Three people were booked into the Putnam County Jail on Tuesday, March 20.
* At 11:04 a.m. Ted Harris, 30, Indianapolis, was housed at the jail for probation violation.
* At 9:30 p.m. Bret Duane Priebe, 53, Crawfordsville, was arrested for operating while intoxicated with a prior condition and public intoxication.
* At 10:17 p.m. Anthony Patrick Chandler, 42, Greenwood, was held at the jail for operating while intoxicated, domestic battery and theft.
The Greencastle Fire Department has responded to a number of recent dispatches.
* On Tuesday, March 13 at 2:55 p.m. GFD was dispatched to an alarm at Humbert Hall, 208 E. Olive St. No problem was found. Cleared 3:08 p.m.
At 3:20 p.m. personnel performed a medical assist at 1901 SR 240 East. Cleared 3:34 p.m.
* On Wednesday, March 14 at 3:22 a.m. crews were dispatched to an alarm at 302 N. College Ave., but were disregarded at 3:24 a.m.
At 6:15 a.m. GFD performed a medical assist at 201 W. Hill St. Cleared 6:59 a.m.
At 2:40 p.m. personnel responded to an alarm at Humbert Hall. No problem was found. Cleared 2:52 p.m.
At 7:26 p.m. crews were dispatched to a detector activation at 415 S. Locust St. The problem was caused by cooking. Cleared 7:38 p.m.
* On Thursday, March 15 at 8:26 p.m. GFD performed a smoke investigation at 5345 S. CR 25 West. They found an approximately 6-acre controlled burn that had jumped the fire line. They extinguished the fire and waited for Cloverdale Township at the scene, as it turned out to be the Cloverdale's district. Cleared 9:29 p.m.
* On Friday, March 16 at 11:36 a.m. personnel performed fluid cleanup and a motor vehicle accident at 1126 Indianapolis Rd. Cleared 12:07 p.m.
At 6:07 p.m. GFD assisted Operation Life at Hickory Creek at Sunset. Cleared 6:32 p.m.
* On Saturday, March 17 at 1:33 a.m. crews assisted Opeartion Life at 1216 S. Bloomington St. Cleared 2:02 a.m.
At 1:43 p.m. personnel responded to a citizen complaint at 112 S. Madison St. The problem was apparently a dispute about the use of ball field at Madison and Poplar streets. DePauw students were grilling at the location but there was very little smoke. Cleared 2:10 p.m.
At 5:37 p.m. GFD responded to a shed fire at 612 N. Madison St. An add-on to the shed that served as a dog shelter was on fire. Crews extinguished the fire and cleared the scene at 7:06 p.m.
At 5:49 p.m. crews responded to a medical assist at 509 S. CR 125 South. Cleared 5:55 p.m.
At 8:36 p.m. personnel assisted Greencastle Police with a vehicle fuel leak. Cleared 8:50 p.m.
At 11:25 p.m. GFD investigated a smoke scare at Putnam County Hospital. There was a smell of smoke in the pharmacy. A refrigeration unit with a bad compressor was causing the problem. Cleared 11:48 p.m.
At 11:54 p.m. crews were dispatched to an alarm at 446 Anderson St. but were disregarded at midnight.
* On Sunday, March 18 at 12:54 a.m. personnel were dispatched to an alarm at 807 S. College Ave. but were disregarded at 1:02 a.m.
At 6;30 p.m. GFD responded to a detector activation at 330 Greenwood Ave. The problem was due to cooking. Cleared 6:45 p.m.
* On Monday, March 19 at 11:21 p.m. crews responded to an alarm at Humbert Hall. No reason for the activation was found. Cleared 11:28 p.m.
* On Tuesday, March 20 at 11:25 a.m. GFD assisted Madison Township with a house fire at 263 W. CR 900 West. Cleared 4:29 p.m.
At 6:23 p.m. personnel investigated a smoke scare call at 3025 W. Cr 50 North. They found a controlled burn at a nearby location. Cleared 6:54 p.m.
* On Wednesday, March 21 at 9:08 a.m. GFD responded to an alarm at Humbert Hall. The problem was caused by burnt popcorn. Cleared 9:23 a.m.
Information included in the Putnam Scanner is taken from reports provided to the Banner Graphic by the Greencastle Police, the Greencastle Fire and the Putnam County Sheriff's departments.
Individuals listed in the blotter have been arrested on probable cause and have not been formally charged. Charging information may change after an initial arrest.
Questions about listed charging information should be directed to the arresting agency.