Several people have been booked into the Putnam County Jail recently.
* On Wednesday, May 23, at 1:30 p.m. James Neal, 44, Martinsville, was arrested for probation violation.
At 2:45 p.m. Ronda Jo Strunk, 43, Greencastle, was housed at the jail for probation violation.
At 3:20 p.m. Troy Lee Morphew, 38, Greencastle, was charged with public intoxication.
At 8:38 p.m. Jonathan Samuel Day, 35, Roachdale, was held at the jail for probation violation and battery.
* On Thursday, May 24 at 5 a.m. Alexandra Michelle Cooper, 19, Indianapolis, was booked in for driving under the influence of drugs.
At 8:30 a.m. Amanda Lee Lowe, 30, Greencastle, was arrested for probation violation.
At 11:32 a.m. Timothy Marker Snapp, 51, San Diego, Calif., was housed at the jail for possession of methamphetamine, possession of marijuana and possession of paraphernalia.
At 4:20 p.m. Bryan Lee Polster, 36, Cloverdale, was charged with operating while intoxicated, resisting law enforcement and for being a habitual traffic violator.
At 11:31 p.m. Jonathan George Neill, 32, Stinesville, was held at the jail for possession of methamphetamine, possession of marijuana and possession of paraphernalia.
* On Friday, May 25 at 12:02 a.m. Tyler Lee Matlock, 20, Bloomington, was booked in for possession of methamphetamine, possession of marijuana and possession of paraphernalia.
* On Monday, May 21 at 5:45 p.m. Kenneth O. Gearlds, 43, Greenwood, was eastbound on County Road 25 South traveling through Dunbar Covered Bridge in a 2005 Daimler Chrysler Sprinter van registered to United Parcel Service. Jeremy M. Cook, 37, Greencastle, was stopped at the other end of the bridge, waiting to cross in a 1997 Ford Explorer.
As Gearlds crossed the bridge he turned left to follow the road and failed to see Cook's vehicle, as his view was obstructed by his van's rear view mirror. When he noticed the SUV, he thought it was in his mirror, trying to pass him.
Gearlds said he didn't realize Cook was stopped until his left cargo bay struck the SUV.
Cook's vehicle had to be towed. Damage $2,501-$5,000.
* On Wednesday, May 23 at 8:07 a.m. Alexander M. Kelly, 18, Greencastle, was attempting to turn left into a parking space at South Putnam High School in a 2001 GMC Sierra 1500. He failed to observe the approaching 1993 Ford F350 driven by Brandon L. Knoy 18, Cloverdale.
As Kelly attempted to turn he hit the cargo area of Knoy's truck and the left tire, causing the rear axle to shift, which caused the drive shaft to disengage and fall to the ground.
Knoy's vehicle had to be towed. Damage $2,501-$5,000.
* At 8:15 a.m. Christian L. Baker, 18, Reelsville, had just turned from the South Putnam entrance into the north parking lot in a 1997 Chevrolet Blazer. Jessia L. O'Conner, 19, Fillmore, was facing south in a parking space in a 1995 Nissan Maxima.
As Baker passed, O'Conner failed to see her and began to back up, hitting the driver's side door.
Damage less than $1,000.
* At 8:15 a.m. Keith L. Moore, 34, Worcester, Mass., was parking facing northeast in the Cloverdale McDonald's parking lot in a 2012 Hyundai Sonata. Robert S. Moore, 69, Greencastle, was parking across the aisle facing northwest in a 1994 Ford Ranger.
Both vehicles began to back at the same time and ran into each other. Both had broken taillights and the Hyundai had scratches on the bumper.
Damage less than $1,000.
Information included in the Putnam Scanner is taken from reports provided to the Banner Graphic by the Greencastle Police, the Greencastle Fire and the Putnam County Sheriff's departments.
Individuals listed in the blotter have been arrested on probable cause and have not been formally charged. Charging information may change after an initial arrest.
Questions about listed charging information should be directed to the arresting agency.