackett's vehicle, causing $2,501-$5,000 in damage.
* On Thursday, Jan. 12 at 1 p.m. Devin A. Myers, 18, Putnamville, was northwest bound on County Road 300 West in a 1987 Chevrolet S10.
He was attempting to turn onto County Road 550 South when he lost control due to snow and ice. The truck slid off the road, where it hit a utility pole head-on.
The force of the crash broke the pole, causing the top to fall. However, wires prevented it from hitting the truck or the truck.
* On Wednesday, Jan. 11 at 6:25 p.m. the Greencastle Fire Department was dispatched to an alarm at Bloomington Street Hall, 225 S. Bloomington St., but was disregarded at 6:26 p.m.
* On Thursday, Jan. 12 at 7:10 p.m. personnel responded to an alarm at Taylor Place. Investigation revealed the alarm was caused by sawdust due to construction. Firefighters reset the alarm then cleared the scene at 7:25 p.m.
At 9:42 p.m. crews performed a lift assist with Operation Life at 750 S. Fillmore Rd. Cleared 9:54 p.m.
Information included in the Putnam Scanner is taken from reports provided to the Banner Graphic by the Greencastle Police, the Greencastle Fire and the Putnam County Sheriff's departments.
Individuals listed in the blotter have been arrested on probable cause and have not been formally charged. Charging information may change after an initial arrest.
Questions about listed charging information should be directed to the arresting agency.