Several people have been booked into the Putnam County Jail recently.
* On Saturday, May 5 at 1:32 a.m. Robert Eugene Ford, 21, Greencastle, was arrested for operating while intoxicated.
At 2:25 a.m. John Patrick Grimes, 23, Russellville, was housed at the jail for operating while intoxicated.
At 4:45 a.m. Christina Deanda, 21, Greencastle, was charged with operating while intoxicated at public intoxication.
At 8:26 p.m. Robert Howard, 52, Cloverdale, was held at the jail for operating while intoxicated with a prior conviction and for being a habitual traffic violator.
At 11:40 p.m. Nathan Robert Smith, 21, Greencastle, was booked in for operating while intoxicated.
At 11:45 p.m. Duh Lian Bawi, 18, Indianapolis, was arrested for being a minor in consumption of alcohol.
At 11:56 p.m. Thawng Tha Lian, 21, Indianapolis, was housed at the jail for operating while intoxicated and public intoxication.
* On Sunday, May 6 at 12:01 a.m. Donald Greg Amick, 33, Spencer, was charged with disorderly conduct disturbing the peace.
At 8 p.m. John Ervin Capps Jr., 41, Reelsville, was held at the jail for battery.
At 8:45 p.m. Colten Zachery Booe, 22, Coatesville, was booked in for public intoxication and disorderly conduct disturbing the peace.
Two property-damage accidents were investigated Saturday by Reserve Officer Kyle Lee of the Greencastle City Police.
-- At 6:40 p.m., a two-car accident occurred on Indianapolis Road at the entrance to the Shoppes of Greencastle center.
Pamela Richards, 69, Greencastle, was attempting to exit the shopping center in a 2005 Honda CRV when she failed to see a westbound 2010 Honda, driven by Bette Bertram, 78, Greencastle, and a collision occurred when Richards pulled onto Indianapolis Road.
The Richards car struck the Bertram vehicle in the driver's side. Then, as Richards was attempting to get her vehicle out of the roadway, she made a U-turn, Officer Lee reported, and pulled in behind the Bertram car, running into the rear of it.
There were no reported injuries. Damage, however, was listed at $2,500-$5,000.
-- At 11:35 a.m. Saturday, a two-vehicle mishap was reported at Bloomington and Hanna streets.
Rachel Gearinger, 20, Westerville, Ohio, was reportedly northbound on Bloomington Street, driving a 2004 Honda, when she stopped to turn left onto Hanna Street and was struck from behind by a 1998 Dodge van, driven by Jeffrey Pullman, 52, Greencastle.
Pullman said the car stopped suddenly in front of him. While he swerved to avoid hitting it, the van struck the passenger-side rear of the Honda.
Total damage was estimated at $2,500-$5,000.
Six recent traffic citations were issued by Greencastle City Police officers.
-- At 12:03 a.m. Sunday, Sarah Pierce, 52, Greencastle, was cited on Indianapolis Road by Officer Eric Vaughan for a expired license plate (September 2011).
-- At 4:07 a.m. Saturday, Daisy Condah, 27, Dayton, Ohio, was ticketed by Officer Nick Eastham for 45 mph in a 30-mph zone on Bloomington Street.
-- At 11:28 p.m. May 3, Susan Jeffries, 37, Rockville, was ticketed by Officer Eastham for 52 mph in a 30-mph zone on Bloomington Street.
-- At 10:58 p.m. May 3, Carla Cleghon, 49, Brazil, was ticketed on Bloomington Street by Officer Eastham for 52 mph in a 30-mph zone.
-- At 10:30 p.m. May 3, Mayra Banales, 19, Greencastle, was cited on Bloomington Street by Officer Eastham for being an operator never licensed.
-- At 7:10 p.m. May 3, Michael Trisler, 34, Greencastle, was cited on State Road 240 by Officer Eastham for having no registraion plate on a trailer.
* On Thursday, May 3 at 9:20 p.m. Matthew D. Adams, 34, Danville, was eastbound on U.S. 40 near County Road 250 East in a 2011 Chevrolet Silverado when he hit a deer.
* On Friday, May 4 at 12:33 p.m. Paul A. Ford, 36, Morgantown, was northbound on County Road 625 West in a 2000 Ford Ranger.
For unknown reasons, the truck left the road and went into the ditch, hitting several trees and rolling onto the passenger side.
Ford said he did not know what happened.
* On Saturday, May 5 at 1:37 a.m. John C. Shearer, 20, Freedom, was southbound on U.S. 231 in a 1997 Ford Escort when three deer ran into his path. He swerved to miss the deer, running off the road and down and embankment.
The Greencastle Fire Department has responded to a number of recent dispatches.
* On Friday, May 4 at 2:38 p.m. personnel performed a medical assist with Operation Life at Walmart, 1750 Indianapolis Rd. Cleared 3:11 p.m.
* On Sunday, May 6 at 12:10 a.m. GFD responded to an alarm at 330 Greenwood Ave. They found the alarm was malfunctioning due to a bad detector head. Cleared 1:14 a.m.
At 2:35 a.m. crews performed a lift assist at 508 S. Illinois St. GFD called Operation Life to the scene to assess the patient. Cleared 3:14 a.m.
* On Monday, May 7 at 1:16 a.m. GFD responded to an alarm at 303 S. Locust St. The alarm was reset and personnel returned to the station at 1:35 a.m.
At 1:38 p.m. personnel responded to a motor vehicle accident at York Automotive, 1501 Indianapolis Rd. A car had struck the building, breaking a window of the dealership. GFD assisted with cleanup. Cleared 2:02 p.m.
Information included in the Putnam Scanner is taken from reports provided to the Banner Graphic by the Greencastle Police, the Greencastle Fire and the Putnam County Sheriff's departments.
Individuals listed in the blotter have been arrested on probable cause and have not been formally charged. Charging information may change after an initial arrest.
Questions about listed charging information should be directed to the arresting agency.