Several people have been booked into the Putnam County Jail recently.
* On Friday, June 8 at 12:38 p.m. Brandi M. Behning, 24, Indianapolis, was arrested for driving with a suspended license.
At 8:15 p.m. Jesse Lee Witt, 29, Greencastle, was lodged at the jail on a Putnam County warrant for failure to appear in court.
* On Saturday, June 9 at 12:50 a.m. Brandon James Query, 25, Greencastle, was charged with possession of methamphetamine and possession of marijuana.
At 9:03 a.m. Kenneth Brian Taylor, 48, Martinsville, was held at the jail for probation violation.
At 5:12 p.m. Devon Dakota Atherton, 21, Fillmore, was booked in for operating while intoxicated.
* On Sunday, June 10 at 12:45 a.m. John Kevin Key, 55, Bloomington, was arrested for operating while intoxicated.
* On Monday, June 11 at 1:05 a.m. Donald Joseph Cornthwait, 29, Sarasota, Fla., was lodged at the jail for probation violation.
At 2:23 a.m. Keith Michael-Glenn Rogers, 34, Greencastle, was charged with two counts of invasion of privacy.
* On Thursday, June 7 at 8:22 p.m. Putnam County Deputy Charles M. Downing, 47, Greencastle, had responded to an accident at the home at 1398 U.S. 40 East. AirEvac was set to make a landing at the accident.
Downing proceeded to make a three-point turn in the 2012 Dodge Charger sheriff's car to help set up a landing zone. While maneuvering, he hit a stump that was covered by weeds with the right front bumper.
* On Saturday, June 9 at 7:50 a.m. Steven W. Crim, 58, Manilla, Ind., was traveling on U.S. 231 North in a 2010 Ford F150 when he hit a deer.
Greencastle City Police investigated a pair of minor accidents recently.
-- At 12:28 p.m. Sunday, a hit-and-run accident was reported on the west side of U.S. 231, across the road from the Swifty station.
Chelsea Trammel, 19, Greencastle, told Officer Ed Wilson that she pulled off there after a jar of change dumped over in her vehicle. As she was trying to retrieve the loose coins, a white Chevrolet Cavalier entered the lot and struck her 2008 Chevrolet Cobalt, causing an estimated damage in excess of $1,000 to the passenger side of the car before leaving the scene.
-- At 2:35 p.m. June 6, a two-car mishap occurred at Arlington and Washington streets as Barbara McGill, 79, Indianapolis, was stopped at the stopsign on Arlington in a 2002 Dodge Neon.
At the same time, Annarhea Dwigans, 86, Greencastle, was attempting to turn off Washington onto Arlington in a 2007 Buick LaCrosse, but struck the McGill car while turning.
Officer Wilson estimated total damage at $1,000-$2,500.
The Greencastle Fire Department has responded to a number of recent dispatches.
* On Friday, June 8 at 10:57 p.m. GFD was dispatched to a smoke alarm at 505 S. Jackson St. The alarm was discovered to be due to cooking. Responders ventilated the area and cleared the scene at 11:09 p.m.
At 11:57 p.m. crews were dispatched to an alarm at 626 E. Seminary St. No obvious cause was found. Firefighters reset the alarm and cleared the scene at 12:05 a.m.
* On Saturday, June 9 at 7:39 p.m. firefighters assisted Operation Life at 1129 Canterbury Dr. Cleared 8:01 p.m.
* On Sunday, June 10 at 11:23 a.m. GFD performed a medical assist at 1030 Avenue D.
At 3:58 p.m. crews assisted Operation Life on a four-wheeler accident at 474 W. CR 50 North. Cleared 4:22 p.m.
Information included in the Putnam Scanner is taken from reports provided to the Banner Graphic by the Greencastle Police, the Greencastle Fire and the Putnam County Sheriff's departments.
Individuals listed in the blotter have been arrested on probable cause and have not been formally charged. Charging information may change after an initial arrest.
Questions about listed charging information should be directed to the arresting agency.