* On Sunday, Feb. 25 at 5:20 a.m. Dustin J. Towers, 20, Greencastle, was eastbound on County Road 200 North just east of County Road 50 east in a 2002 Saturn SL1. Towers said the driver's side rear passenger Jonathan D. Eversole, 22, Greencastle, climbed out of the window and onto the car roof while the vehicle was in motion.
Towers said Eversole then proceeded to the hood and was knelt down on the driver's side, blocking Towers' view. Eversole then yelled for Towers to stop as the car approached a curve.
Towers braked, which ejected Eversole from the hood. Eversole was struck by the front of the car as he was rolling off the hood.
According to Towers and witnesses, Eversole was thrown approximately 30 feet from the vehicle and came to rest in the middle of the road.
Eversole was transported to Putnam County Hospital with head and internal injuries. He was later airlifted to Methodist Hospital, Indianapolis.
* On Monday, March 5 at 7:25 a.m. Tyler D. Hartman, 23, Evansville, was southbound on U.S. 231 just south of County Road 850 North in a 1992 Chevrolet S10. He was coming around a corner when the truck began to slide on the slick road.
Hartman tried to correct, but could not regain control, and the truck crossed the highway into the northbound lane, where it left the road and rolled onto its side in the ditch.
* At 7:45 a.m. Emily D. Black, 18, Indianapolis, was westbound on Interstate 70 just west of the 43-mile marker in the passing lane in a 1998 Saturn SC2.
Black said she was trying to pass a semi when the truck swerved into the passing lane. She then veered to the left, traveling into the median. Black overcorrected, causing her car to cross the westbound lane in front of the semi and strike a guardrail. The car rotated off the rail and went down and embankment on the north side.
The semi driver, Paul E. Moore, 46, Zionsville, said he was in the right lane when Black's vehicle began swerving in the passing lane. He said he braked and slowed down as the car spun in front of him, causing him to go into the passing lane.
* On Thursday, March 8 at 7:35 p.m. Jay D. May, 52, Monrovia, was eastbound on U.S. 40 near County Road 600 East in a 2012 Freightliner semi tractor and trailer owned by Penske Truck Leasing Co. and operated by IFCO Transport Co. out of Indianapolis.
A deer ran in front of the truck and May was unable to avoid the animal. The truck was disabled by the accident and was towed to Indianapolis.
* On Friday, March 9 at 9:38 p.m. Dillion J. Pate, 21, Greencastle, was southbound on U.S. 231 just south of County Road 200 North in a 1996 Cadillac DeVille when he bent over to pick an object up off the floor.
He said he then lost control, leaving the west side of the road, hitting a pole and a fence, coming to rest in a pasture.
* On Saturday, March 10 at 2:46 a.m. Brittany N. Steinbaker, 26, Browns-burg, was westbound on County Road 50 North in a 2008 Pontiac G6. She was adjusting her radio and ran off the road on the north side, hitting an embankment.
* At 8:34 a.m. Brent D. Long, 44, Coatesville, was backing out of the driveway at 176 Jefferson Valley, Heritage Lake, onto Delaware Drive in a 2009 Chevrolet Impala.
David A. Harden, 51, Coatesville, was eastbound on Delaware Drive in a 2011 Ford Fusion and hit the rear end of Long's car as he backed out of the driveway.
* On Sunday, March 11 at 1:35 a.m. Terry Damien, 26, Crawfordsville, was southbound on U.S. 231 approaching County Road 200 North in a 2005 Pontiac Grand Am. Travis Grimes, 41, Greencastle, was in front of him in a 2005 GMC Sierra. Grimes had his signal on and was trying to turn left onto County Road 200 North.
Grimes was waiting for a northbound vehicle to pass before he turned. Damien said he saw the northbound vehicle approaching and thought Grimes had plenty of time to turn. He looked back in front of him and rear-ended Grimes' truck.
* At 11:07 a.m. Aryn R. Duncan, 22, Poland, was northbound on County Road 475 West just north of County Road 900 South in a 1991 Honda Civic.
She said she was run off the road by a small blue passenger car. The car left the road and entered a ditch.
Duncan suffered a fracture or dislocation to her lower leg.
Several people have been booked into the Putnam County Jail recently.
* On Friday, March 9 at 7 p.m. Scot Dotson, 37, Avon, was housed at the jail for failure to appear.
At 9:04 p.m. Jeramiah Laman Reed, 24, Greencastle, was arrested for public intoxication, disorderly conduct, resisting law enforcement and probation violation.
At 10:55 p.m. Harry John Brown, 39, Coatesville, was held at the jail for public intoxication and operating while intoxicated.
* On Saturday, March 10 at 3:25 a.m. Kirk Patrick Hudson II, 22, Cloverdale, was booked in for operating while intoxicated.
At 12:08 p.m. Brandon James Query, 25, Greencastle, was housed at the jail for battery.
At 1 p.m. Melissa Marie Kay Magness, 26, Bloomington, was arrested for failure to appear.
At 6:23 p.m. Timothy Eugene Corbin, 53, Indianapolis, was held at the jail for public intoxication and intimidation.
At 10:10 p.m. Laura Marie Griffith, 35, Greencastle, was booked in for public intoxication, resisting law enforcement and battery on law enforcement.
At 10:42 p.m. Edward Nathaniel Willis, 40, Greencastle, was housed at the jail for public intoxication.
At 10:55 p.m. Dakota James Carpenter, 19, Greencastle, was arrested for theft, possession of a legend drug, possession of a syringe and being a minor in consumption of alcohol.
* On Sunday, March 11 at 3:58 a.m. Mark David Fennerty, 19, Carmel, was held at the jail for operating while intoxicated, public intoxication and being a minor in consumption of alcohol.
At 4:10 a.m. Billy Ray Buehler, 27, Greencastle, was booked in for operating while intoxicated and public intoxication.
At 4:11 a.m. Christopher C. Boylan, 19, Carmel, was housed at the jail for public intoxication, being a minor in consumption of alcohol, disorderly conduct disturbing the peace and resisting law enforcement.
At 4:43 a.m. Misty Dawn Crouch, 37, Fillmore, was arrested for operating while intoxicated with a prior conviction.
At 7:25 p.m. Jackie Lynn Haldeman, 42, Greencastle, was held at the jail for operating while intoxicated and public intoxication.
At 11:26 p.m. Kerry Duane Collins, 50, Greencastle, was booked in for disorderly conduct disturbing the peace and public intoxication.
* On Monday, March 12 at 1:42 a.m. Carla Ann Lyons, 56, Greencastle, was housed at the jail for operating while intoxicated and public intoxication.
At 11:08 p.m. Harold D. Doane, 51, Greencastle, was arrested for disorderly conduct disturbing the peace, resisting law enforcement and three counts of battery on law enforcement.
The Greencastle Fire Department has responded to a number of recent dispatches.
* On Friday, March 9 at 6:59 p.m. GFD was dispatched to an alarm at 509 S. Locust St. The problem was discovered to be an alarm malfunction. Cleared 7:14 p.m.
At 11:36 p.m. personnel assisted Operation Life at 1118 Avenue B. Cleared 11:55 p.m.
* On Saturday, March 10 at 11:17 a.m. GFD was dispatched to a medical assist at 1 N. Indiana St. but was disregarded at 11:21 a.m.
At 6:05 p.m. crews responded to an alarm at Humbert Hall, 208 E. Olive St. The alarm was set off by cologne. Cleared 7:08 p.m.
At 8:47 p.m. GFD was dispatched to an alarm at the Lilly Center, 702 S. College St. Investigation revealed a juvenile had activated a pull station. Cleared 9:01 p.m.
* On Sunday, March 11 at 12:49 a.m. crews were dispatched to 415 Anderson St. but were disregarded at 12:51 a.m.
At 3:46 p.m. personnel performed a smoke investigation between Anderson and Seminary streets. No problem was found. Cleared 3:57 p.m.
At 3:57 p.m. GFD responded to an alarm at 812 Stadium Dr. The alarm was set off due to cooking. Cleared 4:07 p.m.
* On Monday, March 12 at 4:19 p.m. personnel assisted with a car accident at the viaduct on North Jackson Street. Cleared 4:57 p.m.
Information included in the Putnam Scanner is taken from reports provided to the Banner Graphic by the Greencastle Police, the Greencastle Fire and the Putnam County Sheriff's departments.
Individuals listed in the blotter have been arrested on probable cause and have not been formally charged. Charging information may change after an initial arrest.
Questions about listed charging information should be directed to the arresting agency.