A number of people have been booked into the Putnam County Jail recently.
* On Friday, Jan. 27 at 8:39 a.m. Zachery Cameron Hall, 24, Bainbridge, was held at the jail for probation violation.
At 2:05 p.m. Michael James Vance, 21, Greencastle, was arrested for sexual misconduct with a minor.
At 11:50 p.m. Tonya Lynn Sanders, 51, Brazil, was held at the jail for operating while intoxicated.
* On Saturday, Jan. 28 at 1:15 a.m. Edward William Hilbert, 44, Greencastle, was arrested for operating while intoxicated, possession of marijuana, intimidation of law enforcement and resisting law enforcement.
At 3:10 a.m. Bryan Davie Templeman, 36, Roachdale, was housed at the jail for operating while intoxicated.
At 3:16 a.m. Matthew Chase Hubbard, 28, Indianapolis, was booked in for operating while intoxicated and possession of marijuana.
At 10:51 p.m. Henry Thomas Tillberry, 45, Cloverdale, was held at the jail for possession of marijuana.
At 11:20 p.m. Matthew Jacob Pettit, 20, Cloverdale, was arrested for possession of marijuana and operating while intoxicated.
* On Sunday, Jan. 29 at 12:06 a.m. Zachary Lee Huber, 20, Cloverdale, was housed at the jail for operating while intoxicated.
At 3:48 a.m. Joshua Allen Willer, 29, Greencastle, was booked in for operating while intoxicated with a prior.
At 10:45 p.m. Brandy L. Turner, 38, Cloverdale, was held at the jail for probation violation.
* On Monday, Jan. 30 at 4:23 a.m. Timothy Lee Beach, 39, Holly Hill, Fla., was arrested for nonsupport of a dependent and contempt of court.
At 11:45 a.m. Steven Russell Hornback, 37, Lizton, was housed at the jail for probation violation.
At 3:45 p.m. Travis Gene Gray, 22, Fillmore, was booked in for probation violation.
* On Tuesday, Jan. 31 at 3 a.m. John David Macklin, 38, Terre Haute, was held at the jail for operating while intoxicated.
At 4:30 a.m. Ethan Tyler Nealy, 21, Edwards, Colo., was arrested for sale of marijuana, possession of marijuana, possession of a controlled substance and possession of paraphernalia.
Two Greencastle men were arrested early Monday in connection with reported thefts at the Space Place storage units off Tennessee Street.
David Lee Sells Jr., 42, and Gregory D. Cochran, 20, were held at the Putnam County Jail on preliminary charges of burglary and theft, Officer Matt Huffman reported.
The incident remains under investigation as a number of locks were reportedly cut and units entered at the storage facility.
The suspects were arrested at 2 a.m. Monday on Bloomington Street with allegedly stolen items in their possession.
Huffman was assisted in the investigation by Capt. Charles Inman and Officer Nick Eastham.
A hit-and-run accident at 6 p.m. Friday reportedly led to the arrest of Shawn Marie Smith, 48, Greencastle, on charges of public intoxication, operating a motor vehicle while intoxicated, failure to stop after a property-damage accident and being a habitual traffic offender.
Smith was lodged in the Putnam County Jail after registering a blood-alcohol content of .29 percent, City Police reported.
Sgt. Chris Jones said Smith, driving a 1989 Chevrolet Cavalier, reportedly backed into a parked 2009 Chevrolet Impala, owned by George Belton, 60, Cloverdale, as he sat inside the car in the Kroger parking lot.
Smith then left the scene, police said, and was arrested on Locust Street.
A two-vehicle accident at 2:42 p.m. Friday reportedly resulted in the arrest of Laura L. Miller, 38, Greencastle, for criminal recklessness with a vehicle.
Officer Darrel Bunten reported the incident as a domestic dispute that escalated into an incident involving a 2007 Chevrolet Trailblazer driven by Laura Miller and a 2002 Pontiac Grand Prix, driven by her estranged husband, Jerry Joe Miller Jr., 49, Greencastle.
Jerry Miller was pulling out of Shonky's Pizza at 200 S. Vine St., police said, when his car was reportedly struck by his estranged wife's vehicle.
She told police her foot slipped off the brake but Jerry Miller claimed she rammed his car two or three times.
Total damage was estimated at $3,500-$5,000.
* On Thursday, Jan. 19 on 11:05 a.m. Karen Jones, 72, Knightsville, was northbound on Manhattan Road just north of County Road 400 South in a 2009 Pontiac G6.
She lost control due to snow and ice, leaving the right side of the road and crashing into a fence.
* On Friday, Jan. 27 at 6:15 a.m. Wendy Glaziner, 35, Terre Haute, was westbound on Interstate 70 just east of the 35-mile marker in a 2007 Chrysler Pacifica when she hit a dog.
* At 6:55 a.m. Todd Norris, 44, Poland, was entering Interstate 70 from the eastbound ramp off of State Road 243 in a 2010 Toyota Prius. He was following David Cotton, 50, Clinton, who was driving a 2010 Dodge Ram 3500.
Norris said Cotton had pulled out in front of him from the emergency lane on the ramp. He said he flashed his lights at Cotton as the two vehicles pulled into the left lane to pass a tow truck in the right lane.
Cotton suddenly braked, causing Norris to rear-end him.
Cotton said they were passing the tow truck when Norris flashed his lights. Cotton said he believed Norris was trying to get his attention, thinking something might have fallen off the tow truck, causing him to brake.
* At 11:25 p.m. Keith M. Saylor, 17, Plainfield, was westbound on U.S. 40 at County Road 425 West in a 1992 Honda. He was in the right lane but turned to the left in order to attempt a U-turn.
Scott M. Brown, 41, Brazil, was westbound in a 1997 Dodge Ram. He was in the left lane when Saylor turned in front of him.
Brown could not avoid the collision with Saylor's car.
Saylor was taken to Putnam County Hospital with minor head injuries. Brown was treated at the scene for minor abrasions and cuts.
* On Saturday, Jan. 28 at 8:12 a.m. David N. Errett, 31, Indianapolis, was westbound on State Road 240 near County Road 525 East in a 2006 Pontiac Vibe when he hit some snow and slush, causing him to lose control.
The vehicle spun around backward, crossing the eastbound lane and ending up in the ditch on the south side of the road, facing east.
Damage was mainly to the rear and front end of the vehicle and totaled $2,501-$5,000.
The Greencastle Fire Department has responded to a number of recent dispatches.
* On Friday, Jan. 27 at 2:43 p.m. GFD responded to a motor vehicle accident at 200 S. Vine St. for fluid cleanup. Cleared 3:34 p.m.
At 5:35 p.m. personnel assisted Operation Life with loading a patient at 1014 Millpond Lane. Cleared 6:04 p.m.
* On Saturday, Jan. 28 at 4:32 a.m. firefighters were dispatched to an alarm at 431 Anderson St. but were disregarded at 4:36 a.m.
At 3:33 p.m. GFD assisted Operation Life at 16 E. Berry St. Cleared 3:44 p.m.
* On Sunday, Jan. 29 at 6:30 a.m. personnel responded to a carbon monoxide alarm at 312 E. Ohio St. Nothing was found. Cleared 6:54 a.m.
* On Monday, Jan. 30 at 2:24 p.m. crews assisted Operation Life at 1126 Avenue E. Cleared 2:48 p.m.
At 8:52 p.m. GFD was dispatched to an alarm due to cooking at 412 S. Jackson St. Cleared 9:01 a.m.
Information included in the Putnam Scanner is taken from reports provided to the Banner Graphic by the Greencastle Police, the Greencastle Fire and the Putnam County Sheriff's departments.
Individuals listed in the blotter have been arrested on probable cause and have not been formally charged. Charging information may change after an initial arrest.
Questions about listed charging information should be directed to the arresting agency.