A number of people have been booked into the Putnam County Jail recently.
* On Thursday, Feb. 23 at 2 p.m. Ashley Loraine Wheeler, 25, Indianapolis, was arrested for violation of home detention.
* On Friday, Feb. 24 at 10:33 a.m. Richard Alexander Romandine, 32, West Point, was booked in for strangulation.
At 12:30 p.m. Tara Kay Pagan, 35, Bainbridge, was housed at the jail for contempt of court.
At 8:22 p.m. Kyle Alan McCammon, 24, Cloverdale, was held at the jail for probation violation.
* On Saturday, Feb. 25 at 12:39 a.m. Britney Michel Way, 25, was arrested for operating while intoxicated.
At 1:24 a.m. Christopher Ryan Dunn, 33, Tuckerman, Ark., was booked in for public intoxication.
At 2:15 a.m. Kyle Duwane Farr, 50, Greencastle, was housed at the jail for operating while intoxicated and public intoxication.
At 3:40 a.m. Jacob Duwane Farr, 31, Amo, was arrested for operating while intoxicated.
At 3:50 a.m. Kenneth David Short II, 33, Greencastle, was held at the jail for operating while intoxicated.
At 4:04 a.m. Krystal Nicole Arnold, 30, Indianapolis, was booked in for operating while intoxicated.
At 4:35 a.m. Joseph Stanley Anvoots II, 28, Greencastle, was housed at the jail for battery.
At 10 a.m. Kerry Wayne Gilbert II, 31, Indianapolis, was arrested for failure to appear.
At 12:30 p.m. Kevin Ryan Spurrier, 37, homeless, was held at the jail for probation violation.
At 10:25 p.m. Darrell Lee Keck, 42, Fillmore, was booked in for operating while intoxicated.
At 10:32 p.m. Dakota Richard Escott, 25, Brazil, was housed at the jail for operating while intoxicated.
At 11:46 p.m. Robert Nelson Hammer, 56, Cloverdale, was arrested as a habitual traffic violator.
* On Sunday, Feb. 26 at 12:09 a.m. David Lee Looper, 23, Terre Haute, was held at the jail for operating while intoxicated and public intoxication.
At 2:01 a.m. Michael P. Fisher, 55, Poland, was booked in for operating while intoxicated.
At 3:16 a.m. Joshua Allen Goddard, 27, Cloverdale, was housed at the jail for operating while intoxicated.
At 5:15 a.m. Anjali Makayla Cohen, 21, Greencastle, was arrested for operating while intoxicated, public intoxication and probation violation.
At 3:39 p.m. Zachary Lee Benassi, 18, Fillmore, was held at the jail for operating a motor vehicle never having received a license.
At 7:50 p.m. Nicholas Scott Toby, 24, Fillmore, was booked in for probation violation.
At 11:28 p.m. Troy Richard McDonald, 42, Poland, was housed at the jail for operating while intoxicated with a prior.
* On Monday, Feb. 27 at 9 a.m. James Alexander Elliott, 25, Greenwood, was arrested for probation violation.
At 10:38 a.m. Buddie Thomas Nichols Sr., 54, Danville, was held for contempt of court.
At 11:30 a.m. Travis Lee Camden, 36, Noblesville, was booked in for false informing.
Greencastle City Police are investigating a break-in at The Jewelry Clinic, 17 E. Franklin St., early Tuesday.
The incident occurred sometime between 2 and 7:30 a.m. as an intruder or intruder gained access by breaking the glass in the front window.
Capt. Mike Hanlon said owner Grover Petty reported that 15-20 rings were stolen in the incident, which has been turned over the GPD detectives for further investigation.
Greencastle officers made a theft arrest recently in connection with an incident at the Wal-Mart store on Indianapolis Road.
Margaret J. Barger, 33, Greencastle, was arrested by Officer Jeff Modlin at 6:58 pm. Saturday and was lodged in the Putnam County Jail on a theft charge.
She reportedly took two pairs of jeans, a pair of boys' slip-on shoes and a pair of blue slippers, valued at a total of $41.73.
Police said Barger attempted to leave the store without paying for the items after putting them in a handbag she was carrying.
* On Saturday, Feb. 25 at 5:52 p.m. Brooke Plummer, 17, Greencastle, was westbound on Range Line Road in a 2002 Chevrolet Cavalier, approaching a right hand curve in the road.
Plummer was driving too fast to make the turn and crossed the centerline, left the roadway and struck a concrete pillar on the south side of the road.
No injuries were reported.
The Greencastle Fire Department has responded to a number of recent dispatches.
* On Thursday, Feb. 23 at 7:26 p.m. GFD was dispatched to an alarm at 109 W. Hanna St. but was disregarded at 7:30 p.m.
* On Friday, Feb. 24 at 10:22 a.m. personnel performed a lift assist at 1001 Fillmore Rd. Cleared 10:38 a.m.
* On Sunday, Feb. 26 at 9:24 a.m. crews were dispatched to assist Operation Life at 407 Jacob St. but were disregarded at 9:27 a.m.
At 11:25 a.m. GFD responded to an alarm at Heartland Automotive, 300 S. Warren Dr. Investigation revealed an alarm malfunction. Cleared 11:50 a.m.
At 11:32 a.m. personnel performed a medical assist at 102 W. Poplar St. Cleared 11:55 a.m.
At 12:18 p.m. GFD assisted with a lock-in at 307 Simpson St. Cleared 12:32 p.m.
At 5:25 p.m. crews performed a medical assist at Putnam County Hospital. Cleared 5:56 p.m.
At 10:55 p.m. GFD was dispatched to an alarm at 301 E. Seminary St. but was disregarded at 10:58 p.m.
Information included in the Putnam Scanner is taken from reports provided to the Banner Graphic by the Greencastle Police, the Greencastle Fire and the Putnam County Sheriff's departments.
Individuals listed in the blotter have been arrested on probable cause and have not been formally charged. Charging information may change after an initial arrest.
Questions about listed charging information should be directed to the arresting agency.