Greencastle City Police are investigating a drive-off theft of gasoline that occurred Thursday morning at Casey's General Store on U.S. 231 South.
At 10:36 a.m., the driver of a newer four-door red Dodge truck reportedly pumped $55 in fuel and left the station without paying.
Officer Albert Epple is investigating.
A hit-and-run accident was reported Thursday evening on the north side of the courthouse square.
Marcey Moore, 42, Brazil, reportedly parked her black 2006 Pontiac on Franklin Street and went to the courthouse at approximately 4:15 p.m.
When Moore returned to her car at 7:05 p.m., she discovered damage to the driver's side of the vehicle.
Officer Matt Huffman reported a large dent in the rear passenger door and accompanying scrapes that indicated white paint transfer from the offending vehicle that left the scene.
No damage estimate was available.
Three recent citations were issued by Greencastle City Police officers.
-- At 11:25 p.m. Thursday, Johnny Slater, 54, Brazil, was stopped on Bloomington Street by Capt. Charles Inman. Slater was cited for an expired driver's license and having no operator's license when required.
-- At 10:45 a.m. June 9, Lee Ruse, 62, Lafayette, was ticketed on U.S. 231 by Officer Epple for having no registration plate on his boat trailer.
Several people have been booked into the Putnam County Jail recently.
* On Thursday, June 14 at 3:55 p.m. Jeffery Lyn Schrader, 54, Indianapolis, was arrested for possession of marijuana, failure to appear and driving with a suspended license.
At 11:55 p.m. Michael David Butler, 59, Terre Haute, was booked in for operating while intoxicated and public intoxication.
* On Friday, June 15 at 4:15 a.m. Robert Allen Glover, 37, Amo, was charged with public intoxication.
* On Friday, June 8 at 4:03 p.m. Garret C. Newhouse, 25, Brazil, was northbound on County Road 300 West in a 2000 Ford F-350 and went over the center line.
He said he had to go to the right to correct, at which time the trailer he was pulling got off the road. The trailer hit the ditch and overturned.
Damage was estimated at $2,501-$5,000.
* On Wendesday, June 13 at 9:15 a.m. Vickie C. Bonifield, 50, Cloverdale, was northbound on County Road 50 West in a 2003 Cadillac DeVille when she hit a deer.
The Greencastle Fire Department has responded to a number of recent dispatches.
* On Wednesday, June 13 at 5:34 p.m. GFD responded to an unauthorized burn at 1108 Indiana St. Cleared 5:44 p.m.
* On Thursday, June 14 at 7:25 a.m. crews were dispatched to a motor vehicle accident on West Walnut Street near the railroad tracks. A car had hit a pole. Cleared 7:45 a.m.
At 4:59 p.m. GFD was dispatched to clean up radiator fluid on the road at 1 N. Locust St. Cleared 5:09 p.m.
At 10:34 p.m. responders went to 22 Beveridge St. on an unauthorized burn. Cleared 10:47 p.m.
At 10:47 p.m. GFD was dispatched to assist Fillmore on a structure fire at 7725 S. Putnam County Rd. Cleared 2:38 a.m.
At 11:45 p.m. crews performed an odor investigation at 1061 Hospital Dr. Cleared 12:23 a.m.
* On Friday, June 15 at 8:59 a.m. firefighters were called to an unauthorized burn at 21 Beveridge St. They extinguished the fire and cleared the scene at 9:29 a.m.
At 5:20 p.m. GFD performed a lift assist at 1092 U.S. 231. Cleared 5:36 p.m.
Information included in the Putnam Scanner is taken from reports provided to the Banner Graphic by the Greencastle Police, the Greencastle Fire and the Putnam County Sheriff's departments.
Individuals listed in the blotter have been arrested on probable cause and have not been formally charged. Charging information may change after an initial arrest.
Questions about listed charging information should be directed to the arresting agency.