[Nameplate] Fog/Mist ~ 63°F  
High: 70°F ~ Low: 49°F
Sunday, May 1, 2016

Roban Apartment Fire

Thursday, May 24, 2012

Emergency personnel responded to Roban Apartments Wednesday morning to reports of a cooking fire in one of the units on the building's south end. Greencastle Fire Department Lt. John Shafer said the fire started on the stove and spread to some overhanging potholders and into the exhaust fan. The apartment's occupant transferred the problem pot into the sink, preventing further problems. A neighbor who went into the apartment was treated for smoke inhalation, but no other injuries occurred. Shafer said the extent of the damage was to the stove and exhaust fan. "They still have a good apartment, still have a home to live in, which is good," he said. The Greencastle Police Department and Operation Life also responded to the scene.



Respond to this story

Posting a comment requires free registration: