Several people have been booked into the Putnam County Jail recently.
* On Tuesday, April 10 at 9:20 a.m. Jeremiah David Gist, 26, Paragon, was arrested for contempt of court.
* On Wednesday, April 11 at 7 p.m. Julie Mae Vogel, 36, Martinsville, was charged with nonsupport of a dependent.
At 11:08 p.m. James Dale Haltom, 76, Cloverdale, was booked in for operating while intoxicated with a prior conviction and public intoxication.
* On Sunday, April 1 at 10:53 p.m. Leslie M. Cope, 21, Roachdale, was southbound on U.S. 231 in a 2002 Pontiac Grand Am when she lost control.
The care drove across the northbound lane, entering the ditch on the east side of U.S. 231, hitting a fence just north of County Road 900 North. She then ramped over 900 North, going airborne and hitting a concrete corner post.
Cope was not injured in the crash.
Damage $2,501-$5,000. The car was towed due to disabling damage.
* On Saturday, April 7 at 4:55 p.m. Brandon T. Gilbert, 26, Cloverdale, was attempting to turn south onto State Road 243 from the westbound turn lane on U.S. 40 in a 2004 Dodge Durango. Gary Turner, 58, Terre Haute, was eastbound on U.S. 40 in a 2008 Saturn Astra.
Gilbert did not see Turner's vehicle, and attempted to turn, hitting the driver's side of Turner's car.
Gilbert said it appeared that Turner was in the emergency lane of U.S. 40. However, both Turner and a witness in another car said Turner was in the right hand travel lane.
Damage $5,001-$10,000. Both vehicles were towed.
* On Sunday, April 8 at 1:09 p.m. Deanna M. Sowder, 25, Clayton, was northbound on U.S. 231 approaching the intersection of County Road 900 South in a 2003 Mitsubishi Lancer.
Howard T. Masterson, 46, Cloverdale, driving a 1998 Jeep Cherokee, pulled right out of the left turn lane on U.S. 231 and in front of Sowder, who could not avoid the sideswipe impact.
Masterson said he was tired of waiting for the car in front of him to move, so he tried to pull around it.
Information included in the Putnam Scanner is taken from reports provided to the Banner Graphic by the Greencastle Police, the Greencastle Fire and the Putnam County Sheriff's departments.
Individuals listed in the blotter have been arrested on probable cause and have not been formally charged. Charging information may change after an initial arrest.
Questions about listed charging information should be directed to the arresting agency.