Several people have been booked into the Putnam County Jail on Thursday, April 12.
* At 9:40 a.m. Carlos Rivera, 31, Indianapolis, was housed at the jail for reckless driving and operating while never having received a license.
* At 10 a.m. Nathan Gootee, 38, Danville, was arrested for nonsupport of a dependent.
* At 10:01 a.m. Micky J. Thompson, 40, no city listed, was charged with contempt of court.
* At 3 p.m. Thomas Matthew Cox, 26, Beech Grove, was booked in for probation violation.
* At 6:40 p.m. Quental Dewayne Weston, 23, no city listed, was charged with being a habitual traffic violator.
* At 8:48 p.m. Melinda Marie DeWees, 38, Fillmore, was arrested for operating while intoxicated.
Two property-damage accidents were investigated Thursday by Greencastle City Police.
-- At 11:38 a.m., a two-vehicle mishap occurred on the east side of the courthouse square as Larry Wood, 56, Greencastle, attempted to back his 1994 GMC Sonoma from a parking space in front of the Goodwill store when it struck a trailer being pulled by a 1991 Ford F-250 truck, driven by Ryan Smith, 24, Reelsville.
Smith was southbound on Indiana Street, pulling a trailer owned by Criss and Hutcheson contractors.
The collision resulted in an estimated $1,000-$2,000 damage.
Wood was arrested at the scene by Officer Darrel Bunten for operating a motor vehicle while intoxicated. Lodged in the Putnam County Jail, Wood registered .15 percent BAC under blood-alcohol testing.
-- At 2:57 a.m., a hit-and-run accident was reported at 605 Maple Ave., resulting in damage to a 1966 Buick Wildcat and a 1993 Dodge, owned by Mark Gross.
Christopher Trigg, 48, Greencastle, later came forward as the driver involved in the mishap, telling Officer Matt Huffman that he thought he had struck a pole with his 1993 Chevrolet Cavalier after swerving to avoid striking rabbits in the roadway.
Total damage was estimated at $5,000-$10,000.
* On Friday, April 6 at 12:05 a.m. Eric Blue, 38, Cloverdale, was westbound on U.S. 40, driving a 2004 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 when he hit a deer.
Damage was estimated at $10,001-$25,000.
Information included in the Putnam Scanner is taken from reports provided to the Banner Graphic by the Greencastle Police, the Greencastle Fire and the Putnam County Sheriff's departments.
Individuals listed in the blotter have been arrested on probable cause and have not been formally charged. Charging information may change after an initial arrest.
Questions about listed charging information should be directed to the arresting agency.