Several people have been booked into the Putnam County Jail recently.
* On Monday, May 7 at 11:50 a.m. Raymond Wayne Campbell, 48, Reelsville, was arrested for probation violation.
* On Tuesday, May 8 at 7:05 p.m. Russell Williams, 38, no city listed, was housed at the jail for nonsupport of a dependent.
* On Wednesday, May 9 at 6:40 p.m. Stephen Jarod Bridges, 30, Greencastle, was charged with residential entry and theft.
At 7:44 p.m. Gale Wayne Riley, 64, Greencastle, was booked in for battery.
Greencastle City Police investigated a property-damage accident at Vine and Columbia streets Thursday morning.
Assistant Chief Brian Hopkins reported that Denise Ferguson, 52, Martinsville, was northbound on Vine Street, driving a 2009 Honda Civic, when a Republic Services trash truck, driven by Earl Gorrell, 29, Greencastle, turned off Columbia Street onto Vine.
Thinking she was going to be hit by the 2001 Mack trash truck, Ferguson swerved and struck a utility pole.
There was no contact between the two vehicles, police said.
Total damage in the 6:37 a.m. accident was estimated at $2,500-$5,000.
Two recent speeding citations were written by city officers.
-- At 3:12 a.m. Thursday, Bryant Alexander, 20, Chicago, was stopped by Officer Nick Eastham on Bloomington Street, south of Martinsville Street, for 56 mph in a 30-mph zone.
-- At 7 p.m. Wednesday, Deanna Sowder, 25, Clayton, was ticketed by Officer Jeff Modlin for 45 mph in a 30-mph zone on Round Barn Road.
* On Sunday, May 6 at 9:19 p.m. Timothy W. Douglas, 40, Danville, was eastbound on U.S. 36 approaching U.S. 231 in a 2011 Ford F250. As he neared the intersection, Daniel F. Delacruz, 20, Coatesville, driving a 2005 Chevrolet Cavalier, turned in front of Douglas from westbound U.S. 36 onto southbound U.S. 231.
Delacruz said he believed he had time, but was unable to clear the intersection. Douglas could not avoid the collision.
* On Monday, May 7 at 5:15 p.m. Megan B. Schroeder, 33, Greencastle, was northeast bound on Heritage Drive in a 2005 Nissan Altima. Michael Collins, 39, Coatesville, was headed southwest on Heritage Drive in a 2006 Chevrolet Silverado. Both drivers were trying to negotiate Gettysburg Hill.
At the time of the collision the road was wet from rain. Schroeder locked up her brakes as she entered the curve and slid across the centerline into the bath of the pickup. Collins said he slammed on his brakes and tried to swerve right, but the vehicles struck head on.
Skid marks indicate Schroeder's car slid 107 feet before impact.
Schroeder suffered an apparent broken femur with minor scrapes and bruises. She was taken to Hendricks Regional Health by Operation Life.
Collins suffered scrapes to his neck and chest but refused medical attention.
Floyd Township Fire Department assisted at the scene.
* At 7:40 p.m. Thomas H. Wagner, 52, Argonner, Mo., was eastbound on Interstate 70 approaching the 42-mile marker in a 2006 Peterbilt semi tractor-trailer. He told the officer he fell asleep.
The vehicle left the road on the south side, hitting the face of a guardrail and a large road sign. The tractor continued east, taking out approximately 50 feet of guardrail and continuing east in the ditch.
The truck came to rest on the passenger side. Wagner was able to free himself from the wreckage and was not hurt.
Curtis Wrecker had to remove several feet of guardrail before the tractor-trailer could be lifted upright. The interstate was closed for about an hour.
INDOT and Cloverdale Fire Department assisted with traffic for about 3 1/2 hours.
The Greencastle Fire Department has responded to a number of recent dispatches.
* On Wednesday, May 9, GFD was dispatched to Humbert Hall, 208 E. Olive St., twice in a 20-minute period, at 9:24 and 9:44 p.m. In both cases, the alarm was set off by steam from showers. Cleared 9:57 p.m.
* On Thursday, May 10, personnel were dispatched to the ATO house, 504 Seminary St. The cause of the alarm was unknown. Cleared 3:17 a.m.
At 6:42 a.m. crews performed clean up following an auto accident at the corner of Vine and Columbia streets. Cleared 7:07 a.m.
Information included in the Putnam Scanner is taken from reports provided to the Banner Graphic by the Greencastle Police, the Greencastle Fire and the Putnam County Sheriff's departments.
Individuals listed in the blotter have been arrested on probable cause and have not been formally charged. Charging information may change after an initial arrest.
Questions about listed charging information should be directed to the arresting agency.