Several people were booked into the Putnam County Jail recently.
* On Friday, Jan. 20 at 12:36 p.m. Benjamin Drew Robinson, 22, Bloomington was housed at the jail for probation violation.
* On Saturday, Jan. 21 at 11:30 p.m. Joseph D. Havey, 43, Cloverdale, was arrested for sale of methamphetamine.
At 11:40 p.m. Scott Dean Campbell, 45, Poland, was held at the jail for possession of cocaine and sale of methamphetamine.
* On Monday, Jan. 23 at 1 a.m. William A. Stigall Jr., 45, Kokomo, was booked in for the sale of methamphetamine and possession of paraphernalia.
At 1:30 a.m. Wesley Keith Foote-Crowdey, 22, Prairieton, was housed at the jail for possession of methamphetamine, possession of marijuana and possession of paraphernalia.
At 8:27 p.m. Lonnie Emerson Deal, 59, Cloverdale, was arrested for operating while intoxicated and public intoxication.
* On Tuesday, Jan. 24 at 8:55 a.m. David Andrew Burger, 47, Coatesville, was held at the jail for probation violation.
The Greencastle Fire Department has responded to a number of recent dispatches.
* On Wednesday, Jan. 18 at 1:51 a.m. GFD was dispatched to an accident with an inverted vehicle at 2270 S. CR 150 West but was disregarded at 1:56 a.m.
At 7:28 a.m. they provided mutual aid with Fillmore on a structure fire at 228 N. CR 900 West. Cleared 7:57 a.m.
At 10:48 a.m. personnel responded to a detector activation due to cooking at 330 Greenwood Ave. Cleared 11:02 a.m.
At 1:32 p.m. crews responded to a detector activation due to dust from sanding at 403 E. Seminary St. Cleared 1:42 p.m.
At 10:56 p.m. personnel performed a medical assist at 510 S. Maple St. Cleared 11:19 p.m.
* On Friday, Jan. 20 at 5:49 a.m. GFD performed a medical assist 119 S. Jackson St. Cleared 6:03 a.m.
At 3:07 p.m. crews performed a lift assist at Dr. Black's office, 1145 Indianapolis Rd., and then followed Operation Life to Putnam County Hospital to help unload the patient. Cleared 3:34 p.m.
At 5 p.m. personnel performed a lift assist at Putnam County Hospital and accompanied Operation Life to The Waters for unloading. Cleared 5:20 p.m.
At 5:09 p.m. crews performed a lift assist at 1049 Canterbury Dr. Cleared 5:25 p.m.
* On Saturday, Jan. 21 at 5:47 p.m. GFD responded to an alarm due to burnt food at 304 S. Indiana St. Cleared 5:57 p.m.
* On Sunday, Jan. 22 at 3:07 a.m. the fire department responded to a couch on fire at Sigma Alpha Epsilon, 509 S. Locust St. Police on the scene said the fire had been extinguished but was flaring again. GFD personnel extinguished the fire with water, keeping it contained to the couch. The room had smoke damage and a window had heat damage. The fire was accidental due to a discarded cigarette. Cleared 4:33 a.m.
At 11:54 a.m. personnel performed a medical assist at 1133 Canterbury Dr. Cleared 12:28 p.m.
At 2:37 p.m. GFD was dispatched to 414 Melrose Ave. but was disregarded by a medic on the scene at 2:38 p.m.
At 3:42 p.m. Greencastle personnel covered the Cloverdale Fire Station at 51 Market St. during a fire. Cleared 6:44 p.m.
* The fire department responded to several calls relating to storm damage between 1 and 6:30 a.m. on Monday, Jan. 23. Damage included a tree into a house on Avenue E, a gas leak at Vectren's substation on Airport Road, a tree and lines down on Martinsville Street, a line down on Rangeline Road and lines down on Tennessee Street. The call to 830 Tennessee Street was due to arcing lines and a series of pops and a hot smell detected by the occupants. Crews found no major problems, but advised the residents to turn off the power and call their insurance company.
* On Sunday, Jan. 23 at 5:56 a.m. GFD was dispatched to an alarm at 5 E. Larabee St. but found no fire. Cleared 6:16 a.m.
* On Monday, Jan. 24 at 9:09 a.m. personnel investigated the smell of gas at 403 E. Seminary St. but found nothing. Cleared 9:27 a.m.
At 2:01 p.m. GFD responded to an alarm due to cooking at 107 W. Hanna St. Cleared 2:09 p.m.
At 3:24 p.m. firefighters responded to an alarm due to cooking at 414 S. Indiana St. Cleared 3:34 p.m.
At 10:19 p.m. GFD assisted police at 1124 Avenue D. Cleared 10:48 p.m.
* On Wednesday, Jan. 25 at 8:17 a.m. fire crews responded to an alarm at 105 W. Hanna St. Steam from a shower caused the alarm.
Information included in the Putnam Scanner is taken from reports provided to the Banner Graphic by the Greencastle Police, the Greencastle Fire and the Putnam County Sheriff's departments.
Individuals listed in the blotter have been arrested on probable cause and have not been formally charged. Charging information may change after an initial arrest.
Questions about listed charging information should be directed to the arresting agency.