A number of people have been booked into the Putnam County Jail recently.
* On Friday, Feb. 10 at 10:12 p.m. Charles Wesley Powell, 23, Cloverdale, was housed at the jail for operating while intoxicated with a prior conviction and public intoxication.
At 10:42 p.m. James Lincoln Goddard, 51, Poland, was arrested for operating while intoxicate and public intoxication.
* On Saturday, Feb. 11 at 12:27 a.m. Ronald Dorsey Carter, 50, Cloverdale, was held at the jail for possession of marijuana, possession of a schedule drug, possession of paraphernalia, operating while intoxicated and for being a habitual traffic violator.
At 1:14 a.m. James Dewayne Hilburn Jr., 42, Bainbridge, was booked in for operating while intoxicated with a prior conviction.
At 3 a.m. Andrew James Fidler, 24, Quincy, was held at the jail for operating while intoxicated.
At 11:34 a.m. Joshua Dustin Newlin, 31, Plainfield, was arrested for two counts of probation violation.
At 2:30 p.m. Ashley Breanne Bullerdick, 28, Crawfordsville, was housed at the jail for failure to appear.
At 11:40 p.m. Tony Leon Burnham, 44, Cloverdale, was booked in for operating while intoxicated with a prior conviction.
* On Sunday, Feb. 12 at 12:59 a.m. James Dale Shane, 23, Quincy, was held at the jail for operating while intoxicated.
At 3:39 a.m. Brandi Lynette Clodfelter, 30, Bainbridge, was arrested for operating while intoxicated and public intoxication.
At 7:03 p.m. Brian David Smith, 57, Bainbridge, was housed at the jail for domestic battery.
At 10:25 p.m. Connie Sue Deal, 42, Cloverdale was booked in for operating while intoxicated.
* On Wednesday, Feb. 1 at 7:40 a.m. Charles R. Keller, 72, Indianapolis, was traveling on State Road 243 South in a 2003 Dodge Durango. He did not know the road made a turn and due to fog, he was off the road before he could stop.
* On Monday, Feb. 6 at 7:36 a.m. Colton T. Croan, 21, Fillmore, was westbound on Rangeline Road in a 2008 Honda. He looked up to open his sunroof and he ran off the road, hitting a tree.
* On Friday, Feb. 10 at 4 p.m. William B. Snyder, 16, Cloverdale, was eastbound on County Road 1100 South in a 2002 Chevrolet Impala.
As he entered a curve, the vehicle lost grip and began to slide. As Snyder corrected, he lost control and left the road, hitting a telephone pole and mailbox.
Snyder was taken to Putnam County Hospital by Operation Life for evaluation of pain to his right ribs.
* At 10:07 p.m. Johnnie B. Hester IV, 21, Greencastle, was northbound on County Road 400 West in a 1992 Ford Ranger.
As he entered a curve he downshifted and the vehicle started to slide and ran off the road. He was unable to avoid a large tree.
Hester sustained minor injuries but signed a statement of release.
* At 10:36 p.m. Christopher J. Edwards, 23, Greencastle, was westbound on County Road 400 South in a 2004 GMC Envoy.
He came around a curve and lost control on the icy road, leaving the road and hitting a mailbox. The vehicle continued across a driveway and struck landscape lights and bricks. It stopped just short of hitting a house.
* On Saturday, Feb. 11 at 12:45 a.m. Brittany A. Williamson, 25, Greencastle, was westbound on U.S. 36 in a 2006 Pontiac Grand Am.
She said she applied the brakes and the vehicle began to spin out of control when she overcorrected. The car slid off the road backwards and down into a ditch, hitting a downed tree.
* At 2:12 a.m. Clinton K. Hestand, 21, Bloomfield, was eastbound on Interstate 70 in a 2003 Dodge when a small animal ran into his path.
He swerved to miss the animal and left the road, rolling the vehicle.
Hestand was taken to the Putnam County Jail and booked in at 3:20 a.m. for operating while intoxicated, public intoxication and operating per se.
The Greencastle Fire Department has responded to a number of recent dispatches.
* On Thursday, Feb. 9 at 3:54 p.m. GFD personnel responded to a motor vehicle accident with injuries at Putnam Plaza. Cleared 4:19 p.m.
* On Friday, Feb. 10 at 7:17 p.m. crews were dispatched to an alarm at 105 W. Hanna St. but were disregarded at 7:20 p.m.
* On Saturday, Feb. 11 at 4:41 a.m. personnel performed a lift assist at 111 S. Spring St. Cleared 4:57 a.m.
At 8:33 a.m. GFD assisted with a diesel fuel spill at 304 W. National Ave., Brazil, in front of Hardee's. GFD provided hazardous material equipment and personnel. Cleared 10:40 a.m.
At 10:54 p.m. crews were dispatched to an alarm at 406 S. Indiana St. but were disregarded at 10:58 a.m.
* On Sunday, Feb. 12 at 1:18 a.m. GFD responded to an alarm at 504 E. Seminary St. No problem was found. Cleared 1:31 a.m.
At 1:50 a.m. crews performed a medical assist at 4 E. Liberty St. Cleared 2:06 a.m.
At 2:38 a.m. GFD performed a medical assist in the alley between Indiana and Jackson streets. Cleared 2:57 a.m.
* On Monday, Feb. 13 the fire department responded to 11 different reports of natural gas odors between 9:11 and 10:31 a.m. The problem was eventually traced to a car that ended up parked on the DePauw campus. Cleared 10:35 a.m.
At 2:09 p.m. GFD performed a medical assist at 111 S. Spring St. Cleared 2:18 p.m.
At 6:02 p.m. GFD assisted Operation Life at 905 S. Indiana St. Cleared 7:07 p.m.
At 7:34 p.m. crews responded to an alarm at 508 S. Indiana St. but were disregarded at 7:39 p.m.
At 10:36 p.m. personnel were dispatched to 413 S. Locust St. They were disregarded at 10:39 p.m.
* On Tuesday, Feb. 14 at 1:16 p.m. GFD responded to an alarm at 413 Anderson St. The cause was found to be cooking. Cleared 1:27 p.m.
Information included in the Putnam Scanner is taken from reports provided to the Banner Graphic by the Greencastle Police, the Greencastle Fire and the Putnam County Sheriff's departments.
Individuals listed in the blotter have been arrested on probable cause and have not been formally charged. Charging information may change after an initial arrest.
Questions about listed charging information should be directed to the arresting agency.