* Icy conditions on Interstate 70 caused three early-morning wrecks on Monday, March 5.
At 1:58 a.m. Ashley D. Hogan, 27, Brazil, was westbound on I-70 in a 2008 Chevrolet Trailblazer. She was crossing the Mill Creek bridge near the 49-mile marker when she lost control on the ice-covered roadway.
The vehicle slid off the north side of the road, where it struck several trees, causing extensive front-end damage. Total damages were estimated between $2,501 and $5,000.
At 3:47 a.m. James M. Skelton, 53, Brazil, had a serious accident at the same location.
Skelton was westbound cross the Mill Creek bridge in a 2011 Freightliner Cascadia semi tractor puling double trailers. While crossing the bridge, Skelton suddenly lost control on the ice.
The rear trailer swerved into the median and back into the travel lanes, where it came unhooked from the dolly and overturned. The semi came to a stop in the travel lanes and the overturned trailer blocked both westbound lanes for several hours.
At 6:13 a.m. an accident resulting in a pair of serious injuries occurred near the 41-mile marker of I-70.
Timothy L. Holcomb, 43, Cloverdale, was eastbound, exiting a bridge in a 2001 Ford Explorer. He may have then lost control of the vehicle due to ice on the bridge.
Holcomb's SUV left the road and traveled into the median, then re-entered the road and hit the guardrail on the south side. The vehicle rolled onto its top back in the eastbound lanes.
Donna M. Hoffstetter, 43, Belleville, Ill., was also eastbound in a 2005 Chevrolet Impala. She could not avoid Holcomb's overturned vehicle, hitting it in the driver's side door.
Holcomb was ejected into the median and had chest injuries. Both he and Sarah Hofstetter, a passenger in the other vehicle, were taken to Putnam County Hospital by Operation Life before being transported to Indianapolis via AirEvac.
Donna Hofstetter complained of pain and had possible injuries.
* On Tuesday, March 6 at 4:01 a.m. Brent Combs, 18, Lebanon, was westbound on U.S. 36 in a 2005 Chevrolet Impala. He said he dropped his cigarette on the floor and took his eyes off the road to pick it up.
When he looked back at the road, he was already off into the grass. He could not correct and went into the ditch.
* At 7:30 p.m. Jane A. Lee, 49, Brazil, was southbound on County Road 375 West in a 2009 Chevrolet when a horse entered the road and she could not avoid the collision. The horse, owned by Howard Beilby, Greencastle, sustained minor injuries.
Off-duty deputy Adam Hull advised dispatch horses were loose in the area. As people were trying to corral the animals, one ran completely around the pasture and into the road.
Several people have been booked into the Putnam County Jail recently.
* On Tuesday, March 6 at 4:12 p.m. Corey Adam Bunten, 22, no city listed, was held at the jail for probation violation.
* On Wednesday, March 7 at 2 a.m. Jessica Lynn Wood, 26, Greencastle, was arrested for disorderly conduct and probation violation.
At 6:30 p.m. Kimberly Ann Wright, 46, Cloverdale, was housed at the jail for two counts of theft.
* On Thursday, March 8 at 3:40 a.m. Paul Joseph Sanders, 22, Greencastle, was booked in for possession of marijuana, possession of paraphernalia and probation violation.
Three recent traffic citations were issued by Greencastle City Police officers.
-- At 12:56 a.m. Wednesday, Lance Norman, 19, Crawfordsville, was ticketed by Officer Nick Eastham on Bloomington Street for 52 mph in a 30-mph zone.
-- At 7:23 p.m. Tuesday, Jacob Girton, 18, Reelsville, was cited by Officer Jeff Modlin for disregarding an automatic signal at Washington and Bloomington streets.
-- At 1:18 p.m. Tuesday, Latasha McCombs, 23, Greencastle, was ticketed by Reserve Officer Jeremiah Jackson for 39 mph in a 20-mph zone on South Jackson Street near Veterans Memorial Highway.
The Greencastle Fire Department has responded to a number of recent dispatches.
* On Tuesday, March 6 at 3:09 p.m. GFD was dispatched to an alarm at 2200 E. Indianapolis Rd. but was disregarded at 3:10 p.m.
* On Wednesday, March 7 at 10:45 a.m. crews responded to an alarm at 702 Monon St. No problem was found. Cleared 11:07 a.m.
At 11:05 a.m. personnel assisted Operation Life at 312 N. Madison St. Cleared 11:33 a.m.
At 10:33 p.m. GFD performed an odor investigation at 2540 E. CR 50 South. No problem was located. Cleared 12:16 a.m.
Information included in the Putnam Scanner is taken from reports provided to the Banner Graphic by the Greencastle Police, the Greencastle Fire and the Putnam County Sheriff's departments.
Individuals listed in the blotter have been arrested on probable cause and have not been formally charged. Charging information may change after an initial arrest.
Questions about listed charging information should be directed to the arresting agency.