Several people have been booked into the Putnam County Jail recently.
* On Friday, Jan. 13 at 5:35 p.m. Bradley Lee Cash, 53, Greencastle, was arrested for failure to appear in court.
At 9:38 p.m. Christopher McKnight, 23, Avon, was lodged in the jail for operating while intoxicated and possession of marijuana.
* On Saturday, Jan. 14 at 12:01 a.m. Thomas Issac Bixler III, 23, Cloverdale, was booked for operating while intoxicated with a prior conviction and public intoxication.
At 2 a.m. Athena Rae Siddons, 28, Cloverdale, was housed at the jail for battery with bodily injury, criminal recklessness, theft and intimidation.
At 2:12 a.m. Christopher K. Hanneman, 22, Greencastle, was arrested for battery.
At 2:55 a.m. Herbert A. Dewbrew III, 30, Burksville, Ky., was held for battery with bodily injury, criminal recklessness, theft and intimidation.
At 3:23 a.m. David Arthur Burroff, 31, Brazil, was booked for battery, criminal recklessness, theft and intimidation.
At 4 a.m. Kent Jermaine Jackson, 36, Greencastle, was housed at the jail for battery, criminal recklessness, theft and intimidation.
* On Sunday, Jan. 15 at 2:55 a.m. Spencer C. James Ferrier, 21, Angola, was arrested for possession of marijuana.
At 4:30 p.m. Michael A. Below Jr., 32, Greencastle, was held for violation of home detention.
* On Monday, Jan. 16 at 12 p.m., Brain Alan Ping, 27, Roachdale, was booked for burglary and possession of a controlled substance.
* On Friday, Jan. 13 at 2 a.m. Bruce E. Haidle, 56, Anderson, was westbound on Interstate 70 near the 34-mile marker when he lost control of a 2005 International tractor-trailer on the slick road.
The tractor jackknifed and left the north side of the road, where it came to rest against some trees.
* At 4:57 a.m. Dennis E. Potts, 43, Indianapolis, was westbound on I-70 near the 40-mile marker in a 2011 Chevrolet pickup when he lost control on the slick road.
The truck slid into the median and sustained front-end damage from the earthen embankment.
* At 7:03 a.m. Richard W. Cassel, 20, Muncie, was westbound on I-70 near the 34-mile marker in a 2001 Jeep Cherokee when he hit a patch of ice.
Cassel lost control of the SUV and rolled the vehicle after going into a ditch.
* At 9:55 a.m. Michael P. Jordan, 25, Cloverdale, was westbound on Beagle Club Road, approaching the traffic light at U.S. 231 in a 2001 GMC Sonoma.
Jordan said he braked but lost control due to snow and ice. His truck rear-ended a 2006 Pontiac Grand Prix driven by Ronald Smith, 54, Cloverdale, who was stopped at the light.
* On Saturday, Jan. 14 at 7:30 a.m. Bruce Mendenhall, 47, Greencastle, was southbound on County Road 175 East just south of County Road 200 North in a 1998 Chevrolet Blazer when a deer hit the driver side door area.
The deer rotated off the door and hit the driver side front area of the vehicle.
* At 8:47 p.m. Jeremy W. Neeley, 21, Greencastle, was driving south around a curve on County Road 525 West in a 1995 Honda Civic. He was reportedly traveling too fast for the ice-covered road and slid through the curve and struck a 2011 Dodge driven by Aaron W. Sparks, 38, Greencastle.
Greencastle City Police officers investigated two recent accidents.
-- At 7:02 p.m. Sunday, a one-vehicle accident occurred on County Road 125 West at County Road 25 South near the Dunbar Covered Bridge.
William Ford, 19, Greencastle, was northbound, driving a 2011 Chevrolet, when the vehicle left the roadway and overturned into a ditch.
Officer Matt Huffman reported that both Ford and his female passenger were unsure of what happened prior to the accident.
Damage was estimated at $5,000-$10,000.
-- At 7:19 p.m. Friday, a two-vehicle mishap was reported at State Road 240 and Warren Drive.
Officer Eric Vaughan reported that Jayson Barger, 19, Greencastle, failed to yield the right-of-way and pulled his 1990 Jeep into the path of a 1998 GMC driven by Scott Olsen, 44, Greencastle, and the vehicles collided.
Total damage was estimated at $1,000-$2,500.
A passenger in the Barger vehicle was reportedly transported to Putnam County Hospital with neck pain.
Barger was cited by Officer Vaughan for no proof of insurance.
One additional traffic citation was reported by GPD.
-- At 8:15 p.m. Friday, Lewis Gose, 57, Greencastle, was ticketed on North Jackson Street by Capt. Charles Inman for having an expired license plate.
Information included in the Putnam Scanner is taken from reports provided to the Banner Graphic by the Greencastle Police, the Greencastle Fire and the Putnam County Sheriff's departments.
Individuals listed in the blotter have been arrested on probable cause and have not been formally charged. Charging information may change after an initial arrest.
Questions about listed charging information should be directed to the arresting agency.