A Tuesday, April 17 accident spilled more than 35 tons of lime along the side of State Road 243 and sent an Illinois semi driver to the hospital with minor injuries.
At 12:25 p.m., James R. Phillips, 37, Benton, Ill., was traveling southwest State Road 243 in a 2006 Freightliner Classic semi tractor.
Phillips said as he rounded a curve in the road, his clipboard fell and as he attempted to retrieve it, the right tires left the roadway. He tried to steer the truck back onto the road, but lost control in the soft grass.
Tire marks on the should show that the front tires returned to the road, but he driving tires dug in on the shoulder, causing the vehicle to return to the shoulder, where it rolled onto its top.
The passenger side of the cab was crushed, but Phillips got out on his own. He suffered cuts to his head and was transport to Putnam County Hospital by Operation Life.
The vehicle was pulling a flatbed trailer loaded with 50-pound bags of lime and had an estimated load of 72,000 pounds.
Cloverdale Township Fire Department and Indiana Department of Transportation assisted at the scene.
* On Friday, April 13 at 3:20 p.m. Richard D. Iseman, 35, Cloverdale, was eastbound on County Road 900 South approaching the stop sign at Meridian Live Road in a 1989 Ford Ranger.
Iseman said gravel at the intersection kept him from completely stopping. He slid into the soutbound lane, hitting the passenger side of the 2007 Dodge Ram driven by Phillip B. Sanders, 47, Cloverdale.
* On Sunday, April 15 at 3:24 p.m. Beulah I. Davis Roe, 85, Roachdale, was stopped westbound on State Road 236 at the U.S. 231 intersection in a 2001 Buick LeSabre.
As she attempted to turn into the southbound lane, she struck the northbound 2007 Pontiac G6 driven by Andrew A. Sutter, 26, Downers Grove, Ill.
* On Tuesday, April 17 at 3:30 p.m. Daniel Parks, 24, Cloverdale, was backing a 2011 Chevrolet Colorado into a parking space in front of the South Putnam School Corporation bus barn.
Parks hit the gas instead of the brakes and backed into a barrier post and a door.
* On Wednesday, April 18 at 4:53 p.m. Lisha B. Hunsicker, 17, Cloverdale, pulled out of a parking space on U.S. 231 in Cloverdale in a 1995 Chrysler CXI. As she did, she pulled into the side of the 1999 Mitsubishi GE5 driven southbound by Joseph M. Rumley, 18, Martinsville.
Several people have been booked into the Putnam County Jail recently.
* On Tuesday, April 17 at 12:50 p.m. Keith Allen Shepherd, 35, homeless, was housed at the jail for theft.
At 3:10 p.m. Austin James Rahill, 40, Greencastle, was arrested for invasion of privacy.
* On Wednesday, April 18 at 12:54 p.m. Johnny Francis, 37, Losantville, was held at the jail for probation violation.
At 1:49 p.m. Michael Rider, 23, no city listed, was booked in for probation violation.
* On Thursday, April 19 at 12 p.m., Frederick Buttery, 37, Greencastle, was charged with possession of methamphetamine.
* On Friday, April 20 at 4:34 a.m. Russell Ward Keck Jr., 51, Roachdale, was arrested for operating while intoxicated.
Information included in the Putnam Scanner is taken from reports provided to the Banner Graphic by the Greencastle Police, the Greencastle Fire and the Putnam County Sheriff's departments.
Individuals listed in the blotter have been arrested on probable cause and have not been formally charged. Charging information may change after an initial arrest.
Questions about listed charging information should be directed to the arresting agency.